Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volvo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 06:56 AM

17,295 posts, read 22,013,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I'm updating this thread.

I've been driving for almost fifty years and have never had another car towed even once let alone twice .

Maybe I'll look at the Kia K-5 or the Audi. Unfortunately, I'm going to take quite a hit financially when I sell this car to buy a car I can trust.
2021 was the height of Covid Crazy Car Values so you shouldn't have taken any "hit"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2023, 07:14 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
The V60 Polestar wagon was my first pick. It was almost 20k more than I paid for the Polestar 2 though, just couldn't do the price as I don't really need the extra space of the V60. Very nice cars though.
I love wagons too. So very few sold in the US, they are very hard to find used.

Quote:
I can't say I'm impressed with Android Auto. Really, really basic infotainment that doesn't feel fully developed. It's also laggy and crash prone.
I think you mean "Android Automotive OS"...which is apparently how Google decided to differentiate it from Android Auto. Google marketing at it's finest. I was not in favor of that at all when I heard they were doing that...and I'm a Google fan. I actually really like the Volvo Sensus system very much. I really like how when you enable Android Auto it sits INSIDE the Sensus system and doesn't completely take over.

Should have started my own thread. In fact, I will...

Old 10-24-2023, 07:46 AM

OK, so I wanted to wait for awhile before I gave my opinions on the 2019 S60 that I bought compared to this post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I have a 2019 S-60 sedan which is probably the worst car I've ever owned.
Now it has only been 3 weeks, but....far and away the best car I've ever owned.
Quote:
The highway road and wind noise is so bad, I can't play music.
I cannot even comprehend this comment. Mine is smooth and quiet at highway speeds. It sounds to me that you probably had a base model Momentum trim? Because the high end Bowers & Wilkins sound system in my S60 is without question the best sounding audio system I have had in a car since I started driving in 1985. My god, it is SO good.

Quote:
The technology utilized for the communications and networking features are so bizarre, I've given up trying to work it.
Wish you would have been more specific here. "Networking features"? What even is that? The cellular connection? Which has been rock solid for me. Can't be that. Communications? You mean the BT connection? Pretty flawless for me. And I love the way the center stack supports Android Auto.

Quote:
When you move the front window vizor to the side, it hits the handle over the door and doesn't lie flat. It hits me in the head if I sit up straight.
These are for me no different then in my Mazda?!? They don't...hit me. This could be a height issue I guess?

Quote:
The door sensors to lock and unlock the door are so sensitive that after I've used Purell or an equivalent, the handles don't "recognize" my hand and I have to fish the key fob out of my handbag to unlock the doors.
Can't say I Purell all that often but I have a hard time believing this.

Quote:
The foot release for the trunk has never worked.
I don't have this.
Quote:
Conversely, when I've manually brought the trunk lid down to close, the latch engages and I think that I've closed the lid. Unfortunately when I get into the car and start up, the car tells me that the lid isn't really closed, it just looks it. I have to get out of the car and open the trunk lid and re-close it.
Again, only 3 weeks in, but this has never happened to me.
Quote:

The maps with the GPS system are crazy. Florida is combined with the Caribbean, so updates take forever.
This is probably absolutely true, but it's MUCH faster if you connect the car to your home wifi and update it that way. I'm guessing you didn't know about that option? And it's also a good thing that...you shouldn't need to update maps often. This is a weak complaint.

Quote:
I have eco drive as part of my profile, but every time I start the car, I have to re-engage eco drive.
You can absolutely configure your driver profile to always run Eco. This is clearly you just not knowing how to set up this feature.

Quote:
It drives OK but it's not any better than cars at half its price.
I have never in my life driven anything that compares to this car. I don't believe for a second that any car half the price of this turbo charged, super charged 318 HP (330 w/the Polestar) beast drives anywhere as nice...
I've had many cars. Going from my SUV that I drove for 7 years to this thing has absolutely, no question, reinvigorated my passion for driving.

I doubt mine is that much better then yours was because it has the Polestar tune and yours surely didn't. But it's possible.

Quote:

Old 10-25-2023, 03:38 PM

OK I will give Lillie that the sun visor could fold left flatter. It's not in the way, doesn't hit me in the head, but it does stick out a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volvo