Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 07:10 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,158,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid500 View Post
I’m looking at the long haul. $1,300.00 a week untaxed (almost $700 a week + the additional $600 federal) is no problem for a month. But that **** adds up after a while. Normally I don’t get taxes taken out.
Then set the money aside yourself as an emergency fund. You can always do payment arrangements with the IRS down the road if it comes to that.

You can't payment arrangement the worst case scenarios if this thing decimates our economy. $130/week adds up as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2020, 07:29 AM

130 posts, read 222,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipito View Post
Then set the money aside yourself as an emergency fund. You can always do payment arrangements with the IRS down the road if it comes to that.

You can't payment arrangement the worst case scenarios if this thing decimates our economy. $130/week adds up as well.
Good point

Old 04-07-2020, 08:12 AM

131 posts, read 94,452 times
FINALLY got somebody on the phone today!!!

609-984-2296 was the number that worked for me. I started calling at 930am and by 950am I had gotten someone on the phone, I believe her name is Regina. Very very nice lady, had my claim issues sorted out in 5 minutes, and told me that my funds are released as of now for all three claim weeks, gave me monetary figures for each week's deposit, and said they'd be deposited by Thursday. I had screwed up one of the answers on the first week's certification form and my claim was being held. She had said if I didn't call, my claim would be stuck in hold purgatory for who knows how long until someone got to it otherwise.

Old 04-07-2020, 08:51 AM

94 posts, read 64,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonp1102 View Post

609-984-2296 was the number that worked for me. I started calling at 930am and by 950am I had gotten someone on the phone, I believe her name is Regina. Very very nice lady, had my claim issues sorted out in 5 minutes, and told me that my funds are released as of now for all three claim weeks, gave me monetary figures for each week's deposit, and said they'd be deposited by Thursday. I had screwed up one of the answers on the first week's certification form and my claim was being held. She had said if I didn't call, my claim would be stuck in hold purgatory for who knows how long until someone got to it otherwise.
Lucky you. You just gave me hope. I call that number and if it’s not busy it just rings out. I’ll keep trying hopefully today is my lucky day.

Old 04-07-2020, 09:43 AM

76 posts, read 71,870 times
I certified Sunday at 10am and still got no confirmation the funds have been processed and sent over. I started getting benefits 3 weeks ago and it always took less tgen 24 hours.. its tuesday already almost noon and still no update

Old 04-07-2020, 09:44 AM

153 posts, read 84,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonp1102 View Post

This is why I keep telling people to ignore their state DOL directions to patiently wait 2-3 weeks to contact someone over your claim. I also had a "hold" on my account and still be sitting home with dwindling numbers in my bank account had I decided to listen to them and not fire dial the claims line. It's f'ed up that they think that's ok when people need to feed themselves.

Old 04-07-2020, 09:59 AM

131 posts, read 94,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candirockstar View Post
This is why I keep telling people to ignore their state DOL directions to patiently wait 2-3 weeks to contact someone over your claim. I also had a "hold" on my account and still be sitting home with dwindling numbers in my bank account had I decided to listen to them and not fire dial the claims line. It's f'ed up that they think that's ok when people need to feed themselves.
After three weeks of waiting and not hearing anything, while some of my co-workers never had issues and have gotten paid since the first week, and some had gotten their issues fixed by local legislators, I decided the hell with waiting. This is my money, my bills, my roof we're talking about. I hadn't heard back from my county's Assemblyman, or my district's Congressman, so I spamcalled the line myself. The system seems like it is designed for people to fail/give up/try to find work before they even get paid from unemployment, hence their responses to "wait 2-3 weeks before contacting," hell even 7 business days is far too long. But in a situation like this...yeah. It's a disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNew2this View Post
Lucky you. You just gave me hope. I call that number and if it’s not busy it just rings out. I’ll keep trying hopefully today is my lucky day.
I had that issue yesterday. Got many, many "false connections" as I call them, where it will ring through 20-30 times then disconnect you. I sat from 930-330 calling the number I listed as well as another, 609-292-2333, and could not get through yesterday.

You just have to keep trying. Call as early as you can - I'd start calling by 7-8am tbh, I was not expecting to even get through today at 945am, much less get through as fast as I did. The lady told me the automated system transfers calls to these direct lines, so you are essentially jumping in line before the automated line transfers another call to them.

Old 04-07-2020, 11:02 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,158,096 times
The number one thing is SLOW THE EFF DOWN WHEN YOU’RE ANSWERING QUESTIONS.

almost every time there’s a “hold” or a an issue I’d because you screwed up certifying with some “see, what had happened was...” story instead of streamlining it.

Old 04-07-2020, 01:59 PM

268 posts, read 218,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLW1280 View Post
"We fully intend to begin issuing this compensation the end of the week of April 5th, 2020. The $600 will be a separate payment from your usual Unemployment benefits and will be retroactive to the week ending March 29th, 2020."
hmm changed the wording--"We fully intend to begin issuing the additional $600/week compensation the end of the week of April 5, for payment of week of March 29th benefits. It will be a separate payment from your regular unemployment benefit, and will be available to those receiving benefits until July 31, 2020.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:26 AM

94 posts, read 64,380 times
Ok I have an update. I finally reached someone at (609) 984-2296. I started calling around 8:05 within 15 min I was on the phone with someone. I have a federal claim so she told me she was pushing my claim to the lady who was in charge of approving them so she could get me paid out. She says the lady will call me but I’m hoping she will look at my claim and just approve me since my claims been opened since February. I say that to say keep trying on the phone guys. I’ve been calling for over a week but finally got a slither of hope I’ll be getting paid out soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment