Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 06:31 AM

3,954 posts, read 5,103,506 times

Advertisements

Anybody gonna pick up Mortal Kombat X? I'm tempted to get it for my PS4 but first I want to find out if it's welcoming to casual players.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 10:39 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,919,720 times
i really really want it. i havent played mk since well mk4. i tried a bit of the ps3 version a year ago and i liked it.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:57 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,971,832 times
I don't remember any of the MKs being casual player friendly. Granted the last Mortal Kombat I actually played was Trilogy on N64, my attention went towards other fighting games after that. I remember being absolutely horrible at them, and constantly having my butt handed to me by friends who were tons better than I. I remember being pretty okay at the classic Killer Instinct on SNES and half decent at Street Fighter, but I just couldn't play Mortal Kombat to save my life.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:41 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,507,496 times
I don't know if i should get the new MLB The Show 2015, or this one.

The last MK game i played was MK 4, and that was 18 years ago lol.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:08 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,198,528 times
I'm skipping it. I'm not a fan of the fighting system it's based off of: Injustice. I'm also not a fan of the color palet they used for this one, and from the live play I have seen, the game takes itself way too seriously. I'm sure most people who play it will love it. This one makes me say, "meh."

Old 04-20-2015, 03:17 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,443,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Anybody gonna pick up Mortal Kombat X? I'm tempted to get it for my PS4 but first I want to find out if it's welcoming to casual players.
if I didn't have freaking kids, i would pick it up. But if you have to wait until kids are asleep, youll never get anywhere on these games

No I'll pick up the SFIV Ultra on PS4. . that will do me

I loved injustice, myself, but there aren't anyone to play against on PS4. Lets hope more people play SF IV ultra. .otherwise I'm going to play with myself. .which isn't nearly as much fun as reaching out and playing with others

Old 04-21-2015, 04:50 AM

230 posts, read 229,752 times
If it's still the same mechanics then it should be decent

Last MK I played was Armageddon and it was great (2years ago)

Old 04-21-2015, 07:17 PM

3,954 posts, read 5,103,506 times
I decide not to purchase MKX. Just gonna wait until Street Fighter V to satiate my fighting game fix. Until then Super Smash Bros. Wii U will have to tide me over.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:08 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,193,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I'm skipping it. I'm not a fan of the fighting system it's based off of: Injustice. I'm also not a fan of the color palet they used for this one, and from the live play I have seen, the game takes itself way too seriously. I'm sure most people who play it will love it. This one makes me say, "meh."
You're off on every count. Injustice was just a toned down Mortal Kombat game that was based on Mortal Kombat vs DC and MKX is based off MK9. And the game doesn't take itself seriously at all. One of the x-ray moves features a kick to the groin that literally explodes your enemies' testicles or ovaries(depending on gender, obviously) inside their bodies, and that's par for the course.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:25 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,198,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
You're off on every count. Injustice was just a toned down Mortal Kombat game that was based on Mortal Kombat vs DC and MKX is based off MK9. And the game doesn't take itself seriously at all. One of the x-ray moves features a kick to the groin that literally explodes your enemies' testicles or ovaries(depending on gender, obviously) inside their bodies, and that's par for the course.
A friend of mine let me borrow this game. I have tried to like it, but I cannot. MK9 is a much, much better game in all counts.

The graphics look sun bleached, the character models look like absolute crap, they obviously paid more attention to the backgrounds on the levels instead of investing time and money into the character models, the story has continuity issues, it makes hardly any sense, its dialogue is terrible, the combos are limited, a person has to focus more on juggling if they want to do more than a 5 hit combo, controls feel sluggish, content that is said to be available when it's not, the Faction server is hardly ever online or running properly, the net code is all screwed up, and one button fatalities. Seriously, one button fatalities for the pansies who cannot get the button combinations correct? Oh yeah, also paying $20 to unlock everything in the Krypt if a person doesn't want to run around the entire thing, $5 to buy more one button fatalities, and the game, difficulty-wise, is way too easy. The final fight against Corrupted Shinnok isn't all that difficult. It doesn't take a great deal of thought by trial and error to defeat him. On very hard difficulty, it was on par with medium on MK9 or the previous installments. This game is for the casuals.

It's an over hyped POS game. Ed Boon should be ashamed of himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games