Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 11:43 AM

15 posts, read 94,323 times

Advertisements

I filed for UE last Tuesday and today my claim showed up online. It says status Pended, and to call a claim agent and for my monetary benefit amounts they're all zeroes.

Now, it was a seasonal position that ended Dec 17th, and my only covered employment income this year was from this last quarter (I work for myself the rest of the year). My total income just crossed the threshold of $7300 (7306).

I'm thinking it's just because they haven't gotten any notice back from my employer? I know for a fact my income wouldn't be in the state's electronic records yet, since it's all from this quarter. Plus it's only been 4 business days. I have a feeling I'll need to fax some pay-stubs, which is fine since I saved all of them.

I was just wondering if anyone could shed any more light on this before I call.

I actually think I'll go to a One Stop Center near me on Friday, that seems the most efficient way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 11:50 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,083,682 times
You can NEVER get a claim with income from the current quarter. However, you may get benefits with income from this quarter if you reapply after the quarter is over, and that is Jan 4, 2015.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:32 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
You can NEVER get a claim with income from the current quarter. However, you may get benefits with income from this quarter if you reapply after the quarter is over, and that is Jan 4, 2015.
Actually, NJ's ABP #2 will consider earnings to date of discharge.

Quote:
To be eligible for unemployment benefits, you must have worked at least 20 base weeks in covered employment or you must have earned $7,300.

Alternate Base Year #2 consists of the three most recently completed calendar quarters preceding the date of the claim and weeks in the filing quarter up to the date of the claim. This alternative base year will contain less than 52 weeks.

Department of Labor and Workforce Development | What is Needed to Qualify? Did You Earn Enough?
So, current quarter isn't his issue. More likely, up-to-date earnings are not in NJ's database.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:08 PM

I'm so glad you're here. Is NJ the only state that will do this? If so, then that's the risk of me relying on what happens in the states I'm familiar with and generalizing.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:17 PM

Thanks, I knew that my claim was valid based on the Alternate Base Year - Chyvan look here: Department of Labor and Workforce Development | What is Needed to Qualify? Did You Earn Enough?

If NJ doesn't have my earnings in the database (I'm sure they don't) will they automatically go to my employer? Or will I need to fax pay stubs?

Old 12-31-2014, 01:21 PM

Chyvan,

http://www.nelp.org/page/-/UI/Altern...e%20Period.pdf

Old 12-31-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockyboy View Post
If NJ doesn't have my earnings in the database (I'm sure they don't) will they automatically go to my employer? Or will I need to fax pay stubs?
They can do either, but it will be so much faster if you fax the pay stubs. You probably don't even have to fax them all if your last one has YTD information.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:50 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
Is NJ the only state that will do this? If so, then that's the risk of me relying on what happens in the states I'm familiar with and generalizing.
I always thought NJ was unique in their ABP #2, until I learned this past year or so there are more than a few states - specifically I can't recall which right now - but even some red states, believe it or not - which will take earnings to the date of discharge. So, I usually always look up ABPs for states we don't hear about a lot, because there are some surprises out there.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:36 PM

Does anybody have a good fax # in NJ for faxing pay stubs? I have (609) 633-2884 customer service # for general claim inquiries, I guess I'll use this unless someone has something better. Thanks.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:15 AM

Default Status still pended, Claiming Benefits?

My UE claim is still pended in NJ, I faxed my Pay Stubs Friday to 2 separate numbers but the system still has zeroes for monetary benefit. I've tried calling but haven't gotten a human being yet. With the 2 holidays it still is only 8 working days. The zeroes are because my work just ended, and they most likely had to ask my employer for wage records.

Now today is supposed to be the day I claim for the first time (according to the NJ website, 17 days after my date of claim 12/21/14), but I haven't gotten a monetary determination letter or anything stating when my first day to claim is. I did get the general booklet, but that's it.

Should I claim today anyway? Is there any penalty for claiming early?

If it's still the same status on Friday I'll go to the nearest UE office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment