Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:03 PM

14 posts, read 126,043 times

Advertisements

Thanks terrence8. So let's say it's $20 from Sterling to WFC metro and $20 from WFC to Sterling... I'd say it's better/faster/more convinient if I just drive to the union station and walk to the megabus stop...what do you think?

If I park at Union Station garage in Massachusette ave. how far is that from the Union Station itself? I'm asking because looks like Megabus is offering a free shuttle from the bus stop to the Union Station (during 6:45 PM - 12:00 time frame only) which picks passengers up at the megabus stop and take them to 1st NE, South of G str. NE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 01:49 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,271,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkling_girl View Post
Thanks terrence8. So let's say it's $20 from Sterling to WFC metro and $20 from WFC to Sterling... I'd say it's better/faster/more convinient if I just drive to the union station and walk to the megabus stop...what do you think?

If I park at Union Station garage in Massachusette ave. how far is that from the Union Station itself? I'm asking because looks like Megabus is offering a free shuttle from the bus stop to the Union Station (during 6:45 PM - 12:00 time frame only) which picks passengers up at the megabus stop and take them to 1st NE, South of G str. NE.
That's a good point. I'm fortunate in that the most I've ever paid to take a cab to a metro was $13 when I lived off Columbia Pike in Falls Church/Annandale. So yeah it might indeed be cheaper to just drive to Union Station.

Oh if you are just going for a day you can park at the Crystal City metro for free. Its free on the weekends (after 4:00 Pm Friday) just be out there before 5:00 am Monday. Then you'd take the metro to Union Station. Yellow line to Red line.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
That's a good point. I'm fortunate in that the most I've ever paid to take a cab to a metro was $13 when I lived off Columbia Pike in Falls Church/Annandale. So yeah it might indeed be cheaper to just drive to Union Station.

Oh if you are just going for a day you can park at the Crystal City metro for free. Its free on the weekends (after 4:00 Pm Friday) just be out there before 5:00 am Monday. Then you'd take the metro to Union Station. Yellow line to Red line.
Great idea, thank you so much.

I just looked up their hours of operation and looks like the metro starts at 7:00. So do you by any chance know how long it will take for me to go from Crystal City stop to Union station (Yellow line to Red line getting off nad on included)?

Thanks again

Regards

Old 04-06-2011, 10:44 AM

1,346 posts, read 4,225,568 times
I'm pretty sure there's a parking lot there. It's not like the one when it was at Metro Center, but it didn't look too filled last time I saw.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:42 AM

15,471 posts, read 25,934,396 times
Park at National Airport in the long term lot and take Metro from there.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:32 AM

Thank you for all your replies. I will probably go park at Union Station Parking as my NY bus leaves at 8 AM and there is a good chance I miss it if I take the metro...

Old 04-08-2011, 09:11 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,965,378 times
Quote:
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and have already searched for the similar questions but wasn't able to find any answers, so hope you don't mind me posting this question :-)

I am taking Megabus to go from DC to NY and in the confirmation email Megabus sent me, they said here's the pickup location:
"Parking Lot at K St. NW and N Capitol St. NW"

I was wondering:

1) If I decided to drive there, where can I park my car? Is there a big parking lot with lots of spot svailable?

2) If i decided to take the metro, which line should I get on and please be as specific as possible, as this is my first time getting on a metro, too...

I live in Sterling, Virginia if that helps.

Many thanks in advance,
Sparkling_girl
fastest way is Louden county commuter bus at AM rush or drive to herndon monroe park and ride and use WMATA express bus 5A

Old 04-08-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Thank you for all your replies. I will probably go park at Union Station Parking as my NY bus leaves at 8 AM and there is a good chance I miss it if I take the metro...
EVEN BETTER drive to dulles north transit center and take express bus to DC!!!!! then walk to megabus here is info http://www.loudoun.gov/controls/speerio/resources/RenderContent.aspx?data=c971266d378e4963befe78da4e 2ca983&tabid=333 (broken link)

Also smartrip cards work on these buses if you have a smartrip card the fare is $7 and leaves at 6:15 from dulles north and STOPS DIRECTLY AT UNION STATION!!!!! SUPER EXPRESS BUS NO METRO NEEDED!!!

Old 04-09-2011, 01:58 AM

3,308 posts, read 9,408,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
EVEN BETTER drive to dulles north transit center and take express bus to DC!!!!! then walk to megabus here is info http://www.loudoun.gov/controls/speerio/resources/RenderContent.aspx?data=c971266d378e4963befe78da4e 2ca983&tabid=333 (broken link)

Also smartrip cards work on these buses if you have a smartrip card the fare is $7 and leaves at 6:15 from dulles north and STOPS DIRECTLY AT UNION STATION!!!!! SUPER EXPRESS BUS NO METRO NEEDED!!!
That's a weekday only bus so probably won't be of much help to her.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
That's a weekday only bus so probably won't be of much help to her.
is she leaving on a weekend???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC