Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 17,657 times

Advertisements

VeronikaW - Have you had a chance to go to the car wash yet? What did you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 10:15 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,842,525 times
"Car wash season" is just about over, I'm afraid.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:04 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,852,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselsmom View Post
VeronikaW - Have you had a chance to go to the car wash yet? What did you think?
I didn't get to go yet (hard with my 10 month old son), but I may try on our next sunny day, the inside of my car really needs it!

V. =)

Old 08-27-2008, 05:16 PM

319 posts, read 1,911,088 times
I got a random question because I just moved here this summer: Is there anything I should do to keep my floor mats from getting moldy or gross from all the water? Even today when it was raining and I was in and out of the car, the car was starting to smell because the floor mats were still wet from the night before. They are black so I have no idea how dirty they are; they could probably use a good steam clean. Should I take them out of the car to air out if they are still wet after a couple days? Wet vac them?

Do people still wash their cars regularly here even though they might get dirty right away with the rain? At least I don't have to worry too much about my black dash and interior fading more!

I used to wash and vacuum my car myself every week or two when we had a house and driveway, but here in the apartment it's more difficult even though we have a garage and water hookup for a hose, although we're not supposed to wash cars here. There isn't enough clearance in the garage to vacuum the inside very easily without parking the car outside of the garage and getting an extension cord. I took it to a self wash and it ended up costing about $10 because it ate my money, and then ran out and had me put in the start fee again. Didn't like that is scratched the car and didn't get it very clean because I had to rush either.

Thanks! I wish I could afford a full-service car wash. Living here I'm poorer than I was in college....

Old 08-27-2008, 10:01 PM

392 posts, read 1,556,795 times
I bought the rubber mats for our cars. Pretty cheap at a Target or something and don't get mildewy.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:50 PM

319 posts, read 1,911,088 times
Might be time for some of those. Thanks!

Old 01-19-2011, 06:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,084 times
Default Elephant Car wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa View Post
There is a full service car wash called Elephant Car Wash. I have been to the location in Federal Way. Ok job.

Locations (http://www.elephantcarwash.com/locations1.htm - broken link).
Those places are terrible. I've taken my car to the one in Maple Valley on numerous occasions and when I get home I have to clean the windows again and sometimes wash it again. These are not professional full service car washes. Hiring the high school student is fine, but if you are having them wash and dry your car they need some training on how to do it properly, not use the same rag they wiped off the car with to wipe your windows again!

Old 07-04-2016, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 423 times
B's car wash in skyway next to grocery outlet in the parking lot if anyone needs or wants a hand wash car wash....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington