Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 04:15 PM

7 posts, read 15,671 times

Advertisements

"TWC is reviewing your claim to determine if we can pay you benefits. If we need additional information, we will contact you."

I was approved for unemployment benefits but I've yet to receive a payment. I keep getting this message and no follow up calls to resolve the issue. My employer did not dispute the claim and I've double checked all of the information I provided which is all correct. I'm not sure what the hold up could be. Any insight is very much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 05:36 PM

153 posts, read 73,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosey3351 View Post
"TWC is reviewing your claim to determine if we can pay you benefits. If we need additional information, we will contact you."

I was approved for unemployment benefits but I've yet to receive a payment. I keep getting this message and no follow up calls to resolve the issue. My employer did not dispute the claim and I've double checked all of the information I provided which is all correct. I'm not sure what the hold up could be. Any insight is very much appreciated!
The document Determination of Benefits is what you will receive when you are approved for benefits. Usually, from what I have read it will take a minimum of 4 weeks to receive a payment. Just make sure to keep requesting payments so when you claim is paid you will be able to receive back pay.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polka Dot View Post
The document Determination of Benefits is what you will receive when you are approved for benefits. Usually, from what I have read it will take a minimum of 4 weeks to receive a payment. Just make sure to keep requesting payments so when you claim is paid you will be able to receive back pay.
Hmm I did get that document weeks ago, so a minimum of 4 weeks after that to receive payment? Thanks for your reply!

Old 04-30-2020, 07:17 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,765,294 times
Quote:
Hmm I did get that document weeks ago, so a minimum of 4 weeks after that to receive payment? Thanks for your reply!
Overview

It takes about four weeks from the date you apply for benefits to know if you are eligible for benefits. We use this time to gather information on your past wages, job separation, and general eligibility. You can check your claim status online at Unemployment Benefits Services or call Tele-Serv at 800-558-8321 and select option 2.

We use information from you and your last employer to determine if you qualify. TWC sends your last employer a letter with the reason you gave for no longer working there. By law, your employer has 14 days to respond. If the employer gives us new or different information, we contact you for additional information.

Watch your mail for these items related to your claim, which are described in separate sections below:

Statement of Wages and Potential Benefit Amounts
Determination on Payment of Unemployment Benefits
Additional Information We Send You After You Apply

Old 04-30-2020, 08:54 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
Quote:
On the document you received, what is the exact wording for letter? There are TWO letters you could receive.

The Statement of Wages and Potential Benefit Amounts is NOT an approval of payment of benefit, it's a notice telling you you either had or did not have enough wage credits to qualify. It is not a determination of your approval based on why you are unemployed.

The Determination on Payment of Unemployment Benefits is the letter that decided if your unemployment is valid to be paid benefits or if you are denied benefits and why. Usually, if approved, your payments start even before you get this letter.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Titere View Post
The poster is in TX. They don’t have to watch mail.

List exactly the documents and notices that are in there.
Information provided does say they can log into their online account.

Old 04-30-2020, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Many people don’t look at the links on the left in the TWC website when they log in. There’s no pop up or indicators that you should look there for correspondence. Half of the time it will mark things “read” when you’ve never opened them - making it look like nothing is in your “inbox”. The quote provided was to check claim status, which is the screen it takes you to upon login.

Advice provided by someone that has used this specific system for 15+ years on the employer side, and now on the dark side:

Check the account

Provide exactly what it reads.
Thanks for the helpful info. It does seem some states aren't as user friendly as others. I swear they do things intentionally to screw people up. I used to sweat it out when filing new claim in NJ and claiming each week. Double and triple checking questions and answers before "clicking" for fear you misinterpreted something based upon the wording of the question.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
On the document you received, what is the exact wording for letter? There are TWO letters you could receive.

The Statement of Wages and Potential Benefit Amounts is NOT an approval of payment of benefit, it's a notice telling you you either had or did not have enough wage credits to qualify. It is not a determination of your approval based on why you are unemployed.

The Determination on Payment of Unemployment Benefits is the letter that decided if your unemployment is valid to be paid benefits or if you are denied benefits and why. Usually, if approved, your payments start even before you get this letter.
Thank you for all of your replies! I received the Statement of Wages and the Unemployment Benefits Determination on April 1 which says I do qualify and will receive benefits. I've submitted three payment requests so far but they all say $0.00 paid while the full amount of the benefit remains. I just don't understand what could be holding it up this long when everything appears to be in order, except for system backup maybe?

Old 05-01-2020, 05:11 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
It does not say you "will receive benefits". There should be a notation at the that says something along the lines that you are approved to receive the amount stated IF you are found to be eligible.

Old 05-02-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
What else exactly is in your correspondence inbox? The more precise you can be, the easier it is to answer questions.

There’s no way you should have received the wage statement and determination on the same day, so something is very funky.
Yes you're correct, I received them in the mail the same day but my correspondence inbox is different, sorry for the confusion.

Statement of Wages and Potential Amounts/Instructions: Requesting Benefit Payments was received April 1st and the Unemployment Benefits Determination was received April 2nd. Also in the inbox on April 1st is the Benefits Information Packet, US Bank Information Sheet, Pell Grant Letter, and Unemployment Benefits Handbook.

This is what it says in the determination:

"Decision: We can pay you benefits, if you meet all other weekly requirements such as being
able, available, and actively searching for work. "

I've met the weekly requirements. I've seen others say it's taking a minimum of 4 weeks to start getting deposits so hopefully it will go through on my next payment request in a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment