Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 07:42 PM

14 posts, read 95,701 times

Advertisements

My husband, my 6 year old daughter, and I just relocated to Prince William County. We moved here from North Carolina. My husband received a job offer with ComCast Cable and that is what brought us here.
I haven't grown many feelings for this place, considering people aren't as hospitable here, as they are in North Carolina.
We are currently staying with a co-worker in Woodbridge, and I would not exactly call it suitable for a 6 year old...ya know?
The school year starts in about 2 weeks and I am trying to have us settled, in our own place before then.
My husband and I do not have the best of credit, but we are reliable and trustworthy people. We are having a horrible time trying to find a place that doesn't run credit checks. We have NO PROBLEM with the background checks, considering we are good people, but we have made some mistakes, as far as credit goes, when we were younger...LOL!
If there is ANYONE out there that knows of nice and safe neighborhoods, with an excellent school..please let me know.
And if ANYONE has a place that they are willing to rent to us, regardless of our POOR CREDIT, please let me know. Or if you know of anyone that has a place...please pass the word around.
We are looking for a HOUSE or TOWNHOUSE w/ atleast 3 bedrooms...preferably in Nokesville area, but willing to look anywhere in Prince William County. Somewhere in the price range of $800-$1200/mo.
Thank you so much for any help possible.
God Bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 04:17 AM

267 posts, read 1,675,092 times
For 800-1200, you're talking apartment not house or townhouse and definitely not with 3 bedrooms. Have you looked at all? Woodbridge schools aren't the best. The reason they all run credit checks is because people with bad credit do not always pay their bills and no one who owns property wants to deal with that. I would suggest looking for an apt because they tend to be a little easier on those with no or less than perfect credit and with a larger deposit might be willing to take on the risk and the reality is that is all you can afford at that payment level. All I can say is good luck because with poor credit and so little to spend per month, you are in a bind.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:59 PM

81 posts, read 357,131 times
Maybe you would consider coming out alittle farther, into Fauquier County. I believe you could get a decent apt for the amount you can pay. there are some nice newer apts in bealeton, right off of rt 28, which is about 8-10 miles from nokesville. i believe they are called aspen glen. there is a newer elementary school right in the area named grace miller. it's just a thought, hope you find something you like!

Old 08-07-2007, 03:50 PM

I believe they're actually called Aspen Club, and I still don't think a 3 bedroom apt, especially new will be easy to find for 800-1200. Possibly 1200, but more than likely not much less. Your best bet is to do an online search and start making phone calls to see what they require and whether or not you can get through their credit checks.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:53 AM

38 posts, read 151,622 times
Default how about in south riding?

I don't know the area that well, but are there reasonable places in South Riding--apartments?

Old 08-11-2007, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue tanner View Post
I don't know the area that well, but are there reasonable places in South Riding--apartments?
No 3 bedroom anything for 800, possibly 1200, but that more than likely wouldn't include utilities. You can get a 1 bedroom for 800-1000.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:03 PM

31 posts, read 69,064 times
Your best bet is to rent an apartment-- I'm in town working for Comcast on the rebuild and renting at Dale Forest Apartments next to the cable office. $800 for an efficiency. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
View detailed profiles of: