Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2010, 10:21 AM

3 posts, read 16,293 times

Advertisements

Hello. I'm new to this area and considering taking the train to work in Arlington instead of driving and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how quickly or by what time the parking garages at Largo Town Center are full. I could pay for parking in Arlington, considering it would be cheaper for me, as opposed to paying for both the metro fare and parking fees but I don't want to deal with the traffic.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 05:13 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,956,968 times
Largo has two huge parking garages as well as a few parking lots on metro's premises. It usually never gets full.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:39 PM

Thanks for the response! I've been to the station and I saw both garages but a few people, who DON'T take the train, told me the spaces get filled really early. And, I also noticed there's a waiting list for the reserved spaces at Largo so I've been trying to figure out by what time I need to get there. But, I don't want to have to get up and leave home at the crack of dawn either. Guess, I'll just have to try it out and see..... Another alternative would be to try the Morgan Blvd station. I'm so use to driving. Sigh......

Old 01-11-2010, 10:09 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,956,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasteful_treasures View Post
Thanks for the response! I've been to the station and I saw both garages but a few people, who DON'T take the train, told me the spaces get filled really early. And, I also noticed there's a waiting list for the reserved spaces at Largo so I've been trying to figure out by what time I need to get there. But, I don't want to have to get up and leave home at the crack of dawn either. Guess, I'll just have to try it out and see..... Another alternative would be to try the Morgan Blvd station. I'm so use to driving. Sigh......
I mean I used to work at the Blvd town center which is right by Largo station and I never noticed it full, maybe close but not 100%. If in any case Largo does get full the next stop over, Morgan Boulevard, is an alternative and its relatively close to Largo, near fed ex field to be exact.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:15 PM

720 posts, read 1,554,897 times
Yes Largo Town Center metro does have 2 huge garages, but they get FULL everyday by 9am. To be able to find a spot I'd say be there no later than 7:30 or 8am.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:09 AM

Thanks for the response and specific timeframe!! That's good to know so I can plan accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC