Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,061 times

Advertisements

Very disappointing! I was a big fan of the Globe during that short period last year when it was truly a mix of various rock. But even after they returned to Classic Rock format, it was still among the best stations I have access to (although I agree with previous posters that it gets stale when you hear the same songs every day). Now this Fresh crap is not likely to be worth listening to at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,040 times
The real crime is that "Little Steven's Underground Garage" has been excised from the new "Fresh" format, which is designed to appeal to females 18-49 (the kind that digs Oprah Winfrey rather than Joan Jett). This severely sucks. Sunday night never will be the same. "We Want the Airwaves," sung the Ramones back in 1981. Could anyone disagree with such a sentiment?

Old 04-13-2009, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,020 times
It took less than an hour for Fresh to go Stale (and I too fall squarely in the supposed audience demographic). Heard the same Natalie Merchant song twice the first day - didn't want to hear it in the first place. I'm sure they're saving plenty of money not having to pay for on-air staff, but you'd think they could pay a little more to the programmer and not have so much repetition. Checked their website and there doesn't appear to be any place to send comments. Cowards. I've ditched them for 100.3 until I can get a dock for my ipod.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,950 times
OMG. The days of WHFS are gone! I wish we had appreciated it while we had it.. Yes, 94.7 was getting there, playing all sorts of stuff. Then went back to top 40.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 4,768 times
I've listened to Fresh when the classical stations run the intolerable warbling of opera on Saturday afternoons. It ranges from Chick Lite tunes to Ditzy Dance music, but retains a respectable quantity of classic rock from the 60s through 00s, so long as it doesn't rock too hard. Still sucks, though. Pandering to a demo with disposable income may be the way radio is run, but it produces a blandly annoying blend of incongruous music.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:56 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,513,726 times
I've changed 94.7FM in my car's radio memory for 102.7 Jack-FM. They're out of Baltimore but their signal just barely makes it into NOVA. A much better mix of music that doesn't appear to target any particular demographic, so it never gets repetitive or boring. Also no 'personalities' that just chew-up airtime with their babbling, rants, and inanities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC