Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 204 times

Advertisements

Hello! I figured that I’d make an account to reach out to see if anyone is struggling with the same issues I am and what the steps are to resolve them. (NJ Unemployment) I was working for a dealership full time since September 2019 after I had graduated from high school. Due to the virus I was originally furloughed until today when my employer has stopped covering my health insurance and I am now laid off. That being said I was directed to file for unemployment as soon as I was furloughed which was March 20th. I had put the claim in and received an e-adjudication and completed that. The next week I had received an email from my employer stating that I was going to be paid until April 1st. The first claim never got me far, but it was now April 12th and I was no longer being paid so I decided to reapply with a new claim, which gave me the same results without the need for an e-adjudication. My claim said that I was entitled to 0$ weekly benefits which made sense because I do not have enough work history for the base year period. But I figured I would still be entitled to assistance from PUA. I had received an email saying my claim was processed so I then tried to certify for my benefits and received the message that my certification cannot be processed and to call one of the reemployment call centers which I have called every morning at 7:40 to only be told that they’re too busy and cannot take my call which is understandable and I’m not the only one who needs help. But that does not excuse the fact that I was emailed Wednesday evening that my claim with PUA was ready and I should certify today, May 1st, at my allotted time. I followed the directions and entered my SSN and PIN only to be told that benefits are not available to me at this time. Like I’ve said, I’ve tried calling every number to no avail. What steps should I take? Has anyone else been in this situation recently? I’ve sent multiple emails as well only to get responses from their automated FAQ which does not address my situation which has lead me to this forum to seek help. Thank you in advanced!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment