Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 12:23 PM

24 posts, read 66,193 times

Advertisements

I am in week 5 of Tier II of my MA unemplyment benefits. My original claim expired 3/31 after a year being active and I called and filed a new claim. I had not worked since the original claim was filed. I was told by the agent that my benefit would revert back to my old claim and my benefit amount would remain the same for the remainder of my unemployment.

I went on line to file for my weekly benefit today and this is what I got:
"Based on the information we have received, you have not earned enough money to qualify for benefits. A notice explaining your monetary determination has been mailed to you."

This is contrary to what I was told. I was told I'd be receiveing my same benefit for the remainder of my unemployment even though I didn't work since the original claim.

Will I get my benefit check this week or do I have to call them again to straighten this out? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 12:29 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,507,533 times
MA's computers have not yet updated your claim recertification. The message on not qualifying is standard before the old claim is reopened and benefits are continued. Give the computers a couple of days to catch up. Try to claim again on Monday or Tuesday. If you are still not successful, call MA.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
MA's computers have not yet updated your claim recertification. The message on not qualifying is standard before the old claim is reopened and benefits are continued. Give the computers a couple of days to catch up. Try to claim again on Monday or Tuesday. If you are still not successful, call MA.
I called them on Tuesday and filed on the day I was supposed to...Sunday. You might think that would be enough time to update the claim. I usually file on Sunday...the amount is paid on Monday and is in my account on Tuesday. I can only call them Tuesday because they go according to the last digit in the SSN on what day you can call. As soon as they see your last digit doesn't match the day...you get dumped. I'll see if it is in my account Tuesday AM and then if not, I will call them for sure. Thank you for your reply.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:25 AM

As I expected, nothing deposited in my bank account this morning, so someone obviously dropped the ball. I don't know why they have to play these paperwork games and confuse the issue which is already confusing at best. Would it be too simple to let people claim until they either run out or found a job and stop claiming?

Old 04-10-2012, 04:44 AM

878 posts, read 1,654,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob R View Post
Would it be too simple to let people claim until they either run out or found a job and stop claiming?
Probably.

The same thing happened to me in GA after my 2nd layoff... took a week to get straightened out then I resumed my benefits from the prior claim.

I landed a job 4 months later in WA and left the south never to return.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:28 PM

Called this morning and no one admitted screwing up, but I was told a check for last week would be mailed to me today and that I can start filing on line again this week. So much for all the info they've had on me for 52 weeks including how to direct deposit my check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment