Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 10:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,631 times

Advertisements

My big family and I are looking for a good area in Utah for work and easy living i guess
where from socal and there no work anywhere and like some tips
we are not Mormons and iv heard a lot of stuff that Mormons get discounts on there food and so on
my family and i are pagans (no where not witches or satanist)
anyways any feed back will be great <3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 07:49 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,873,651 times
Way too general a question. What type of work have you done? Skills/education? What size house? Rural or small town? Budget?

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:41 AM

28,106 posts, read 30,010,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomonk View Post
we are not Mormons and iv heard a lot of stuff that Mormons get discounts on there food and so on
Uh... no.

Quote:
my family and i are pagans
I've known quite a number of pagans online during the past few years, almost all of them great people. Don't worry about that part.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,979,130 times
Mormons get discounts on food? With the price of food nowadays, if that were true EVERYONE would be in line to get baptized...

Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 PM

427 posts, read 1,305,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomonk View Post
My big family and I are looking for a good area in Utah for work and easy living i guess
where from socal and there no work anywhere and like some tips
my family and i are pagans (no where not witches or satanist)
anyways any feed back will be great <3
The McDonalds' out here actually have a Mormon only dollar menu. It's pretty sweet.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:19 AM

30 posts, read 77,891 times
As soon as you find a discount for food for being Mormon - the entire state will convert.

You can let me know any other questionsModerator cut: nit allowed . I'd be happy to help! I've lived in San Diego, and its a great change.

ALSO - I'm not religious in any facet. I don't feel judged, concerned or anything of the liking. People are friendly, and it actually bugs me the stigma Mormons have on them.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 04-06-2013 at 06:26 AM..

Old 04-06-2013, 04:47 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,388,466 times
There is really not much work here either. Probably best to start a job search BEFORE you move.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:46 AM

33 posts, read 84,050 times
Mormons get discounts on food?? Like at the grocery store?? Uh NO.
What you may be confusing that with is Welfare Square, or the LDS food pantry??
Mormons in need can contact their Bishops for assistance when needed but, not being Mormon I don't really know the details there.
The LDS Church is one of the main contributors of the Food Bank here which is for public assistance. And they do all kinds of other things for public assistance as well, and donations for the homeless too.
But you don't get a break on public things just for being LDS!! LOL! The LDS out here are just like anyone else really. About the only time they really stick out is Conference, because most all of them were black coats but, you would have to be downtown to notice that. The stories, tales and impressions that come up about Mormons, are pretty funny sometimes. There is pretty much no separation of Church and State in Utah but, the Mormons are pretty much just like anyone else. Some areas of Utah are more concentrated in LDS than others, The Main Valley though is pretty diverse. Lots of Temples and Wards here. But lots of other denominations and Churches as well.

Depending on what you do, there really isn't that much work going onin SLC either!!

Old 04-07-2013, 08:55 PM

14,419 posts, read 14,341,598 times
Wow...all this discussing has gotten me thinking.

I may create a chain of grocery stores and call them something like "The Deseret Grocery".

We'd have special deals for those seeking a years supply of food. Food dehydrators would always be on sale. We'd have special plans available for those seeking to dig a bomb shelter in their backyard. Only herbal tea would be for sale and it goes without saying my stores would not have a beer license.

We'd have competitions in the store on Saturdays to see who could make the best "Mormon Muffins" and "Funeral Potatoes".

A baptismal certificate would get you a 5% discount. A temple recommend would be necessary for the 10% discount.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:58 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,819,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Wow...all this discussing has gotten me thinking.

I may create a chain of grocery stores and call them something like "The Deseret Grocery".

We'd have special deals for those seeking a years supply of food. Food dehydrators would always be on sale. We'd have special plans available for those seeking to dig a bomb shelter in their backyard. Only herbal tea would be for sale and it goes without saying my stores would not have a beer license.

We'd have competitions in the store on Saturdays to see who could make the best "Mormon Muffins" and "Funeral Potatoes".

A baptismal certificate would get you a 5% discount. A temple recommend would be necessary for the 10% discount.
I think there are already stores like that. Seriously. I see one every time I go to Sprouts Grocery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah