Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 07:34 PM

236 posts, read 480,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Any mod willing to tell me what this has to do with the price of tea in China?
any mod willing to tell me this is not happening in America and you are not being turned into revenue generation units? still whilst there is some serious crime going on in my area? like all the illegals here who can not be traced and are not on file. (even if police get a fingerprint from a crime scene)

stop following me around Bigfoot...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 01:33 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,293,563 times
Seems certain lunatics can post whatever they want and the threads will stay open. Other threads are closed at the drop of a hat. This forum is quickly losing its appeal.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Seems certain lunatics can post whatever they want and the threads will stay open. Other threads are closed at the drop of a hat. This forum is quickly losing its appeal.
no it is your quaint insults to others if anything that is losing it's appeal.

if you can not have a conversation and only like to berate others you may want to try another forum.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:30 AM

Cosmic. Just curious what your career might be? Must be a stellar one where no one ever sullies the name of whatever it is you do? I was a police officer for over 30 years and I served honorably. I worked with many dedicated men and women during this time and during this time two friends of mine were shot and killed by lunatics, one (my best friend) was shot and killed right in front of me. He left behind a wife and 7 year old son. This same officer was shot and injured the year before while doing his job.
During this time I saw a number of officers fired and even saw some go to jail. A fact that embarrassed me as it sullied the badge but they deserved it and I was fine with it. I saw many retire on disabilities well before they wanted. Injuries you don't see in most occupations. I've been shot at, hit, kicked, spat on and even had a guy pull out a chain saw on me and threaten me with it. The one that bothered me most was a 15-year old kid pull a 12 ga shotgun on me and advance on me slowly wanting to know if I was going to shoot him. He was only one step away from getting shot. A very sick feeling indeed,
These videos you like to present represent such a very small number of police contacts with the public and without looking at them I don't even know if your assessment on them is even accurate. Many officers may be viewed as dicks or jerks but being a dick or a jerk doesn't make them a bad officer. Writing tickets is a function of the police and one many officers do not particularly enjoy. Take away officers from writing tickets and one can only imagine the chaos we would see on our streets.
I really don't care if you like me or my brother/sisters cops but the 800 thousand cops in this country will go on doing their jobs the best they can everyday knowing that everything they do is subject to scrutiny from armchair experts and internet wannabes. Fortunately the courts realize that officers have sometimes just seconds to make a decision whereas everyone else can take days, weeks or months to determine how best this officer should have responded. Go on being a hater but there are probably better forums than this one to spew your venom.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:13 PM

the world was a different place for sure 30 years ago wouldn't you say? I would say myself that it is 30 times worse (if not alot more) presently. Yet we still have fairfax county standing on the side of the road playing Roman Solider.

I realize also... being you have an emotional attachment with your career... that you might have a problem with citizens complaining about their law enforcement? well it is our right to complain, we are Americans and that is what we do. There are plenty of threads where others have said the same thing and are upset with the performance of our public servants. You have the right to complain too but please man show some respect... I can imagine the kind of officer you must have made.

I am an auto technician around 24 yrs making a living at it, few yrs getting my feet wet before. The fact is you will be hard pressed to find a blue collar in this day and age that trust police officers... hardly any one trust police anymore... Firemen on the other hand get so much more respect, even the volunteers.

Police Officer Caught By Dashcam Video Planting Drugs on Suspect - YouTube (http://youtu.be/V-lmYJDYwKw - broken link)

Last edited by Cosmic Artifact; 03-21-2012 at 06:07 PM..

Old 03-21-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Artifact View Post
the world was a different place for sure 30 years ago wouldn't you say? I would say myself that it is 30 times worse (if not alot more) presently. Yet we still have fairfax county standing on the side of the road playing Roman Solider.

I realize also... being you have an emotional attachment with your career... that you might have a problem with citizens complaining about their law enforcement? well it is our right to complain, we are Americans and that is what we do. There are plenty of threads where others have said the same thing and are upset with the performance of our public servants. You have the right to complain too but please man show some respect... I can imagine the kind of officer you must have made.

I am an auto technician around 24 yrs solid making a living at it, few yrs getting my feet wet before. The fact is you will be hard pressed to find a blue collar in this day and age that trust police officers... hardly any one trust police anymore... Firemen on the other hand get so much more respect, even the volunteers.

Police Officer Caught By Dashcam Video Planting Drugs on Suspect - YouTube (http://youtu.be/V-lmYJDYwKw - broken link)
Unbelievable. Do you really take yourself seriously? And mentioning firemen in this topic just shows how far you are out there. Talk about comparing apples to oranges. Here's just one years survey taken in PWC. Go to page 12 then get back with me on your ludicrous statements. Your "respect" comment is just plain funny.

http://www.baconsrebellion.com/Issue...pwc_survey.pdf

Old 03-21-2012, 06:22 PM

I know you may be kind of shocked yourself at seeing some of these videos for the first time but none the less they do exist... all Cops are not bad cops but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. If there is civil uprising or societal collapse as all the true paranoids keep saying, I do not believe they are going to direct their anger towards the Federal Government but more so to their local governments because that is where the oppression is out in the field.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Unbelievable. Do you really take yourself seriously? And mentioning firemen in this topic just shows how far you are out there. Talk about comparing apples to oranges. Here's just one years survey taken in PWC. Go to page 12 then get back with me on your ludicrous statements. Your "respect" comment is just plain funny.

http://www.baconsrebellion.com/Issue...pwc_survey.pdf
yes firemen are much more respected citizens and they are also public servants. They work for me! and all of us... just as the police do, police are not supposed to be working against the citizens.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:43 PM

when I was visiting some family on the Northern Neck one summer there was alot of fires happening around and they were mostly old homes like abandon and not lived in for many years. One fireman who was a volunteer would always be first on the scene seemingly having the best response time. It was later determined after he was caught setting fire that in fact he would start the fires so he could be the first responder.

It doesn't happen too often with firemen where they become pyros but more so frequently it is that a cop turns bad maybe even to save his job from poor performance/quota

Old 03-21-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Artifact View Post
when I was visiting some family on the Norther Neck one summer there was alot of fires happening around and they were mostly old homes like abandon and not lived in for many years. One fireman who was a volunteer would always be first on the scene seemingly having the best response time. It was later determined after he was caught setting fire that in fact he would start the fires so he could be the first responder.

It doesn't happen too often with firemen where they become pyros but more so frequently it is that a cop turns bad maybe even to save his job from poor performance/quota
I'm convinced now that more tin foil is the only thing you need at this point. Enjoy your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia