Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 01:56 PM

268 posts, read 211,498 times

Advertisements

Based on the above, it doesn't sound like anyone has definitively told you that it's a problem yet, so I would wait until an issue is raised when you meet with your counselor.

If you're told that you're no longer qualified (unless you have 20 hours or something else), then at least you can reference this information and specifically how you're approved under 1269.

If they do tell you you're not qualified for CTB/TE, definitely report back with any details of why and we can cross that bridge then.

As mentioned above, while your CTB/TE should not be affected, I have no idea if/how having less than 20 hours of class might affect WIOA funding. It may/may not--the references listed above don't say anything about it, but WIOA may have its own set of rules separate from UI benefits.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 12:29 PM

8 posts, read 11,084 times
Update:

I met with my counselor yesterday and you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT Milezsmmilez, I do NOT have the 20 hour/week minimum as it was approved under 1269. While I understand my counselor's intention to get me thru the program as quickly as possibly, but I felt that she should have advised me of this (but then again, she does not work me :-))...

So UI benefits continue AS IS until the funds run out. I will work with my school to obtain an updated "course schedule" as I have decided to just take 1 course per semester and continue my job search.

Again, THANK YOU for responding to my inquiry. It's greatly appreciated!

Old 10-18-2018, 09:18 AM

268 posts, read 211,498 times
Glad to hear the meeting went well and that you are all set. Does taking less than full-time coursework affect the WIOA funding? Good luck with your training.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:27 PM

8 posts, read 11,084 times
It does not. For as long as I can obtain an updated coursework/program schedule from the school, my case manager will submit it to the EDD. WIOA will also continue to pay for the courses even if I am already EMPLOYED, which is really awesome.

Thank you! I'm 5 weeks into a 12 week semester and everything is going well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment