Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 11:19 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,584,842 times

Advertisements

299.99 Price tag. That seems very interesting.

Some the games look pretty cool. Glad they are merging everything into the Nintendo Account system.

http://www.gamespot.com/gallery/all-...med/2900-1063/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 11:34 AM

978 posts, read 1,096,688 times
now that i think about it, its a japanese company. the shield tablet also had a console that came out, but that was from a us company. i had a shield tablet and i dropped it and broke it, i dont think ill take the switch anywhere.

maybe the hard case will protect it good.

i hope you can put music on it and videos

Old 01-13-2017, 12:04 PM

29,592 posts, read 23,085,861 times
That Zelda will be released with it is a huge plus. People were worried it would be delayed.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorupaa View Post
now that i think about it, its a japanese company. the shield tablet also had a console that came out, but that was from a us company. i had a shield tablet and i dropped it and broke it, i dont think ill take the switch anywhere.

maybe the hard case will protect it good.

i hope you can put music on it and videos
Music files and photos are so basic, they would be stupid not to do that. I also find it interesting that Nintendo is now charging for online like PlayStation and Xbox

Old 01-13-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorupaa View Post
im not sure why there just releasing a tablet, they should also release a console
Sorupaa, the Tablet is the new Console. Now if you are referring to a traditional console like the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One I think those days for Nintendo are over. Nintendo's user base has a high percentage of mobile\hand held gamers. I think the only reason this thing came with a docking station to TV connection was for the NA and EU markets. Gamers in Asia will be using the mobile aspect the most. There really is no room for another home console. People either want PC, PlayStation or Xbox.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:20 PM

978 posts, read 1,096,688 times
ya, only in japan would they do it that way though

pluse theres two other consoles already like you said

if this was the only console they probably would have the home console, then have the tablet that costs a little more.

i wish there was one console, i havent owned a playstation since the ps2

Last edited by sorupaa; 01-13-2017 at 03:32 PM..

Old 01-13-2017, 04:06 PM

Yup, Nintendo never fails to disappoint when it comes to Super Mario and always giving it a fresh new take on the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kcdRBHM7kM

Old 01-13-2017, 11:11 PM

I do see the points in this article.

Again the price is mentioned. 299 dollars for the base system and no game included.

But the most worrisome thing is that only 4 games will be released at the same time, including the Zelda game. The Mario game won't be coming out until later in the year, and other games also such as Elder Scrolls. Does Nintendo expect gamers to be playing Zelda for 5, 6 months until other franchise games come out?

Nintendo really has to be careful with this one.

I loved playing with the Switch, but Nintendo needs to get its act together

Old 01-14-2017, 08:38 AM

It seems storage will be in the MicroSDXC card format. The highest capacity I am able to find is 256 GB and there are not many options for it. The popular cards are in the 64-128 GB range. Is that enough space? It also seems Nintendo wants one user per tablet. I know the tablet allows local multiplayer, but in the marketing you see many scenario where everyone has their own tablet. Curious if the tablet will allow for multiple accounts per tablet.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I do see the points in this article.

Again the price is mentioned. 299 dollars for the base system and no game included.

But the most worrisome thing is that only 4 games will be released at the same time, including the Zelda game. The Mario game won't be coming out until later in the year, and other games also such as Elder Scrolls. Does Nintendo expect gamers to be playing Zelda for 5, 6 months until other franchise games come out?

Nintendo really has to be careful with this one.

I loved playing with the Switch, but Nintendo needs to get its act together
I see a couple problems. Their relationship with NA 3rd parties seems forced. The Japanese 3rd parties is who they will to turn to to file out software. I also think only releasing a home based system is a bad idea. They should also create a mobile only package that contains the tablet, AC charger and Joy Cons for a lower price point. Not everyone will need the dock, HDMI cable and grip. Forcing people to get the home only set up for 299.99 may folks to wait on a price drop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games