Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 08:11 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,776,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose95 View Post
Here is what PA site says

Where a claimant works less than his full-time hours through no fault of his own, the claimant may be potentially eligible to receive full or partial benefits, depending on his gross earnings and Partial Benefit Credit (PBC). A claimant's PBC is the amount equal to 30 percent of his Weekly Benefit Rate (WBR). Where a claimant is working less than his full-time hours and his gross earnings for a week are equal to or less than the PBC, the claimant's full WBR is payable for the week. When the claimant's gross earnings for a week exceed the PBC, the gross earnings are deducted from the sum of the WBR plus PBC to determine the amount of any partial benefits for which the claimant may be eligible.

So IF my weekly benefit rate is really $525 ...

$525 + $158 = $683

So I have to earn below $683 right?
That calculation is correct. Basically they're letting you make $158. So if u make $700, you're not getting any UI nor the $600 a week from the Feds.

If you made $157 or less you would be getting your full WBR, plus the $600. Maybe they will cut your hours by a few. Wouldn't get much UI but it's the $600 prize you would still get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 09:12 PM

14 posts, read 6,879 times
Yes
So I need to be below the $683 a week if I'm understanding.
I lost out on 2 $600 weekly checks because I was like $30 over!!!

Need my employer to cut my hours to about 30 a week.

Now I see why they say you're better off being completely laid off these days. My co-workers that got laid off completely are bringing home more money than me. And they have full health insurance benefits 100% paid for by my employer for 90 days!!

Old 04-16-2020, 09:25 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,776,320 times
Quote:
Yes

Now I see why they say you're better off being completely laid off these days. My co-workers that got laid off completely are bringing home more money than me. And they have full health insurance benefits 100% paid for by my employer for 90 days!!
It does seem that way (with the $600 federal money). 3.5 day work week is what you need.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:42 PM

1,361 posts, read 555,092 times
Quote:
Yes

Hard to feel any pity that you missed out on $1200 over $30. Some of us are still working 40+ hours a week.

It's funny... last winter we got some snow in Feb and I couldn't leave the house for 4 days. I pretty much went stir crazy and was pulling my hair out. Can't imagine sitting at home for weeks on end even if I was getting gravy money from the government.

What you describe with your co-workers is exactly what's wrong with the system. There has to be incentive to return to work. $600 on top of a weekly benefit is far too much. People will be milking this to the very end because the vast majority will make more than they made working and when it's over will complain they can't find a job and deserve 99 weeks of UI.

Good luck.

Old 04-17-2020, 05:55 AM

14 posts, read 6,879 times
Of course I like the extra time off but I'd rather have my full pay/hours.

I am losing a decent amount of money with my hours being reduced. Mainly because I accumulated a decent amount of overtime each week. The $600 would make up for this loss.

My coworkers will be hired back as soon as all returns to normal.
I would never risk my job to be able to collect unemployment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment