Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 01:48 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,790,688 times

Advertisements

Oh, gees, maybe I'm an elf, too! I'm very tiny, and you can imagine all the "little people" I've been compared to!! (No, I'm not a dwarf, but I'm very short and tiny!)

Yikes, and I'm part Irish!! Oh, dear, I'd better watch out!

Maybe a trip to Ireland is due, now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 04:06 PM

24,154 posts, read 32,574,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I don't know Sheena, that sounds like a bunch of bull to me, and I am pro-psychics (just good ones). Come back in a week, why? So he can make more money? Just sounds kind of phony to me. I am interested in talking to you more about your readings, pm me please.
I know you are pro psychics. I might have made it sound worse than it was because I didn't walk away feeling ripped off and I've had that feeling before.

He just found my reading "overwhelming".

Old 07-17-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Oh, gees, maybe I'm an elf, too! I'm very tiny, and you can imagine all the "little people" I've been compared to!! (No, I'm not a dwarf, but I'm very short and tiny!)

Yikes, and I'm part Irish!! Oh, dear, I'd better watch out!

Maybe a trip to Ireland is due, now!
It's funny right??? I am open minded and - hey ya never know - and the diminutive Irish thing.

I more wanted to know about my Master's degree - in this or that, and the adoption of a sibling group.

Rather than the fact that I apparently have ancestors who consorted in inappropriate ways with the little people.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:16 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
Quote:
Sheena12: Rather than the fact that I apparently have ancestors who consorted in inappropriate ways with the little people.

TMI - Too much information -- YIKES! Gees, I don't even want to go there in my head!

Too late, my imagination is running wild.......

Old 07-17-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
TMI - Too much information -- YIKES! Gees, I don't even want to go there in my head!

Too late, my imagination is running wild.......
YOURS??? What about mine??? I'm thinking "Who is it that I'm related to who had a thing for the tiny and transparent?"

This is why I keep healthy boundaries with my family of origin...

Old 07-18-2012, 08:51 PM

Okay, no elves in my reading!

Update on my recent reading with a very nice woman down the street. She reads Tarot cards.

I guess I remember now why I don't generally get readings.... I don't have any immediate questions, and she wanted me to ask a question. I didn't really have anything specific and I asked ahead of time if I needed to prepare beforehand and she said "no," so I didn't have anything in mind. I formulated a basic generic question of the next 1-5 years.

She did the cards (I don't know how to read them, so I had to ask a lot of questions about what the pictures meant). But basically, and she even kept repeating, "This could apply to anyone...." it was very general. I realized after looking at the cards that some are "bad" cards and some are "good" cards and some are "in-between" cards.

I already have a pretty good idea of the issues I've been working on and what I want to do. At least the cards she pulled correlated with those, but she did ask me what I thought of the cards. I just said that from what she had told me they stood for that it seemed logical -- obviously, I've had bad things in the past, and I am working out issues, and hope to have a brighter future. She did not volunteer any real information and merely said that my upcoming trip would "expose me to different ideas and cultures," which, since I'm going to Asia is certainly going to happen, regardless.

Anyway, I paid her the regular fee, and just confirmed for her some of what I was currently doing and what I hoped for later. Then she got into "two little angels" by my feet....and I kind of buzzed off at that point....

I guess I had hoped for more, but I actually did get what I expected, ironically -- which is the reason I don't go to people for readings.

She knows what I do, although has never witnessed me doing them, so when I explained that one time my house almost burned down because I had a candle on my wood-burning stove and it melted and the entire house was filled with smoke from the candle and they had to "shake" me to "wake me up" to be aware of it (I was totally so in trance that I did not realize that was happening -- fortunately there were two people there and one of them figured out I was deep in trance). I kind of freaked out seeing the smoke and couldn't figure out why they hadn't said something to me beforehand....because when I go that deeply, I really am someplace else. I think this woman was a bit surprised by that, and I gave a few more examples, and she said, "Oh, you actually DO go into a trance?!" I do. (Which is both good and bad -- bad if you almost burn your house down!)

Anyway, I tried it, and probably will not see anyone again. Maybe I will try a "good" medium (I have seen lots at Spiritualist churches, but I'd probably save for George Anderson, as he and I seem to work very similarly) sometime. Mediums can and do bring in future information (I have done that for others in the past, although not intending to -- again in deeper trance states ).

There is that saying, "You are your own best psychic," and sometimes that IS true. I'm sorry I didn't have anything amazing to report -- I was kind of hoping to, but it just didn't happen like that. Although we did have a nice talk, and she served tea and it was pleasant.

At least it was very, very different from how I work, so I could see easily why this can be done at psychic fairs, whereas the work I do can't really be done at a place like that (except for a demonstration).

Okay, I tried. Anyone else have any readings they had recently that they want to tell us about?? I'm always curious to see what others' experiences are.

Alrighty -- I think the elves were more interesting!

Old 07-18-2012, 09:41 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,687,612 times
Quote:
Okay, no elves in my reading!

Update on my recent reading with a very nice woman down the street. She reads Tarot cards.

I guess I remember now why I don't generally get readings.... I don't have any immediate questions, and she wanted me to ask a question. I didn't really have anything specific and I asked ahead of time if I needed to prepare beforehand and she said "no," so I didn't have anything in mind. I formulated a basic generic question of the next 1-5 years.

She did the cards (I don't know how to read them, so I had to ask a lot of questions about what the pictures meant). But basically, and she even kept repeating, "This could apply to anyone...." it was very general. I realized after looking at the cards that some are "bad" cards and some are "good" cards and some are "in-between" cards.
I never have a question!....so I just ask, 'what does the Universe want me to know?' I find that to be quite helpful and the readings profound.
I'm curious what cards came up, but I understand if you don't want them flopped out in public.
ALL cards are good, bad and some where inbetween. It's is all dependent upon how they sit around each other, as well as the readers ability, training and perspective.
Asking you about what you see/feel about the cards is the Gestalt approach. Beings she knows what you do could be why she asked you about the cards.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I never have a question!....so I just ask, 'what does the Universe want me to know?' I find that to be quite helpful and the readings profound.
I'm curious what cards came up, but I understand if you don't want them flopped out in public.
ALL cards are good, bad and some where inbetween. It's is all dependent upon how they sit around each other, as well as the readers ability, training and perspective.
Asking you about what you see/feel about the cards is the Gestalt approach. Beings she knows what you do could be why she asked you about the cards.
I think that is always or almost always the best question! Tarot can over ride a trivial question that one might ask - I've seen this quite a bit.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
OwlKaMyst: I never have a question!....so I just ask, 'what does the Universe want me to know?' I find that to be quite helpful and the readings profound.
I don't know. Gosh, I can't remember them all. I'm trying to remember. I think the top right was Queen of Wands? (she said it was fire - I can't remember what she had but I remember she did say fire), the bottom right was some pentacle thing (can't remember now, which she saw as money coming in), the top left was Wheel of Fortune, and last card at the end on left was Death (to me, meaning rebirth). The past was all ugly stuff, and since I don't know how to tell the difference...let's see, she kept covering up the middle ones -- one was a Queen of something -- maybe the Swords (she said it was air). I don't remember the ones next to it, but the bottom of the queen was a bunch of wands.... I honestly don't know Tarot, so I didn't even know what those "wands" were, I thought they were sticks - lol.

But really, though, it was kind of already what I knew, and I guess it's better to have them correlate than not. I wish I knew how to explain it. Maybe I will call her and ask her what was there -- she might remember them because she talked about them. Mainly she said it was communication and there was one on the left about the "world" -- I can't remember -- it was a gold round circle - or maybe I'm confusing that with the top one (not much help, am I??). Maybe I'll call her just for the heck of it.

It's okay...a lot of it is pretty general, and she didn't say anything specific other than it "looked good." She did ask if I had a God or The Universe or what, so I chose The Universe -- maybe that is what you mean. It's just that she kept saying, "Well, this could apply to anyone...." which made me feel disappointed.

I actually have no interest in learning the cards. I'm more interested in astrology, and I do know a lot more about that. But I hardly use that anymore, either.

I guess I was hoping for something specific, but maybe those kinds of readings are merely just personal interpretations or something. I honestly don't know. She said she usually does "counseling," with them, so maybe people who see her are people who need counseling. I'm already a trained therapist, so I wasn't there for that.

It was interesting to see the cards, and I like the woman, I just somehow expected something different but got what I normally get -- something pretty general. Or at least to me it seemed general. Maybe to someone else it might not. I can't read cards, so when she asked me about them, I really didn't want to read into them, as I'm sure I'd be trying hard to figure out the interpretation by the pictures.

It's okay. I'm not upset about it, just thought maybe it would be more. That's all. But I'm also at an age where I don't have issues with love, home, work, moving, etc. I'm kind of at the end game, actually. So, maybe considering I don't have a lot of extra "stuff" now, it might be harder to find something specific. I would guess a younger person would have a lot more questions -- just because they're in the midst of career, home, families, relationships, etc. I've already done all that...

But I'll ask her anyway and see if she can remember what they were. I hadn't thought to write them down, since I didn't understand them anyway.

Thanks, OwlKaMyst.

P.S. I wish I would have asked you guys how to go into this first! I did ask if I should prepare or have questions, and she said "no," so I'm not sure why she then asked for a question....but then I picked the Universe, so maybe that's what happened. I have no idea how they work, so I was, obviously, not prepared.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:55 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,687,612 times
Fire is wands in most decks and swords is air in most decks (some decks swap those two associations). As much as you 'don't remember' - you did pretty good. You can see what I say about those two queens above, and that's just text book meanings.
Sounds like the pentacle card could have been the 7, maybe 9. Pentacles are earth. You did not mention cups, which is water.
The fire/wands suit is one of life spark and passion. It is a creative suit.
Air/swords is communication, thoughts and intellect.
Pentacles is the physical, material and resource/skill suit.
Glad you recognize the death card as a rebirth, that card is often misunderstood.
My tag line for the death card is 'out with the old, in with the new'
The World card (sounds like you got that one) is a wonderful card, all avenues are open to you...unless of course this card is surrounded by cards that would hinder progress. Swords can be hindrances and challenges. To often our own thoughts or opinions from others challenge us or have us in doubt.

I would also have been a little disappointed with the 'could apply to anyone'. I'd want more specifics if I could not instantly recognize the person right away.
If she does more of a counseling approach, then I can see why she uses the Gestalt approach. Nothing wrong with that at all for it really helps the person being read with issues and thoughts buried in the subconscious.

My feeling is that you (who you are & what you do) intimidated her. Not in a jealous way, just something of performance anxiety. Something like trying to teach an algebraic equation to a mathamatician. I bet you would have gotten a better reading (not that it was bad, as you say it showed things you already knew) if she was not nervous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal