Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:20 AM

93 posts, read 173,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
During the presidential election, Brian Kilmeade a co/anchor on Fox & Friends walked off the show while it was still on air.
He walked off because his co/hosts had deliberately taken a comment from Barack Obama out of context and were accusing him of being a racist.
Kilmeade to his credit complained to his colleagues that they were being unfair, and that they should quote Obama's actual speech in full.
When they would'nt do that he walked off the set.
Chris Wallace the host of "Fox news on Sunday" also took time out to rebuke Fox & Friends for what he called "two hours of Obama bashing"
I read today that Glenn Beck has lost another nineteen advertisers including Toyota/Lexus & Diageo, also to their credit two british companies including the John Lewis partnership have pulled their advertising from Fox.
The network should be called Fox anti-news because they represent deceit instead of honesty & bias in place of fairness.

Another reason Sky wont become like Fox...the establishment would close ranks on them at the first slip up.

Not sure why they're so bothered about Glenn Becks comments. Kayne West openly called Bush a racist and didnt beat about the bush about it. No one withdrew his products from sale. As much as i dislike Bush, ive scoured the internet for any racist footage of him and cant find any. Bush hated everyone equally it seemed.
And while i dont believe Obama to be a racist the mainstream press would come down hard on a white President who didnt distance himself from that racist pastor Jeremiah whatshisname. Not necessarily a comment on Obama, rather the double standards of the media.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:55 AM

14,532 posts, read 11,358,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
During the presidential election, Brian Kilmeade a co/anchor on Fox & Friends walked off the show while it was still on air.
He walked off because his co/hosts had deliberately taken a comment from Barack Obama out of context and were accusing him of being a racist.
Kilmeade to his credit complained to his colleagues that they were being unfair, and that they should quote Obama's actual speech in full.
When they would'nt do that he walked off the set.
Chris Wallace the host of "Fox news on Sunday" also took time out to rebuke Fox & Friends for what he called "two hours of Obama bashing"
I read today that Glenn Beck has lost another nineteen advertisers including Toyota/Lexus & Diageo, also to their credit two british companies including the John Lewis partnership have pulled their advertising from Fox.
The network should be called Fox anti-news because they represent deceit instead of honesty & bias in place of fairness.
It's shocking how often comments made by prominent liberals in this country are taken "out of context".

It's also interesting to me that you don't give credit to Fox for having personalities on their programs who will call out their colleagues when they feel that they are being unbalanced.
I have watched many other networks where no one is called out for their biased remarks.
Doesn't an anchor on CNN making the following comments about a particular presidential candidate make you cringe? "I feel a thrill going up my leg".
This was Keith Olbermann during an election!

Old 10-08-2009, 08:33 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,719,239 times
I gave Brian Kilmeade credit for speaking his mind, read my previous post again.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:56 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,586,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Doesn't an anchor on CNN making the following comments about a particular presidential candidate make you cringe? "I feel a thrill going up my leg".
This was Keith Olbermann during an election!
What was Olbermann doing on CNN if he's employed by MSNBC?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:51 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,783,243 times
Enough.

Take the US political discussions over to the Politics forum, please.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:37 AM

Are you seriously saying that Fox news is fair & balanced Mr Joshua?
This is the network where the odious Anne Coulter is a regular commentator.
And I see that you have'nt commented on the Malmady massacre yet, was what O'reilly said true, or was he lying, It's a simple question.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:55 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,433,673 times
Actually the Pew Center for Journalism and Research did a study that found that Fox News Channel was the most fair in covering the 2008 U.S. Presidential Election, being only slightly more negative of Barack Obama over John McCain. Fox News Channel actually ran mostly positive or neutral stories about both candidates.

On the other hand Pew found that MSNBC was the most biased in its coverage, being far more negative of John McCain than Barack Obama. Barack Obama received far more favorable coverage on MSNBC than John McCain.

All opinion shows were eliminated from this study that covered all major American news stations. The study also determined that the mainstream news networks were strongly left leaning, but that ABC offered the most fair mainstream coverage.

Also another recent Pew study found that Fox News Channel was well regarded among the American public, but was very much well regarded amongst Republicans and Independents, while only relatively well regarded among Democrats. It's sister newspaper publication, the Wall Street Journal, was the most well regarded major American newspaper, and it was well regarded across partisan and ideological lines. The WSJ has indicated support for Republican policies, but has also been supportive of some Democratic initiatives.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:51 AM

Did'nt Pew also observe in April this year that Fox news stood out as being "too critical of Obama" and that Fox represented "opinion rather than news"

Old 10-09-2009, 08:20 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,783,243 times
Okie dokie........off to the Politics forum with the lot of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom