Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 01:03 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,910,101 times

Advertisements

Do you every see what's going on with Jon and Kate happening to the Duggars? I mean, they are some religious freaks, but it seems to be working out for them. As for Jon and Kate, I can see her drying up the money and living with all them kids, like back in her trailer park days.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:31 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,297,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Do you every see what's going on with Jon and Kate happening to the Duggars? I mean, they are some religious freaks, but it seems to be working out for them. As for Jon and Kate, I can see her drying up the money and living with all them kids, like back in her trailer park days.

Religious freaks? Thats nice

Old 05-31-2009, 02:06 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,217,691 times
I they have 2 VERY different marriages from the start. I think J & K have had a lot of factors working against them from the start - married young, kids young, way more kids than they planned for, personality traits that clash. The money and being in the spotlight put them over the edge, IMO. The Duggers seem to work better as a team. actually, in their marriage, the man is in charge I guess, but that seems to work for them. They planned for all the kids that they have, and having one/year seems to work out better than having 6 at one time. Only one infant to care for at a time, and older ones to help out. They seem so used to living on a budget, buying 2nd hand, and doing without, the money doesn't seem to be affecting them.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:15 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,709,584 times
The Duggars are very religious but so be it. I like them I would no way no way no way want there life but I like seeing smart well behaved kids

Old 05-31-2009, 02:30 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,136,701 times
there is no comparison--mr dugger is a man committed to his family-----
jon is a kid that kate had to push along to act like a man and he never could---nor is he there for the kids like he claims

Old 05-31-2009, 03:14 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,210,846 times
There is no comparison to these 2 families~~

~~one did it naturally having children
~~one did it by artificial means
~~one truly works together as a family
~~one is screaming chaos
~~one did it for the love of family
~~one did it for the love of money
~~one lives within their means by what they have earned
~~one lives above their means with what has been given to them
~~one has helpful polite children/young adults
~~one has yelling/hitting each other/sign to the camera children
~~one honors their spouses
~~one not so much

J&K will lose it all and be a drain on society once it is gone wait and see.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:49 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,529,332 times
~~one treats her husband with love and respect
~~one treats her husband like dog****
~~one does not care about materialistic gains
~~one can't seem to get enough free stuff

Old 05-31-2009, 04:24 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,297,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
~~one can't seem to get enough free stuff

I dont watch the show but saw a show where they compared how she dressed and looked in the Discovery Health Special and early on to what she looks like now. It's pretty clear she loves the attention she gets from the show.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:07 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,163,947 times
Honestly, it's become painful to watch either of them.

Unless the Duggers have donated all the money they've made from TLC to charity, they have also profited by having an excessive number of children. At least Kate has ellimated the possibility of having more.

One couple does appear to be nicer to each other than the other, but they also make their daughters to wear those ugly skirts - now that's abuse.

IMO, they are both exploiting their children by putting them in front of cameras - the children have no voice, and to say that it will not have a negative effect on them is naive.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:15 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,217,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
Honestly, it's become painful to watch either of them.

Unless the Duggers have donated all the money they've made from TLC to charity, they have also profited by having an excessive number of children. At least Kate has ellimated the possibility of having more.

One couple does appear to be nicer to each other than the other, but they also make their daughters to wear those ugly skirts - now that's abuse.

IMO, they are both exploiting their children by putting them in front of cameras - the children have no voice, and to say that it will not have a negative effect on them is naive.
What I find odd about the Duggers having a TV show is that they watch hardly any TV them selves. I wouldn't think they'd be into being on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV