Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 09:29 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times

Advertisements

We will have to see what happens come E3, but it looks like PlayStation is gearing up for the NX to be more powerful since PlayStation is releasing another type of PS4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 12:54 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
We will have to see what happens come E3, but it looks like PlayStation is gearing up for the NX to be more powerful since PlayStation is releasing another type of PS4.
I think the PS4.5 is being made to accommodate the VR tech/games and futureproof the platform(4K, more processing power and storage) rather than to preemptively compete with the NX. From what I understand the basic PS4 is limited in what it can do with the VR games. And that's probably why Microsoft is focusing on AR for the XBox One instead, because it's easier for the console to handle.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:36 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,091,305 times
The NX launch has been pushed to 2017.

Nintendo NX Launching In 2017 To Ensure Large Games Lineup

Quote:
Nintendo announced that the NX will release in March 2017, while also revealing that the next Legend of Zelda game has been delayed so it can launch on both the NX and Wii U simultaneously, something many had already expected after the same thing happened with the original Twilight Princess during the previous console generation transition.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
I think the PS4.5 is being made to accommodate the VR tech/games and futureproof the platform(4K, more processing power and storage) rather than to preemptively compete with the NX. From what I understand the basic PS4 is limited in what it can do with the VR games. And that's probably why Microsoft is focusing on AR for the XBox One instead, because it's easier for the console to handle.
Well PlayStation is hinting that PlayStation5 may never be released, if that is true that's great news. I know younger gamers don't like it, but I hope Nintendo does the same with the NX. Don't replace it too soon. I'm interested a little bit in PlayStation VR, but how long will it last? Rumors have it the NX will allow players to play their home games from anywhere are long as there is wifi or the NX can tether off your phones 4G.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:08 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Well PlayStation is hinting that PlayStation5 may never be released, if that is true that's great news. I know younger gamers don't like it, but I hope Nintendo does the same with the NX. Don't replace it too soon. I'm interested a little bit in PlayStation VR, but how long will it last? Rumors have it the NX will allow players to play their home games from anywhere are long as there is wifi or the NX can tether off your phones 4G.
The ps4 just came out, the 3 was around for years, same for the 360, long enough for 3 generations of it before tye X1 came out, Let's let a few more years pass before we demand the ps5, and xbox alpha/omega, zero, or ehatever it's going to be called. Sony needs to be working on that Vita, it was actually a decent recovery after the Sega flop of the PSPGo, except it had like 10 games for two years, and like one was an rpg.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:22 PM

Nintendo would dumb not to mention anything at all this week about the NX. Miitomo has many users too, so that's a good thing. Very curious how the NX will compete against the PlayStation 4 and NEO and PlayStation VR. Curious how the handheld-home console Idea will work.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:08 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
I have mixed feelings about the new Zelda coming out next year.

I'm not too crazy about the cel shading graphics. But since I have played and loved previous incarnations of Zelda, I am intrigued. The open world concept sounds cool. If the reviews are good enough it would be worth buying the NX just for Zelda alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52UaLUUnpe4

Old 06-18-2016, 12:36 PM

Depending on how you look at it, and obviously we don't know for sure yet, but some ominous statements by Reggie:

Nintendo Is Right About VR, Wrong About NX Horsepower

Quote:
But then there are the comments that Reggie made about the NX. Here’s what he said when asked about the power level of the system, and how it would stack up to new offerings from Microsoft and Sony.

“For us, it’s not about specs, it’s not about teraflops, it’s not about the horsepower of a particular system. For us, it’s about the content…We’re focused on bringing our best entertainment to both the Wii U as well as the NX in the future. So for us, whatever Microsoft and Sony are doing in terms of talking about new systems, that’s for them to fight out in that red ocean.”
I can't believe they're still touting the "it's not graphics it's gameplay" mantra.

Not being as powerful as the current generation of systems is precisely one of the big reasons why the Wii U was a relative flop.

Old 06-18-2016, 07:28 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Depending on how you look at it, and obviously we don't know for sure yet, but some ominous statements by Reggie:

Nintendo Is Right About VR, Wrong About NX Horsepower

I can't believe they're still touting the "it's not graphics it's gameplay" mantra.

Not being as powerful as the current generation of systems is precisely one of the big reasons why the Wii U was a relative flop.
This is Reggie doing his job. Deep down, he knows Nintendo can't compete with Sony and Microsoft. Reggie doesn't have much to work with so he has to do his best and spin this.

The Wii U wasn't up to par with the Xbox One and Playstation 4 was doing. Nintendo gave third party developers no incentive to develop on the Wii U. I give Nintendo some credit. They know how to design a game with the hardware in mind so that comment is about right. Third party developers don't care about that. They rely on engines that requires high consumption of power. Nonetheless, Nintendo needs them because they can't release games in a timely manner.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
This is Reggie doing his job. Deep down, he knows Nintendo can't compete with Sony and Microsoft. Reggie doesn't have much to work with so he has to do his best and spin this.

The Wii U wasn't up to par with the Xbox One and Playstation 4 was doing. Nintendo gave third party developers no incentive to develop on the Wii U. I give Nintendo some credit. They know how to design a game with the hardware in mind so that comment is about right. Third party developers don't care about that. They rely on engines that requires high consumption of power. Nonetheless, Nintendo needs them because they can't release games in a timely manner.
My hope is that what Reggie stated was just keeping things in perspective on the overall philosophy of gaming, and not necessarily on what Nintendo is going to do with the NX.

If Nintendo underpowers the NX, they're repeating the same mistake as with the Wii U.

From a public perspective, who wants to invest in a system that, when introduced, may only be as powerful as the PS4/Xbox 1. Considering that the next generation iterations of those systems are also coming out.

And as you mention about third party developers, being underpowered also means they won't want to develop for the NX.

Now, Nintendo has shown that they are willing to adapt to the times. They previously refused to enter the mobile market, but now are doing that. The new Zelda game is another example. They saw what was popular these days in gaming, so they went back and added new elements to the game including more open world, crafting, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games