Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 01:10 AM

18 posts, read 28,195 times

Advertisements

I applied june 23 2019 3 weeks after interview was scheduled but I didn't take the phone interview. I put down assignment completed, was let go after they had approve my leave of absence when my doctor give me the return to work paper, they send me a email that my continue leave of absence was not approved. Then I ask if I was fired and they didn't respond but there company policy states if your leave of absence is not approved your let go. Do I have any chance of getting unemployment I been sending my certification s inn. I haven't received my appeal or why i was desqualify... My interview was July 24 but I didn't answer... My certification was pending since the day of 21of july but today it changed to disqualification on my certification s... Aug1. Just looking for some help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 10:02 PM

I recently became unemployed I have an active account with the unemployment from last year what could I do am unable to reopen a new claim or continue certifying so what are my options thank you for your help....
UI Online Home
Notifications
Maximum Benefits Paid

You have received all benefits payable to you at this time. You cannot file another California Unemployment Insurance claim until your current benefit year ends.
Claim Summary
Last Payment Issued
$190.00 on 12/13/2019

Claim Balance
$0.00

Weekly Benefit Amount
$266.00

Benefit Year
06/23/2019 - 06/20/2020

Work Search Requirements
You must be able and available for work and look for full-time work each week.

Week 1 Certification Status
Not Paid for week ending 12/07/2019

Week 2 Certification Status
N/A

Back to Top Contact EDD Conditions of Use Privacy Policy Accessibility
Copyright © 2018 State of California

Old 04-01-2020, 10:15 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,157,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unemploymenthelp View Post
I recently became unemployed I have an active account with the unemployment from last year what could I do am unable to reopen a new claim or continue certifying so what are my options thank you for your help....
UI Online Home
Notifications
Maximum Benefits Paid

You have received all benefits payable to you at this time. You cannot file another California Unemployment Insurance claim until your current benefit year ends.
Claim Summary
Last Payment Issued
$190.00 on 12/13/2019

Claim Balance
$0.00

Weekly Benefit Amount
$266.00

Benefit Year
06/23/2019 - 06/20/2020

Work Search Requirements
You must be able and available for work and look for full-time work each week.

Week 1 Certification Status
Not Paid for week ending 12/07/2019

Week 2 Certification Status
N/A

You're stuck on hold until CA implements a way to trigger the PUA 13 week extension.

In your case, this could be perfect to carry into a lag year claim if you have qualified earnings between 12/13/19 and your last separation.

Editing to add:

CA UI Online is updating their system tomorrow night between 8PM and Midnight - I think we'll see a lot of the other changes coming through at that time.

Last edited by Skipito; 04-01-2020 at 10:32 PM..

Old 04-02-2020, 04:44 PM

Thank you. I'll keep you updated if anything changes thanks for your for the help.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I'll keep you updated if anything changes thanks for your for the help.
nothing change...

Old 04-04-2020, 07:20 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,157,885 times
Quote:
nothing change...
I know man, I’m sorry. I was really hoping for something to be there for this.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipito View Post
You're stuck on hold until CA implements a way to trigger the PUA 13 week extension.

In your case, this could be perfect to carry into a lag year claim if you have qualified earnings between 12/13/19 and your last separation.

Editing to add:

CA UI Online is updating their system tomorrow night between 8PM and Midnight - I think we'll see a lot of the other changes coming through at that time.

Nothing has changed

Certify for Benefits
Notifications
Maximum Benefits Paid

The claimants participating in the following UI programs will not be able to certify for benefits online at this time but can access all other online services on UI Online:
Notice of Reduced Earnings (DE 2063)
Notice of Reduced Earnings (Fisherperson) (DE 2063F)
Pacific Maritime Association Partial Evidence of Payment Form (PMA 2063)
Payment Certification (Work Sharing) (DE 4581WS)
Initial Claim and Payment Certification (Work Sharing Employer) (DE 4511WS)
To be eligible for UI benefits you must:
be unemployed through no fault of your own,
be able to work and available for work,
be willing to accept suitable work and be actively looking for work, and
submit a certification for each week that you want to receive benefits.
When certifying, you will be asked to answer a series of questions to assist the EDD in determining if you meet the eligibility requirements. If all eligibility requirements are met, a benefit payment will be issued. You may be asked to answer additional questions to provide more information with your certification. Having this information allows the EDD to review your eligibility for benefits more quickly based on the information you provide. If there is a question as to whether you will be eligible for payment, a phone appointment will be scheduled.

Resources
Understanding the Continued Claim Certification Questions
Certifying for Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits
Eligibility for Unemployment Insurance Benefits

Old 04-07-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Not Eligible to File New Claim

You are not eligible to file a new claim at this time. To access your account, select "Continue to UI Online" and then select “Register or Manage" for UI Online.

Old 04-09-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
If you exhausted your benefits before 3/29/2020 you don’t get ****.
From what i recall the cares act states if you exhausted benefits AFTER 7/29/2019 and on you will get the extension. This will leave a lot of people uncovered.
Latest News
We have reviewed the federal CARES Act and are pleased to report that the EDD has launched a new Pandemic Unemployment Assistance page to keep you informed of eligibility requirements and the around-the-clock effort to build this new program. This complex program to serve those who don’t usually qualify for regular Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, including businesses and the self-employed, has to be developed and could rival the size of the current UI program EDD administers for unemployed workers.

The EDD will also keep you posted on the CARES Act provision establishing a new 13-week extension of benefits paid for by the federal government when someone exhausts their regular state UI claim between March 29, 2020 and the end of 2020. This too also requires an extensive effort to implement these new extended benefits.

For more detailed updates, visit Worker Resources or Employer Resources.

Old 04-09-2020, 04:20 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,146 times
Quote:

They do that every Thursday though and so far nothing changes.

Maybe this time will be different since states supposedly received instructions from the Feds on Sunday?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment