Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 03:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,124 times

Advertisements

Could some tell me what would be a nice and safe neighborhood to relocation as a single women. I would be commuting to DC for work.

Maryland is such large state. I have been going crazy trying to find the right area.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 02:15 PM

646 posts, read 2,678,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerah View Post
Could some tell me what would be a nice and safe neighborhood to relocation as a single women. I would be commuting to DC for work.

Maryland is such large state. I have been going crazy trying to find the right area.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

ChevyChase,Bethesda,Silver Spring

Old 10-08-2008, 07:55 PM

5 posts, read 12,735 times
Hello Meerah. It really depends on how long you are willing to commute to your job in DC, where the job is, and what is important to you. I live in Catonsville, my dad commuted to the Pentagon for many years. He would drive to the train station and take the MARC (commuter train) into DC's metro to the Pentagon. There is great public transportation but the 495 beltway is pretty horrible during rush hour. I would be happy to talk to you about the area and can recommend some great realtors I work with who work with lots of folks who are relocating. Even if you are in the market to rent and not buy, realtors know the area. email me at bmcgee@alliedhomenet.com and we can talk more about what you are looking for. Good Luck in your search.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,124 times
Default Possible relocation from NJ to MD

After reading a lot of the comments about the different areas in MD. I guess I am a little more confused. It seems that there are a lot of negative things said about a number of different areas in MD as far as price, location, etc. I guess I just have read more and do more research.

I am looking to rent or rent to own. I guess the commute is important, but me being single, a safe neighborhood is the most important. I have been looking in Frederick and it seem like a really nice area. I am just not sure about the commute to DC via train or driving.

I have a lot of research to do....

Old 10-09-2008, 06:53 AM

206 posts, read 635,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerah View Post
After reading a lot of the comments about the different areas in MD. I guess I am a little more confused. It seems that there are a lot of negative things said about a number of different areas in MD as far as price, location, etc. I guess I just have read more and do more research.

I am looking to rent or rent to own. I guess the commute is important, but me being single, a safe neighborhood is the most important. I have been looking in Frederick and it seem like a really nice area. I am just not sure about the commute to DC via train or driving.

I have a lot of research to do....
Frederick is way way way too far out.

Keep it simple.

Stick to Western Montgomery County near the DC border, or upper NW DC.

Look at the metro subway map on the Red line.

Anything from Grosvenor to Woodley Park should be perfectly fine.

Metro - Metrorail System Map (http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm - broken link)

Also, since your work is in DC, consider also Northern Virginia. The Arlington area is great for the young and single.

Look at the orange line from Ballston to Rosslyn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland