Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 05:17 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,270,684 times

Advertisements

dreams are the subconscious mind trying to make sense of emotions....

we take in facts, senses, feelings, emotions, everyday and we try to file all that data in safe places

but when some data is conflicted or not dealt with, or neatly filed away,,,,dreams will try to do it for us,,, and not always in the way we would choose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 08:32 PM

997 posts, read 939,433 times
If you have words in your dreams that stand out, then sometimes it is your guidance speaking to you. If there is a teaching or a suggestion, that might be something to consider.

Dialogue between dream people is normal but it doesn't usually stand out as much as a voice does. A dream is like a play, and there is a storyline. Something that is said outside the storyline might be more significant.

A teaching type situation would seem like it is coming from guidance. That doesn't always mean it is the gospel truth. It might be a way to help you understand something.

Guidance is your subconscious, but there is more to your subconscious then meets the eye.

Simply file it away under 'hmmm'....Maybe later it will make more sense.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:35 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,272,270 times
A good friend of mine died of cancer at the age of 28. I was working out of town at the time and didn't get to see him before he died, nor to attend his funeral. In the next few years, I had two dream conversations with him. I knew fully well that they were dreams and that I wasn't really communicating with him, but they did help me to not feel so bad about his death and about my not being around to see him or be at his funeral.

RIP Rob Stiller

Old 09-04-2017, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 993 times
I had a dream about a friend and they were frustrated with the relationship they were in and wish they could figure out why he does not give her space. She learning more about herself but at the same time wish he could figure out that she needs him but he never comes but when he does it's time she does not need him.

She then said to me you were the same way a year ago. You tried to do things and be here for me all the time but finally you got it. I said I had to learn about myself and realize how I can help people and when. Well I know you so well that there are certain times and when I see them that's when I'm here to help you but then there are times I see something but the best thing for you is to back off and let you figure it out. So I analyze you and know when it's the best time to talk to you. Then she said you figure it out, it's time to move forward. End of dream what the hell happen in this dream and what does it mean

Old 09-04-2017, 12:00 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,339,304 times
My great x4 grandfather visited me in a dream he was talking to me about Wessex an ancient kingdom in England we came from that I'd never heard of but looked up the next day,dreams are a spiritual realm for me,the only way the ancestors and the dead can communicate with us.Messages and conversations in dreams are very important.Dreams are like riddles given to us every night in symbolic language that we can solve.

“When we dismiss our dreams as only noise from our overworked minds, we go deaf to the subtle and sacred wind that is trying to steer us through our days…"

Old 12-25-2017, 08:30 AM

421 posts, read 238,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
My great x4 grandfather visited me in a dream he was talking to me about Wessex an ancient kingdom in England we came from that I'd never heard of but looked up the next day,dreams are a spiritual realm for me,the only way the ancestors and the dead can communicate with us.Messages and conversations in dreams are very important.Dreams are like riddles given to us every night in symbolic language that we can solve.

“When we dismiss our dreams as only noise from our overworked minds, we go deaf to the subtle and sacred wind that is trying to steer us through our days…"
Interesting.
I had a dream a month or so ago with someone I suspected was causing problems for me , a bad influence on others against me. She confirmed it in the dream and I asked her to stop. She just looked at me , did not agree to. We all have ideas about other people but if it feels real in a dream , I tend to believe it.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Two things come to mind here... First is... For real? Did you really have this dream?
Second- if it was a real dream, do you believe that?
Maybe she/he is thinking of hiring a medium to communicate and talk to her/his dead mom and brother but thinks that doing this is evil. Why not think and attempt to talk to them directly in your dream they may
appear and talk to you subconsciously, there is no evil in that.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:46 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,298,755 times
Once I dreamt that I was inside my house, the corridor seems busy with constructions workers, I looked out and briefly saw my late father from the window.

I walked towards the door and he was standing there back facing. Then as if he was telling me to, I held onto his hand and he led me as we walked off...no words were spoken. My mother was watching us from inside the house as we walked into vagueness... and the dream seems to end there.

I don't know where we were going, but I remember it was the warmest feeling holding my dad's hand. I dreamt of him several times after he passed, but this dream really gives me a calm and assuring feeling. Wish someone could help me decipher what this dream means.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:40 AM

3,979 posts, read 2,579,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
A good friend of mine died of cancer at the age of 28. I was working out of town at the time and didn't get to see him before he died, nor to attend his funeral. In the next few years, I had two dream conversations with him. I knew fully well that they were dreams and that I wasn't really communicating with him, but they did help me to not feel so bad about his death and about my not being around to see him or be at his funeral.

RIP Rob Stiller
A good friend, Eva, and I had an argument about how she could not call me. Then, she sent me a card but I didnt respond. =(

I had a dream and someone told me she could not call me bec she had to go to her funeral. I remember I thought it was a person I spoke with online who was dying of cancer. I thought, why would she need to call me anyway?

The next night I get an email that my friend Eve had died of acute leukemia... (She went into the hospital on Sun and died on Wed)

Within a week I had another dream. Eva and I got in her car and we went to a cafeteria and had lunch. I remember very little from that dream. One thing, Eva asked me, what's wrong? When I was awake... what's wrong? You're dead...

In a way it was closure to the argument and a nice visit as the ending instead of the fight.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:52 PM

859 posts, read 707,196 times
It depends!
If the this someone is dead, Yes. So, if they told you some thing bad or annoying that will happen, it's better not to speak about it and pay a few money or any thing of help to a charity or poor people in order to avoid it, or at least if it happened not to be that worse.
But take into consideration that not necessary the same conversation you had, it would happen. Some times they speak to you with statements that have symbols, which mean it seams to you some thing but they actually mean some thing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal