Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2014, 02:33 AM

304 posts, read 717,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
MGM had their quarterly meeting and had some interesting points about their National Harbor Project. This transcript is from an investor site. To read the entire thing you will need to register but its free.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2384...nscript?page=2

So now the project is officially over 1 billion dollars. Also,creating a build-out space is a smart move on their part. I figured that they would do it but its good to see them confirm it. I also heard that Cheesecake Factory is considering a site in the "restaurant row" being planned near Tanger. I know that doesn't do it for some but its good for that If they do come it will upgrade the type of chain restaurants that are actually on Oxon Hill Road. Personally I would like to see a Maggiano's and a Chik-Fila there. Anyone else have a wish list?
You seem to scoff at The Cheesecake Factory coming to the NH, but you advocate for crappy, lackluster, run-of-the-mill Chick-Fil-A??? LOL, okay...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 04:08 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,583,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
You seem to scoff at The Cheesecake Factory coming to the NH, but you advocate for crappy, lackluster, run-of-the-mill Chick-Fil-A??? LOL, okay...
No. I don't have a problem with Cheesecake Factory. But others have debated against it on this thread.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:01 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,077,703 times
Quote:
MGM had their quarterly meeting and had some interesting points about their National Harbor Project. This transcript is from an investor site. To read the entire thing you will need to register but its free.

So now the project is officially over 1 billion dollars. Also,creating a build-out space is a smart move on their part. I figured that they would do it but its good to see them confirm it. I also heard that Cheesecake Factory is considering a site in the "restaurant row" being planned near Tanger. I know that doesn't do it for some but its good for that If they do come it will upgrade the type of chain restaurants that are actually on Oxon Hill Road. Personally I would like to see a Maggiano's and a Chik-Fila there. Anyone else have a wish list?
Maggiano's is supposed to be a part of the new Springfield Town Center. That maybe too close to National Harbor. I think Cheesecake Factory would be a good start. It's good to see the county getting some variety. It certainly doesn't hurt. If other businesses see Cheesecake Factory coming and becoming successful, they will come too.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:30 AM

7,086 posts, read 9,659,743 times
Quote:

I'm particular to the Lettuce Entertain You restaurant group. They have restaurants such as:

Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab (DC)
Maggiano's (DC area)
Mon Ami Gabi (Bethesda)
Wildfire (Tysons)

All are in the DC area.

but it would be nice to get some restaurants from some of the best food cities in the world like Chicago, New York, LA. Or a few single proprietor chefs.

PS. It would be nice if there were a Brazilian chophouse on PGC soil like Brasa, Fogo de Choa, or Texes de Brazil.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Maggiano's is supposed to be a part of the new Springfield Town Center. That maybe too close to National Harbor. I think Cheesecake Factory would be a good start. It's good to see the county getting some variety. It certainly doesn't hurt. If other businesses see Cheesecake Factory coming and becoming successful, they will come too.
I agree that the county needs more diversity in that tier so hopefully the new restaurants opening there as well as the activity going on in Hyattsville and Route 1 will help to build a better business case for those types of restaurants opening types of businesses opening up in PGC. I was speaking with a friend of mine the other day about the disparity in retail/restaurant options in PG compared to other counties. Especially given the fact that African-Americans spend approx. 1.1 trillion a year on consumable products which (by inference) would be very lucrative to a business seeking to do business in a predominately African American and Affluent area. But I digress, I am looking forward to hearing the announcement of who will be coming. I will be glad to have/see more options.

Springfield Town Center is close but they could still have a market. IMO NH and STC consumers won't crossover enough to impact business.

Last edited by UrbanScholar; 08-06-2014 at 08:30 AM..

Old 08-06-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
I'm particular to the Lettuce Entertain You restaurant group. They have restaurants such as:

Maggiano's (DC area)
Mon Ami Gabi (Bethesda)
Wildfire (Tysons)

All are in the DC area.

but it would be nice to get some restaurants from some of the best food cities in the world like Chicago, New York, LA. Or a few single proprietor chefs.

PS. It would be nice if there were a Brazilian chophouse on PGC soil like Brasa, Fogo de Choa, or Texes de Brazil.
You're list made me hungry lol.....a quality steakhouse would be good. Right now there is Outback on the low end and Bond 45 (closest equivalent that I can think of near NH) on the upper end. And I agree would love to see a Brazilian chophouse in the county. I think the sole proprietor chefs will have a kick start with MGM given they are negotiating with a few right now (like Marcus Samuelson). BTW...The Chocolate Bar will not be coming to NH at this time....no idea why not.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:11 PM

712 posts, read 1,104,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post

Maggiano's (DC area)
Mon Ami Gabi (Bethesda)
Wildfire (Tysons)

All are in the DC area.

I'll throw in New Orleans too. Maybe a Copelands but seeing as how the one in Columbia just closed due to it being too far from the company's hq to manage, I don't see it happen . I would love to see a Ralph & Kacoo's there. I would also like to see a Raising Canes in the area too. I think it would do well at NH or College Park near campus.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatInMD View Post
I'll throw in New Orleans too. Maybe a Copelands but seeing as how the one in Columbia just closed due to it being too far from the company's hq to manage, I don't see it happen . I would love to see a Ralph & Kacoo's there. I would also like to see a Raising Canes in the area too. I think it would do well at NH or College Park near campus.

Copelands was my favorite restaurant years ago. I used to go to the one in Rockville. When that closed, I took dates to the one in Columbia. Sad to see it closed. I do like New Orleans cuisine.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
So I am guessing that it will be branded as an express version of the Gaylord and, based of a similar project, be called The Inn at National Harbor. I would rather have the Aloft but I guess its better than nothing.

Ryman Hospitality Properties buys hotel, land in D.C. area - Nashville Business Journal

They also mention the purchase of a half acre of land for purposes of developing a hotel or some other use. If it is a Hotel, I would curious to see its size since that is such a small lot size.

Here is some additional information on the profitability of Gaylord National, They will probably see significant gains when MGM opens

Ryman Hospitality Properties, Inc. Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results - MarketWatch

Found some additional info on the replacement hotel that will replace the Aloft. It sounds like they are looking into it being a Marriot brand. If that is the case it will be interesting to see what they decide to place there. My vote would be for an edition or autograph brand for the size and style of what is there.

Quote:
In terms of the new hotel property, it's still too early to definitively say how the hotel will ultimately be flagged. But obviously, from a synergies perspective and given its close proximity to Gaylord National, something with a Marriott flag would make the most sense for us here, as the new hotel could serve as a natural overflow destination from the Gaylord National and will be overseen by National's management.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/2383...nscript?page=3

Old 08-06-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Found some additional info on the replacement hotel that will replace the Aloft. It sounds like they are looking into it being a Marriot brand. If that is the case it will be interesting to see what they decide to place there. My vote would be for an edition or autograph brand for the size and style of what is there.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2383...nscript?page=3

Cool. I have Marriott Rewards. It's also nice that Gaylord Hotels are now under the Marriott roof. Woo hoo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland