Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 12:54 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,917 posts, read 58,701,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDavid View Post
So there is no WSP bounty?
Last time I checked there was a bounty. I had neighbors and co-workers dropping like flies. I am not in the habit of assisting revenue generating agencies with code / rule compliance for the non-life threatening actions of others.

The WSP will run specific task force crackdowns on various issues when they have the time. As a 40+ yr accident free CDL driver who has witnessed and attended many, many alcohol related carnage accidents, and had to deliver the 'the message' to distraught parents...I am HAPPY to stop at the DUI checkpoints in other states (not allowed in WA). WA has 40% uninsured drivers (according to my agent who is on the state auto ins board). These elements and the fact that WA got a ton of illegals from OR, when they quit issuing DL to illegals, makes me none too happy to be on the roads and insured in WA. The WSP has a big job to do, and the WA legislature and electorate is not very helpful. I would like to see them do some traffic safety related stuff, rather than tag HOV and OOS License registration violators. I have offered to draft weekly traffic safety blurbs for them, focusing on the statistically high fatal accident areas. There is a lot to be done for driver awareness, and many drivers are unaware of the risk they pose to others.

Your interests and personal vendettas are likely much different than mine.

OP: registering in WA is not so bad any more *used to be 'vehicle value based fees' + sales tax.
YOU do have to pay sales tax AGAIN on some recreations vehicles. WA was not keen on me bringing 7 motorcycles when I immigrated 33 yrs ago. I was not to keen on 're-paying' sales tax on them. Boats and trailers will get you too.

If you ware moving to WA and plan to buy a NEW car, live in a tax free state for 60 days when and AFTER you purchase your car; before you move to WA.

or have a MT LLC own your car. (there are companies who will set this up for you for ~$800 *bit rich for me, since I drive a $35 car, costs more to fill it than to buy it (but I pay ZERO for fuel (since 1976) ), NO EMISSION or safety check required for MT cars. They can live elsewhere and not have to go to MT periodically or ever!

All of this is very legal and done by thousands. (especially FT RV'rs who make SD their income tax free domicile, due to only ONE NIGHT stay required (for LIFE!). SD has many perks in addition to no income tax, you can even ride your legal ATV on the roadways. That is pretty handy if you are out checking fencelines or busting ice for livestock watering. .

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 11-06-2015 at 01:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 07:08 AM

318 posts, read 632,840 times
SR, I'm calling you out on this. I can find no evidence that the WSP pays a bounty for turning in car owners who live in Washington and register their cars in another state. The WSP denies they pay a bounty.
Either cite a source and proof for your contention or stop spreading false information.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:11 PM

8,339 posts, read 6,859,658 times
I remember living in Vancouver, in 1985-86. They had a big crackdown on these people. They said one lady in particular sent them addresses and photos of cars in driveways with OOS plates. She alone they said nailed over 500 drivers....

Oh and here's a warning. 7-9 years ago, a woman went from WA to OR and while in OR, picked up 4 cartons of cigarettes for her friends who smoked. Coming back, she was nailed for speeding. She had left the smokes out in plain view and since they were different, the cop asked her if she smoked.

She replied she didn't and the cop called the revenue dept who issued a $1K fine for smuggling (Bootlegging) . So, if you buy for others, stick the dang things in the trunk!

Old 11-06-2015, 07:42 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,526,200 times
I'm not sure what happened to my neighbor but she had a cop ring her doorbell and give her a ticket for her car that was in the driveway. She lives down a private road way off the main roads.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:15 PM

318 posts, read 632,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
I'm not sure what happened to my neighbor but she had a cop ring her doorbell and give her a ticket for her car that was in the driveway. She lives down a private road way off the main roads.
I'm not sure either. ????????

Old 11-06-2015, 10:58 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,526,200 times
Quote:
I'm not sure either. ????????
For her out of state tags. She suspected a neighbor turned her in. My apologies for not being thorough in my post. It didn't make sense 😳

Old 11-06-2015, 11:44 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,917 posts, read 58,701,068 times
Quote:
Either cite a source and proof ///.
feel free to pursue whatever extra curricular activities you need to occupy your free time... winter is just beginning so you have 8 more months to seek vengeance. (and you are free to keep running your OOS plates!, as well as let all your friends and neighbors do the same)

I can't imagine the WSP ever publicizing programs they abandoned for just cause.

they had a bounty / incentives when I moved to WA ( 30+ yrs ago, as well as a 'squealer hotline' (protect the narcs) used for more important stuff than OOS registration (often for their 'litter' fines! (cigarette butts tossed from cars), the Columbian ran some articles if you would like some assistance in research. Consider the past Oregonian articles, as they are a lot ezr to access and get help with your Multnomah Library Card (a 'must have' for CC residents)).

As neighbors, we had a pact. (and a posse, but only to protect the innocent, not to narc out the offenders.)

Probably not a good idea the way to have bounty these days since people go postal with their right to bear arms these days.. and HUNGRY attorneys seeking class actions for civil liberties and such.

enjoy your L-o-n-g and studious winter. 81 and sunny here!. I don't have to fly home to feed the dog anymore...he's toast, and peacefully sleeping under his favorite tree (way under)

Old 11-07-2015, 06:19 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,597,221 times
I don't have to fly home to feed the dog anymore...he's toast, and peacefully sleeping under his favorite tree (way under)

RIP to your dog, Stealth.

Where ya at that it's 81 and sunny? San Diego?

Old 11-07-2015, 06:27 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,583,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I don't have to fly home to feed the dog anymore...he's toast, and peacefully sleeping under his favorite tree (way under)

RIP to your dog, Stealth.

Where ya at that it's 81 and sunny? San Diego?
As much as he's always hating on California??!

Old 11-07-2015, 06:39 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,597,221 times
Yeah, and actually, it's early November and San Diego doesn't get as warm as LA does. Stealth doesn't remind me of a LA person much at all, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area