Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

DC: better lifestyle, hospitality industry, education, tourist business, promising career, dishwasher

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 12:33 PM

8 posts, read 19,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
Hey istan, are you sure you can fly without a visa? =/ I really hope you can, and I hope you can settle down well after you arive, good luck
Sorry it took me this long to answer your question. I am here in DC. Been here since september . Living in Alexandria. we took a flight from Miami international and everything went smooth. I really had a rough times with job and rent payments but it is getting better and better with everyday. I just got a good job at ahotel as a sales coordinator and hopefully it will be a good solid payment from now and on. Before that I worked as a server in Upscale place in Chinatown. There have been days when we had to borrow money for food as I work alone and my sits at home with two small kids. Overall impression of this place is great I am happy I moved out of Key west. Coming fall I will start doing my MA in John Hopkins and we will go from there. Thanks for everbody supporting me emotionally and gave good advice.
I will write more soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 03:00 PM

30 posts, read 80,873 times
Default Dc

Maybe you could do translation or something related to journalism. I would have all your credentials available. Good luck to you. I think many families struggle trying to balance career vs family.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:19 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,502,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by istan View Post
Overall impression of this place is great I am happy I moved out of Key west. Coming fall I will start doing my MA in John Hopkins and we will go from there. Thanks for everbody supporting me emotionally and gave good advice. I will write more soon.
Glad to hear it. Each day is one day. Hope the kids are well...

Old 06-05-2008, 02:47 PM

8 posts, read 19,913 times
Trigger 2008 besides my hotel job I am also doing freelance job for media from my part of the world... I do stringer job for radio station. I do not get paid for that but this is a great hook up for the future and it will help me to stay in shape in terms of journalism. I have tried to do translation job but there is nothing firm and ongoing that would keep me busy all the time and provide solid income.(except intelegence jobs but I won't be able to get security clearence) but if there is something comes up, heck yeah I'll do it. I've done couple immigration interviews and it worked out well. I have 5 year experience on that. Uzbek Russian English fluent so if something comes accross let me know

Saganista, thank you so much, Kids doing fine!!! they are growing fast. My daugher is 2 and my son will be 1 year at the end of the month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC