Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 03:57 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,283,902 times

Advertisements

I dunno...I remember in the early 90s being at football games in high school wearing shorts & t-shirts-I especially remember fall 91 the StJ/Lyndon football game it was very warm. I think the difference now is that its not getting as cold at night as it used too. We havent had a frost yet in my neck of the woods which is kinda weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 04:07 PM

26,448 posts, read 46,714,863 times
Climate change is definitely occuring. The weather patterns are also becoming very strange as well. There has been a huge blocking ridge of high pressure in the eastern US that has hardly moved at all in weeks. This is quite unusual and is partly why most areas east of the Rocky Mountains have had such warm tempratures compared to average.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:43 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,096,125 times
I'm still loving it. Poor leaf peepers...not a whole lot to see here, unfortunately. My leaves are still green. The tree near my livingroom window is still in full bloom and the bees are still busy...

I was wondering today if it wasn't really, really warm for New England.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:59 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,863,219 times
Check the daily records for warmth and you will find that our warm weather most times does not even come close to setting records set long ago. I always look at the coldest record for the day and count my blessings that we are not on the verge of matching those records. Enjoy the weather, it won't be long when it will be really co$$ld.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:03 PM

2,062 posts, read 3,968,889 times
I'm hating this weather. It's October 3rd and it's 80 degrees and muggy. It's gross down here. I love fall, and I'm already getting shortchanged by 2 weeks. I love winter even more - I really hope we have a good one this year.

Well, I guess MY version of good might not be other people's of good - the more snow and cold, the happier I am!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:22 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,668,598 times
The weather is more mild than normal. We are usually ten degrees cooler. It's starting to remind me of last year. On New Years Eve last year I wore a fleece jacket. I didn't put a winter coat on until after the new year, but then the bottom fell out and it was very cold with below zero weather longer than normal.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:31 PM

914 posts, read 2,924,500 times
It is the not the colder temps that cause the leaves to change color, it's the amount of daylight they get, and the amount of chlorophil(sp?) they make as a result.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:03 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,044,831 times
The weather is very peculiar indeed- throughout New England.

Down here in Connecticut 84 yesterday, 87 today, 88 Friday and 89 on Saturday. Records.

Climate change. The NOAA in any case predicts a warmer and dry autumn and early winter.

No frosts here as of yet either- none seen in the foreseeable future- things are getting curiouser and curiouser.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:27 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,863,219 times
Yesterday was indeed very warm, but nice to work outside in. For Burlington we missed the heat record by several degrees which was set 116 years ago in 1891. The coldest day was in 1911 which by the way was the year that Vermont set its all time record for a high temperature.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:40 PM

914 posts, read 2,924,500 times
People are crazy - they want climate change to happen in their lifetime so they can be part of something that is, literally, earth-changing. Next year, you might have a cold autumn, and a warmer-than-usual spring. Then what will you say? That because the spring is warm that it's a sign of climate change? But somehow the colder-than-normal fall will be conveniently forgotten! And it's funny, but Northeasterners seem to think that the gauge for climate change rests only with them. In other words, because they are experiencing it, it must be true. I live in Northern CA and we had a very typical summer, and are having a normal autumn, although we are colder than normal for last few days. Last winter was very cold, with little rain, which wasn't the norm. But the year before that, we had a rainy winter and a very cold, wet spring. My point is, it's foolish and futile to rush to judgement on these things, and try to ascribe it to some kind of atmospheric phenomenon just because it is the topical "in" thing at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont