Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 03:46 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,246,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condemned View Post
What the hell's a 'Homosexual Epidemic?'

Also, what went on in Sodom and Gomorrah has been going on since whenever IF you're talking about:

1. pride

2. fullness of food

3. abundance of idleness

4. Did not take care of the poor and needy.

which many times then results in:

various abominations ("the devil finds things for idle nations to do," so to speak)

The above is according to Ezekiel 16:49, by the way. Had to mention this because many people think Sodom was only known for homosexuality or they had a more homosexual society than anybody else. Perhaps they were open about it whereas in other societies it existed/exists but closeted for reasons like...oh, let me see...religion?
All these other sins are sins of America as well.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:29 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,968,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

That sort of talk is fueled by hatred and ignorance and I wouldn't read anything by an author who promoted their own fear and stupidity in the familiar form of gay bashing.
If you knew Wilkerson, you would understand he's not a man that hates . He spent most of his life takeing care of gang members, the homeless, and prostitutes. He reaches out to everyone. If Wilkerson said God gave him a vision of the things to come, then he saw something. And he may not be politically correct, but he is a man that speaks the truth. The prophecy he gave (is true), it may not agree with your world view, yet it is still true. I never met the man, but I have watched his ministery over the years. He has always been motivated by helping the down and outs and the poor. God does not support the lifestyle of the homosexual, and that is because it is motivated by the unseen forces that are in rebellion against the heart of God. Wilkerson is a man who talks the talk, and walks the walk. Wilkerson preaches against all sin, that the Bible calls sin. He does not just pick out one group to come down on. The Bible clearly states that the Homosexual lifstyle is wrong, and if Wilkerson tells you what is going to happen when society finally embraces it you would be wise to listen to him. Wilkerson was not wrong about the peace we see between the East and the West. He was not wrong about the global melt down we are now in. And I can assure you, he was not wrong about what is going to happen with the Homosexuals in the future. Why would anyone bash anybody, what he stated is simply going to happen, and this information has nothing to do with hate. It has more to do with a future reality that neither you or I can prevent.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:35 PM

321 posts, read 679,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
All these other sins are sins of America as well.
As well as Rome, Greece, Britain, Spain, etc. Those predictions are not eye popping IF a person has some knowledge of history. Empires have been rising and falling since whenever. Their people become vigilant, work hard and help to build the empire. Once money begins to flow, corruption and various vices become the norm and they start to eat away at the fabric that built the empire. The U.S is no different and pay careful attention that NONE of the world's great empires rose to prominence because they placed reliance on the biblical god. There was no "forgetting" God involved.

Right now, China and India are on the rise. Without living in either of those places, I can probably stay where I am and predict their demise in years to come and will sound like a "prophet" when it starts to come to pass.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:51 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If you knew Wilkerson, you would understand he's not a man that hates . He spent most of his life takeing care of gang members, the homeless, and prostitutes. He reaches out to everyone. If Wilkerson said God gave him a vision of the things to come, then he saw something. And he may not be politically correct, but he is a man that speaks the truth. The prophecy he gave (is true), it may not agree with your world view, yet it is still true. I never met the man, but I have watched his ministery over the years. He has always been motivated by helping the down and outs and the poor. God does not support the lifestyle of the homosexual, and that is because it is motivated by the unseen forces that are in rebellion against the heart of God. Wilkerson is a man who talks the talk, and walks the walk. Wilkerson preaches against all sin, that the Bible calls sin. He does not just pick out one group to come down on. The Bible clearly states that the Homosexual lifstyle is wrong, and if Wilkerson tells you what is going to happen when society finally embraces it you would be wise to listen to him. Wilkerson was not wrong about the peace we see between the East and the West. He was not wrong about the global melt down we are now in. And I can assure you, he was not wrong about what is going to happen with the Homosexuals in the future. Why would anyone bash anybody, what he stated is simply going to happen, and this information has nothing to do with hate. It has more to do with a future reality that neither you or I can prevent.
Amen, Campbell!! Tried to rep but gotta spread it around.

From God's lips to deaf ears, my friend.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:22 PM

2 posts, read 7,341 times
Gays are openly attacking all those who go against their views. In the town I live in, the local gay men are continually using public bathrooms to perform their lewd acts. They get away with it most of the time because a police officer has to catch them in the act first. A relative of mine is a security officer and all he can do is try to deter them away from the store bathroom where he works. God help you if you have a son that needs to use the bathroom in public.

As for the prediction of x-rated movies and nudity, did anyone catch Janet Jackson in the superbowl a couple of yrs ago showing her top? And what about the x-rated movie that replaced the last superbowl game for those watching it in Arizona? I have the comedy channel on my tv and caught a full blown sex act on it as I was flipping through the stations with my 8 yr old daughter. One used to have to subscribe to get access to things like that. Not any more. Yes, America has morally declined.

Wake up and repent before it is too late.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:24 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
I think he is trying to boost book sales.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:36 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conservmom View Post
Gays are openly attacking all those who go against their views. In the town I live in, the local gay men are continually using public bathrooms to perform their lewd acts. They get away with it most of the time because a police officer has to catch them in the act first. A relative of mine is a security officer and all he can do is try to deter them away from the store bathroom where he works. God help you if you have a son that needs to use the bathroom in public.

As for the prediction of x-rated movies and nudity, did anyone catch Janet Jackson in the superbowl a couple of yrs ago showing her top? And what about the x-rated movie that replaced the last superbowl game for those watching it in Arizona? I have the comedy channel on my tv and caught a full blown sex act on it as I was flipping through the stations with my 8 yr old daughter. One used to have to subscribe to get access to things like that. Not any more. Yes, America has morally declined.

Wake up and repent before it is too late.
Amen Sister!!! Stick around, we need ya!!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:46 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,551,860 times
I have a predition to make:

Idiots who read this wilkerson book will take it as gospel because it fortifies their religious paranoid delusions. They will go so far as to, in essense, deify this man, calling him a true prophet of god (as opposed to what he is, profitting from god).

Oh wait! It is already happening!

Old 05-16-2011, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,953 times
David Wilkerson did his prophecies in love, not hate. He doesn't want people to die and suffer the tourment of hell. He is warning America in love, not in some bitter haterd for gays.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:46 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,968,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I don't know if I would call them prophecies, all of the above were signs of the time in the mid 70's. Gas prices were getting out of hand, auto manufactures were having a difficult time, there was unrest in the Soviet Block countries. People in the United States were very unhappy with the president, and Gays were were just getting started in their quest for equal rights. All one had to do was read the writing on the wall.
The fall of the Iron curtain was at had, and with Nixons visit to China in the 70's started to open China up to the rest of the world, so the downfall of the Bamboo Curtain was at had also. These are nothing more than the progression of societies.

The fall of the Iron Curtain did not happen until 15 years after Wilkerson published his book. And even at that time news men were saying. Who could of predicted this? And when his book came out in 1974 the idea of peace between Russia, China and the United States seem like a belief only a fool would consider. And in fact, that is when I put his book down and felt it was just nonsense. Of course to non believers when a prophecy is fulfilled they simply write it off to a progression of societies. However Wilkerson prophecy did not end there. He stated that the world would face an economic melt down. And sometime after that America would be attacked by Russia, and destroyed. No doubt when that happens there will be others saying this was just another progression. When given facts that have been fulfilled. It's amazing how delusional non believers can be. Wilkerson warned of great natural disasters to come. And on April 27, 2011 when Wilkerson was killed in an auto accident. The was the very day America experience it's greatest tornado outbreak in it's history. Some might call that just another progression. I call it another warning by God, to a spiritually dead nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.