Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,276 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to the area and one of us will be working at Fort Meade and the other at Fort Belvoir. Is there a good place to raise a family that is a midway point for a commute? Or a 2/3 and 1/3 commute? We're looking at renting for now, between $2500-3000 per month. Initial areas we are looking is Greenbelt, Bowie and Crofton, MD. Reading some other threads about those areas though doesn't sound too appealing. We are also considering going further east to the area of Edgewater, Davidsonville, or Harwood, MD.

Alternatively, does mass transit take you to either location (Belvoir or Meade) completely? We would consider Greenbelt or Alexandria, VA if one of us could take the longer commute via mass transit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 08:21 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,059,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbs15 View Post
Alternatively, does mass transit take you to either location (Belvoir or Meade) completely?
I believe that Ft Meade has a shuttle bus from one or two of the MARC stations. Try google to find it and the schedule.

Crofton is a nice area. I would also be willing to live in Davidsonville or Edgewater, but would check the schools if you have kids. I would also consider Upper Marlboro or Bowie if I did not have kids in school.

Fort Washington is worth considering if you are willing to have one one partner to have a long commute to Fort Meade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland