Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,482,036 times

Advertisements

No Doubt it is Ultra Brainwashing

The God Delusion - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 03:13 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,023,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzytx View Post
'.

You speak of the experiential but I prefer rock-solid evidence of what the individual says they are experiencing.

In light of the recently announced forum guidelines, could we cool it on disparaging the religious with terms such as 'brainwashed'?
Well, I should have been more specific.
Many religions have convinced people to believe in things that they have no evidence in and cannot prove and people who are members of that faith have no spiritual revelations of.

There are certainly good things about faith, but there are also a lot of things which I think are better off dropped - especially if they are tenets that would abridge the freedom of others not of that faith.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:47 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,703,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
One was a quick flashback. I was a young lady looking with what seemed to be longing out on the sea. I was walking in the sand along the coast. I heard tinkling every time I took a step and looked down and saw that I had these metal trinkets around my ankles and was dressed in some billowy pantaloons.
While the pantaloons may not fit, if they are the eurpean style, but the trinkets around your ankles would suggest a slave of the Middle East or Asia. And so maybe the pants where more like harem pants...hence the slave. Someplace I read that slaves from this geographical area wore bells around their ankles so they would not be able to sneak around.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:25 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,348,542 times
I don't know. I have never really believed in reincarnation, but I remember as a kid just "knowing" things that I had no way of knowing from my limited life experiences. Now that I am older and have learned some things about my dad's mother, who died long before I was born, I have realized that some of the things I knew were also things that she experienced. I'm still undecided.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:02 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,547,620 times
Just thought I would put my two cents in here.

I believe I have lived many past lives, but have no clue to many of them.
I strongly feel that I lived during the Civil War. I'm drawn to that time period again and again.

I wrote this poem to reflect these thoughts.
It's a bit corny, but hey, I can be as corny as I want to be... so there.

From Another Time

Did we journey once together in a life so long ago
Are you a piece of history that only I could know
Did laughter fill our mornings as we welcomed in the dawn
Did we cuddle in the evenings 'til our time for love was gone
Were we lovers in another time, whose ending came too soon
Did I weep upon the homestead underneath the silver moon
Were you the one who went to war and left me all alone
Did your untimely passing turn my heart into a stone
Do you believe two lovers lost in some forgotten time
Could finally join together without reason or a rhyme
Can you not feel the heavy rope that binds us once again
A long forgotten love of mine has now become my friend

(c)1998

Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 AM

10 posts, read 22,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Do you believe your past life personality, and experience, have affected how you live this life?

By this I mean; your values, and your choices in life, such as where you live, what type of house you like, even the partner you choose.

Just one of my questions to ponder.

I would like to think so. My opinion though is that the "soul" is a form of energy that shapes into all sorts of beings through time. Which would of course mean that it's not necessary to form into a human again; it could be a tree, an ant or a cell in the ocean. It could be on another planet, it could take the form of something completely unknown to us.

I don't think that the soul cares about anything physical really. So no house taste affected, no career choices involved in my humble opinion. But I do believe that if the relationship with your partner is STRONG (if you would be able to describe it as... divine), then there's a good chance for the two to meet again. Sometime. Somewhere. Somehow.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:51 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,023,833 times
I have only had the shortest of glimpses of past lives, but as many here have experienced I have been wronged in this life. It really helps, in trying to let go, to consider that I may have wronged this person in the past.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:18 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,703,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I have only had the shortest of glimpses of past lives, but as many here have experienced I have been wronged in this life. It really helps, in trying to let go, to consider that I may have wronged this person in the past.
It really does! Be it true karmic nature, or just psychological. Either way, when ever my life has been h€ll and I investigate into a past life to find some source outside of my current life choices, the turmoil subsides.
It's a matter of accepting the 'punishment' and going with the flow rather than resisting. It really seems to solve the current problem. We acknowledge, see our errors and the Universe lets us move on.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:38 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,643,524 times
I don't really *want* to believe in past lives, because I don't like the idea of having to go back and do everything all over again if you screw up whatever your purpose is in this one. Or so I've heard...

But I keep thinking of that one little kid who was convinced he was a WWII vet, knew his name, all details, and the guy existed.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM

6 posts, read 10,275 times
To toss away the reality of having past lives, you must also expunge the immense amount of data, much of it scientifically reviewed, which supports reincarnation, pre-birth planning and past life/between lives regressions (and the therapy that has been shown to conclusively resolve from it).

I have not had a past life regression and, frankly, don't need one to conclude that past lives, and between lives, exist.

I would not recommend reading Ian Stevenson or Jim Tucker, the 2,000 cases are highly detailed as well as highly evidential; the evidence of reincarnation is unimpeachable.

This might be a better choice, Semkew capsule version...

Born Again: Reincarnation Cases Involving Evidence of Past Lives, with Xenoglossy Cases Researched by Ian Stevenson, MD by Walter Semkiw - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

The twins study was 100% verified...one case here...

Claims of Reincarnation: Gillian and Jennifer Pollock

Which leaves only the question as to how accurate are PLRs and BLRs and, again, the data strongly suggests a high degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal