Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:23 AM

328 posts, read 1,034,230 times

Advertisements

To come all that distance whether it takes a million light years or one second,
I really believe that any "Alien' worth spit would take one look at this planet and say "No way Jose." I could just hear them say" I'll bet they don't taste good either !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 07:14 AM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,755 times
Here is the most important part of the article:

Quote:
After all, fascinating though it is, it's just a story. There's no proof.
Yep. Still nothing but tall tales.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:59 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I was just discussing this with the guy next to me and he told me about a movie he saw a few years ago on Sci Fi called Official Denial. I've personally never heard of it and a google search won't tell you much more about it, but it makes a good point..
if anyone doesn't like movie spoilers, please don't go beyond this..

seems the reason these "aliens" came to visit us was because they were actually from the future and wanted to make some changes to change what happens to us. I've personally never thought of this one and it makes an interesting point..
the guy (an Air Force vet) then noticed the Air Force was formed two months after the Roswell incident.. Roswell happened in July 47 and the Air Force was created in September 47...

insert spooky music here

Old 07-06-2007, 12:05 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
This whole UFO thing lets me see why people can be manipulated so easily. Perhaps people feel empty deep down and yearn for something extraordinary to explain their place in the universe.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:00 PM

ok.. everyone is entitled to their own opinion and luckily it's not law that everyone else has to follow it...

The universe is just a little bit too big for it to only have one inhabitable planet. I can't see a justification for that on the religious or scientific side.
Plus there's nothing wrong with exercising your imagination a little. I'm no expert, but I think it's safe to assume people who do are a bit more on the intelligent side..

Old 07-06-2007, 01:18 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
ok.. everyone is entitled to their own opinion and luckily it's not law that everyone else has to follow it...

The universe is just a little bit too big for it to only have one inhabitable planet. I can't see a justification for that on the religious or scientific side.
Plus there's nothing wrong with exercising your imagination a little. I'm no expert, but I think it's safe to assume people who do are a bit more on the intelligent side..
Yep, but saying that there are other inhabitable planets in the universe is a far cry from saying that a spaceship crashed in Roswell New Mexico.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:48 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post

I am a huge supporter of SETI, and I have been waiting since I was a teenager to hear that signal/sign from an alien in the universe. However, I believe we will likely find primitive life forms when we have the capability to travel further out to other planets. Life, even in primitive stages, is a long process that requires millions of years to complete. So please excuse me if I don't share your enthusiasm for little green men in flying saucers crashing into earth.

SETI Institute - SETI Institute (broken link)

People who get their UFO information from tabloids and Hollywood movies and UFO nuts are on the intelligent side? If you say so.

Last edited by davidt1; 07-06-2007 at 02:11 PM..

Old 07-06-2007, 01:54 PM

626 posts, read 993,129 times
Here's some "hard evidence"

Quote:
Local undertaker Glenn Dennis had long claimed that he was contacted by authorities at Roswell shortly after the crash and asked to provide a number of child-sized coffins.

When he arrived at the base, he was apparently told by a nurse (who later disappeared) that a UFO had crashed and that small humanoid extraterrestrials had been recovered.

But Haut is the only one of the original participants to claim to have seen alien bodies.
I'm sure the military would bury alien bodies, rather than study them. This undertaker is an idiot.

As for Arnold, he was involved with a UFO museum. If you look at it from his perspective, this was probably his best chance to get people to listen to him. We have every reason to doubt his motives. Few people give living UFO fanatics the time of day. Then again, maybe this was just a big joke, on his part. In either case, there is still no evidence to support his claims.

I don't doubt the possibility of the existence of other intelligent life in the universe, but do people honestly think that an alien race that had the technology to travel perhaps millions of lights years would be reckless enough to crash on Earth?

Old 07-06-2007, 02:07 PM

utilizing your imagination is a sign of superior intelligence, not believing one particular thing..
then again, thanks

and what about the people from the future coming to stop something angle? I'd never even thought of that one and it could be possible.. there's no proof of only one set time...

Old 07-06-2007, 06:54 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,903,286 times
The coffins weren't to bury the bodies, they were to transport them. The military didn't have body containers of the appropriate size so they used the coffins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal