Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 11:50 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times

Advertisements

No penalty for claiming early. You claim if the system allows. Chances are your claim hasn't completed processing yet and system won't allow a claim, as NJ has no record of earnings.

Further,

Per https://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...our-first.html
Quote:
PLEASE DO NOT START A NEW THREAD EVERY TIME YOU HAVE A NEW QUESTION. Rather, once you have started a thread you should continue to contribute to that thread any time you have a comment or question regarding your original topic.
I have asked mod to merge your thread into the one you began two days ago, here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...ed-status.html

Any further Qs on this claim, please confine to your original thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 12:02 PM

15 posts, read 94,311 times
How long would you say pended statuses take to be resolved, in NJ? I entered my claim on 12/23 and may status updated to pended on 12/30, so I'm going with 8 working days since it was first processed.

Again, really the only issue is getting my wage records from my employer, although I did fax in my pay stubs a week ago.

Calling and getting a human being has been impossible, no matter when I call.

If I my status doesn't change by next Friday, I guess I'll go to the nearest UE office and see if that works.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
How long would you say pended statuses take to be resolved, in NJ?
Depends on the circumstances of the discharge and other issues in the claim. For many people, especially when employer response raises questions, it takes six-eight weeks at least.

For you, so far it's only been 19 days - not even three weeks. Generally, in NJ, if there are no issues, payments don't begin for at least three weeks after date of filing - earliest.

Keep in mind, NJ not only needs to verify wages, it also needs a response from your employer on the separation. NJ may or may not want an interview on the separation depending on employer response. If NJ wants an interview, there would be no payment until interview is done. NJ routinely takes up to six weeks to schedule an interview with another week or ten days before a decision is rendered.

You will know more in the next week or ten days on whether further investigation is needed.

If NJ does not want an interview and can verify these wages, you might be seeing some money in the next couple of weeks.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:01 PM

Thanks. It was a seasonal position, so the reason for termination shouldn't be an issue. I guess the process just takes a while.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:07 PM

Today I checked my claim status online and it said I have a monetary interview setup for two weeks from Today at 9:20 AM. I know sometimes they get the information beforehand and don't need to call, but we'll see.

A possible reason for the interview is since I work for myself most of the year, this was my first covered employment and I just qualified at $7306, so they may just want to make sure everything is above board.

Two questions: My last paycheck was a bonus of 3 extra days pay, based on attendance during my employment. The last 12 weeks were busy season and each 4 week period of perfect attendance earned one extra days pay, and I earned all three. It paid at the same time as my last regular check (so the last week I got 2 checks). Now my company said they've never heard of this not counting toward earnings (it has a very seasonal workforce so my situation isn't their first), but I just want to confirm it does.

Second, since I claimed for the first time last week should I keep claiming each week? I know in NJ you are encouraged to file weekly.

Old 01-12-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockyboy View Post
my company said they've never heard of this not counting toward earnings (it has a very seasonal workforce so my situation isn't their first), but I just want to confirm it does.

Second, since I claimed for the first time last week should I keep claiming each week?
If bonus is paid on W-2, that bonus counts towards earnings. Keep all your paystubs in the event NJ wants verification, since you're just over the $7,300 mark.

Claim each week. NJ cannot pay claims for weeks not in its system - and NJ will not pay retro if you forget to claim or skip a week or two.

Always - keep claiming weekly.

Old 01-12-2015, 03:20 PM

Thanks again. Hopefully I get my W2 before the interview, I think that would make things easier.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:01 AM

I went to check my claim status this morning and my interview notice disappeared. I don't know whether that's due to the impending blizzard, that they have my info or just because it's scheduled in 20 minutes. We'll see. Although if the system was updated there must be people working today.

My W2 info was just made available online so they should be able to get it now.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:10 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mockyboy View Post
because it's scheduled in 20 minutes.
We had a thread that documented this before. On the day of your interview, whether you get called or not, the notification disappears. This is normal and means nothing.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:16 AM

Thanks. 3 minutes after I posted that, they called. My claim was approved and the
lady said the money would be in my account Wednesday. She confirmed my dates, where I worked and that was it. It was more of a heads up if anything.

my claim online still shows all 0's but I think takes 24 hours to update.

Last edited by mockyboy; 01-26-2015 at 07:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment