Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 01:44 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,481,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
yeah, does. But as a ski area it isn't even in the same category as the cottonwood resorts. AltaBird is a world class destination with better snow, better terrain and a longer season. When skiers look for a "good ski town" the bias is towards the best skiing. So what's the point? Do you actually ski?
OP requested the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carminesnow View Post
looking to live in or as near to a ski town as possible without being insanely expensive.
Quote:
I just want access to snowboarding, hiking, cycling, mountain outdoor activities
I responded with Brian Head or Cedar City, which meets all listed criteria.
OP said nothing about "world class", "better terrain", "longer season". Those are all extras that you added in! So give me a break. You aren't the OP.

OP also asked for an area that isn't insanely expensive. My suggestions beat Alta in that regard by a long shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2020, 05:14 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,031,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
OP requested the following:

I responded with Brian Head or Cedar City, which meets all listed criteria.
OP said nothing about "world class", "better terrain", "longer season". Those are all extras that you added in! So give me a break. You aren't the OP.

OP also asked for an area that isn't insanely expensive. My suggestions beat Alta in that regard by a long shot.
Defensive much?

And BTW, normatively no place in Utah is insanely expensive except Park City. Southern UT is cheap.

Old 02-08-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
Defensive much?

And BTW, normatively no place in Utah is insanely expensive except Park City. Southern UT is cheap.
Lack reading comprehension, much? Evidently so.

Last edited by Code Stemi; 02-08-2020 at 06:08 PM..

Old 02-10-2020, 10:49 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
Lack reading comprehension, much? Evidently so.
You are rather defensive and I can speak to that. (On this thread and others)

To get this thread back on topic, Ogden is a good choice for living near ski resorts, but they are not next door. Snow Basin is about twenty miles away. Powder Mountain is about twenty-five miles away. Brian Head might be closer. The skiing at Snow Basin is more difficult and challenging than at Brian Head. The OP can determine how important that is to him.

Old 02-11-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
You are rather defensive and I can speak to that. (On this thread and others)
The thread is not about whether or not I am acting defensive (which no, you cannot speak to, as you have no personal knowledge of), it is about answering the questions the OP posed, which I did, but you further derailed and contributed to.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:41 AM

124 posts, read 146,057 times
Quote:
I'm looking to relocate to Utah or somewhere in the Rockies and looking to live in or as near to a ski town as possible without being insanely expensive. I know living in these towns (such as Park City for ex) can be extremely pricey. I just want access to snowboarding, hiking, cycling, mountain outdoor activities, etc. I've even open to other states maybe such as Idaho or Montana or wherever.

Have you ever considered the Reno, NV area?
It's usually less than an hour drive to Lake Tahoe, where there are multiple ski resorts and plenty of other outdoor activities, and in addition you have the incredibe lake for boating & kayaking. The only downside is that the cost of living, mainly housing, in the area can be high but the same is mostly true for any town or city close to ski resorts.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:28 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,057,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
To get this thread back on topic, Ogden is a good choice for living near ski resorts, but they are not next door. Snow Basin is about twenty miles away. Powder Mountain is about twenty-five miles away. Brian Head might be closer. The skiing at Snow Basin is more difficult and challenging than at Brian Head. The OP can determine how important that is to him.
Nobody thought to mention Huntsville and Liberty for PM and the Basin? Or Midway/Heber City for Park City? You can sneak out the back door in Midway/Heber and ski Sundance also.

Old 04-28-2020, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Butterfly View Post
The only downside is that the cost of living, mainly housing, in the area can be high but the same is mostly true for any town or city close to ski resorts.
Cedar City would be an exception to that.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:14 AM

325 posts, read 962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Nobody thought to mention Huntsville and Liberty for PM and the Basin? Or Midway/Heber City for Park City? You can sneak out the back door in Midway/Heber and ski Sundance also.
Earlier, I mentioned Ogden as a possibility. I should have said the Ogden Valley (Huntsville, Eden & Liberty), but they may not fit the OP's bill if he/she wants quick access to work, schools or city amenities. The Valley, which has the rather large Pineview Reservoir sandwiched between Snowbasin and Powder Mountain is magnificent. But, it can be called rural. However, it is easily accessed from Ogden and it's environs by the Canyon and the North Ogden Pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah