Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:15 AM

91 posts, read 484,080 times

Advertisements

By Arthur Santana
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, April 3, 2005; Page SM03

Racist graffiti were discovered Thursday at an elementary school in Waldorf, the Charles County Sheriff's Office said Friday. The incident follows by about a month similar ones in Lexington Park that prompted outrage in St. Mary's County.

In both cases, "KKK" was spray-painted. On Thursday, a Charles County sheriff's deputy called to Eva Turner Elementary School in the Bannister neighborhood found racial slurs and "KKK" spray-painted on the building.

In late February, the letters "KKK," the word "kills" and a threat using a racial epithet saying that African Americans "will die" were spray-painted in the snow on the grounds of the Minority Business Alliance on Three Notch Road in Lexington Park.

Go here for full article:
Racist Graffiti at Waldorf School Area's 2nd Recent Case (washingtonpost.com)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 10:17 AM

91 posts, read 484,080 times
What type of jerks do this at an elementary school????

Sorry, its old news but I just read about it today. Can't we all just get along?
At least you'd think the babies could....

Old 08-15-2007, 12:35 AM

1,463 posts, read 6,219,968 times
I was shocked as hell to find out that big ole DC/VA/Md, once you get out in the boonies its straight Klan country..Like the people live in a time warp or something...Things will get better once all the old people die...The late 40's on up, their holding up progress.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:41 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,607,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
I was shocked as hell to find out that big ole DC/VA/Md, once you get out in the boonies its straight Klan country..Like the people live in a time warp or something...Things will get better once all the old people die...The late 40's on up, their holding up progress.
Unfortunately it's taking way too long for me. Maryland is not a culturally liberal state. It may be a Democratic state because of PG County and Baltimore City. But it's not liberal in the way the West Coast and New England are. The politics of Baltimore are much different than San Francisco even though they are both considered "blue" cities.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
Unfortunately it's taking way too long for me. Maryland is not a culturally liberal state. It may be a Democratic state because of PG County and Baltimore City. But it's not liberal in the way the West Coast and New England are. The politics of Baltimore are much different than San Francisco even though they are both considered "blue" cities.
Thank you for finally revealing the true reason why Maryland is a "blue state." IMO, the only reason why MD is so "democratic" is because of the do-nothing poor people of Baltimore and Prince Georges who are constantly looking for a handout by the state gov't (which they usually receive) and the anti-Christian people who take voting democrat as "sticking it to those religious punks in the South." Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the hypocrisy with religious-based leaders of the South and Midwest, but the democratic votes are just a reaction to how Christians tend to vote republican. There are a few that vote democrat for the hope of social progress such as myself, but those are the exception in this state.

But as for the original topic, this doesn't surprise me one bit. You mix militant and stereotypical blacks with uneducated and Klan-loving whites and you get the friction known as Charles County.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:06 PM

149 posts, read 668,062 times
That's interesting, my brother's kids go to Eva Turner ES.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:44 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
I'm not shocked. I am saddened about this, but this is just of taste of what happens everyday all over the USA. It shouldn't happen, but it happens.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:44 AM

1,463 posts, read 6,219,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Thank you for finally revealing the true reason why Maryland is a "blue state." IMO, the only reason why MD is so "democratic" is because of the do-nothing poor people of Baltimore and Prince Georges who are constantly looking for a handout by the state gov't (which they usually receive) and the anti-Christian people who take voting democrat as "sticking it to those religious punks in the South." Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the hypocrisy with religious-based leaders of the South and Midwest, but the democratic votes are just a reaction to how Christians tend to vote republican. There are a few that vote democrat for the hope of social progress such as myself, but those are the exception in this state.

But as for the original topic, this doesn't surprise me one bit. You mix militant and stereotypical blacks with uneducated and Klan-loving whites and you get the friction known as Charles County.

Wow, please enlighten me on a region that doesn't take handouts??? I would love to hear this??? So i guess your against earmarks as well right??? Or is that different?????

Old 08-17-2007, 06:39 AM

109 posts, read 617,919 times
Default You mean handouts like these

This article orginally appeared in the WSJ, but since it's subscriber only...

If Bernanke Cuts Interest Rates, He May Risk Moral Hazard - misc.invest.stocks | Google Groups

I guess the investors might get their bailout/handout wish:

Fed cuts rate for loans to banks - Stocks & Economy - MSNBC.com

Old 08-17-2007, 07:45 AM

144 posts, read 630,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat View Post
This article orginally appeared in the WSJ, but since it's subscriber only...

If Bernanke Cuts Interest Rates, He May Risk Moral Hazard - misc.invest.stocks | Google Groups

I guess the investors might get their bailout/handout wish:

Fed cuts rate for loans to banks - Stocks & Economy - MSNBC.com
Your point is well spoken as well as your reference.

The social ills of this society is exclusively caused by a select group of people who are lazy, apathetic and harbor values that don't correspond to one's own.

The criminals in office setting policy to protect each other, the exploitation of the poor for cheap labor to support this Capitalistic society where the rich get richer and poor poorer to name a few never gets looked at.

The corruption in public office and carnal mindedness of these individuals is pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland