Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 09:29 AM

339 posts, read 837,254 times

Advertisements

There used to be a lot of Au Pairs out at night. Over the past 2 years I've seen a decline in these lovely ladies. Does anybody know what happened?

Possible theories for the decline
1)The government issues less work visas for foreigners?
2)The Au Pairs are still here they just have stricter curfews?
3)The Au Pairs that were here went back home to Europe and told everyone how terrible and boring DC is and now Au Pairs only want to travel to NYC/MIAMI or Socal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 10:29 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,248,659 times
Well au pairs are expensive. Maybe the economy is the reason for the decline. While the DC area wasn't really hit by the recession people are cutting back on the non-essentials. So where were you seeing these au pairs? I've never met one but then again I don't exactly travel in those circles or live in a part of town that would have any.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:54 AM

Usually they would go to downtown and Midtown. Mostly lounges and night clubs. Rarely would i see them at bars. I guess the recession could be a reason.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:47 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,624,004 times
Maybe they shook their asses back to England?

Old 06-02-2011, 06:59 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,513,065 times
Last month I took a day off and took my youngest son to a story hour. Of the ~15 adults there, I was the only male present (and the recipient of many weird looks). Of the females, perhaps 4 were moms and the rest were nannies/au pairs/babysitters.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Last month I took a day off and took my youngest son to a story hour. Of the ~15 adults there, I was the only male present (and the recipient of many weird looks). Of the females, perhaps 4 were moms and the rest were nannies/au pairs/babysitters.
Yo. Next time you go. Ask them where they go out. Thanks.

Gilgamesh

Old 06-02-2011, 08:42 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,513,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
Yo. Next time you go. Ask them where they go out. Thanks.

Gilgamesh
Just borrow a niece or a nephew, then take them to a storytime at a library or bookstore. Then bring your game.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:43 PM

47 posts, read 93,859 times
i had a roommate a few years ago, he was from russia.
and he was bring different russian au-pair girls to our apartment all the time.
he found them on internet forums or chatrooms or something
he ended up marrying a ukrainian one and moving to jersey with her..

i know another guy, who used to hang out with a lot of au-pair girls..
just last year we were in ocean city for memorial day, and he had half a dozen german au pair girls staying at his parents beach house there, and we had 2 more au pair girls staying at the house we rented..

they are still around.. i was a this horrible club, metro cafe, in 7-corners (falls chruch va) last friday.. and 4 german au-pair girls showed up..

you need to find places that play techno..
lima on 14th and k should have a good number of them.

also, if you are down with foreign girls.. check out the pool lifeguards..
there used to be more though. this company "century pool management" used to bring in all the eastern european girls, but the screwed over a ton of them and went bankrupt
Lifeguards Stranded With No Pay - washingtonpost.com

Old 06-03-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Just borrow a niece or a nephew, then take them to a storytime at a library or bookstore. Then bring your game.
LOL. Thanks bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott0482 View Post
i had a roommate a few years ago, he was from russia.
and he was bring different russian au-pair girls to our apartment all the time.
he found them on internet forums or chatrooms or something
he ended up marrying a ukrainian one and moving to jersey with her..

i know another guy, who used to hang out with a lot of au-pair girls..
just last year we were in ocean city for memorial day, and he had half a dozen german au pair girls staying at his parents beach house there, and we had 2 more au pair girls staying at the house we rented..

they are still around.. i was a this horrible club, metro cafe, in 7-corners (falls chruch va) last friday.. and 4 german au-pair girls showed up..

you need to find places that play techno..
lima on 14th and k should have a good number of them.

also, if you are down with foreign girls.. check out the pool lifeguards..
there used to be more though. this company "century pool management" used to bring in all the eastern european girls, but the screwed over a ton of them and went bankrupt
Lifeguards Stranded With No Pay - washingtonpost.com

Old 06-04-2011, 09:55 PM

47 posts, read 93,859 times
it is funny that i ran across this thread..

last night, i went to a house party in silver spring (aspen hill)..
at least 40 au-pair girls there.. all from different countries.
i was talking to this 6 ft tall blonde swedish girl, she just got here a few weeks ago, i offered to show her around and got her number.. she has 3 swedish friends who will probably tag along too..

crazy...

and from what i heard, they hang out at ultra bar.. a-lot of them are under 21 (hence why there were all at a house party in the "middle of no-where").. and you can get into ultra bar under 21, and wash the big X off of your hand...

i guess that it sometimes does pay to be friends with amateur techno DJ's...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC