Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 02:36 PM

15 posts, read 38,142 times

Advertisements

Seems like so many in NJ are in the dark about this 22% benefit cut. For me its disastrous considering I was getting a larger amount per week. So just a clarification...this week is the last week to get a full payment or will it take effect this week?? I claim on Sunday, and the site is not very clear as to the exact first date of the benefit cut.

Also, this is supposed to end Sept 28?? opinions on after that. I am on a work search waiver while I finish up my degree full time so you can imagine that I need to stretch this out as long as possible. One Stop Career already told me that I can apply for ABT when I exhaust everything, and I'm assuming that is at my normal rate and hasn't been effected by the sequester. NJ are bastards for waiting so long to implement this cut. I know 22% is going to really hurt folks. The job market here is horrible unless you are in finance or healthcare. However, they are making cuts left and right in healthcare over the past year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 05:02 PM

25,633 posts, read 56,825,752 times
Your benefits will be cut beginning the week ending 7/6. Sept. 28th is the scheduled end date, but if Congress is still in a stall, these cuts may be extended.

More discussion on the sequester, generally, here. There are variances among the states on amounts and end dates.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...estration.html

You need to do a cost-benefit analysis. Would you have been better off having your benefits cut 10.7% beginning week ending April 6 - or waiting three months and having them cut 22.2% now?

For those just finishing up EUC, they've gotten off easy in NJ. If you're just beginning EUC, yes, it is unfair.

The goal was to affect as few claimants as possible, imo, which is why the high unemployment states delayed the cuts.

Read the above thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment