Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:00 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,048,419 times

Advertisements

I'm a depressed Jay Leno fan right now and it would not have been as painful if Conan wasn't the last guest. Jay Leno wasn't on the last Show of Johnny Carson so why was the red headed goofball on Jay's show?

And if Leno is staying with NBC next fall why is he still not on the Tonight Show?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 12:13 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,693,433 times
I have tried very hard to watch Conan, to try to see what other people see in him, and all I can think when watching is - "What an idiot!" Like so many so-called comedians today, O'Brien merely has good friends and a good publicist. Why didn't they just go with Carrot-Top?

At least Leno has class, and a comedic style that gets a good response. Things O'Brien thinks he has but doesn't. Say good bye to "The Tonight Show". Listening to crickets and tree frogs at night will be far more entertaining. I hope NBC gets used to the sound.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
I have tried very hard to watch Conan, to try to see what other people see in him, and all I can think when watching is - "What an idiot!" Like so many so-called comedians today, O'Brien merely has good friends and a good publicist. Why didn't they just go with Carrot-Top?

At least Leno has class, and a comedic style that gets a good response. Things O'Brien thinks he has but doesn't. Say good bye to "The Tonight Show". Listening to crickets and tree frogs at night will be far more entertaining. I hope NBC gets used to the sound.

He is the Worst, I had no adea this fool started his show a year after Jay Leno

Old 05-30-2009, 12:52 PM

Just realized that Conan will be opposite David Letterman now and I feel real good about this because it's a chance that the Tonight Show ratings will go down.

Come on Dave!!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 04:02 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,351,267 times
Leno has never been funny.

Why can't you just avoid Conan and watch Leno's new show?

Old 05-30-2009, 04:28 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,511,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Leno has never been funny.

Why can't you just avoid Conan and watch Leno's new show?
Anybody that doesn't gets Conan's humor is an old fart. And we ALL know that old farts usually can't make it past the 11pm news...so the Leno Variety Show at 10pm (starting this fall) will be good for them...kind of like when my grandparents used to watch Lawrence Welk.

Leno stole his best bits from Howard Stern. He always wanted to attract Howard's market and even stole John "The Stutterer" Melendez from him, hoping to pick up some of his market. Poor John...wtf is that guy gonna do now????

Old 05-30-2009, 06:05 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,512,751 times
Be cool my babies! Conan bashing is something for me to poop on!

Old 05-30-2009, 06:40 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,767,621 times
Oh jeez. Enough with all the moaning. You thought Jay was gonna go on forever? Or at the very least go as long as Johnny? It wasn't going to happen. Just like Carson fans had to move on when he left, so will Leno fans. Find something else to look at when 11:30 comes rolling around. With cable and satellite companies offering over 200 channels it should be easy. Or go to sleep.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
Oh jeez. Enough with all the moaning. You thought Jay was gonna go on forever? Or at the very least go as long as Johnny? It wasn't going to happen. Just like Carson fans had to move on when he left, so will Leno fans. Find something else to look at when 11:30 comes rolling around. With cable and satellite companies offering over 200 channels it should be easy. Or go to sleep.

The Difference was Johnny's departure was his decision, Jay is being replaced nd it wasn't his decision

Old 05-30-2009, 07:45 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,747 times
It really doesn't matter I didn't think Leno was that funny I like Letterman but either of them drag me in every night. I understand that Leno will be on at 10;00 that I 'm not sure about. Conan I never found him funny. I will tell who is terrible and that is Jimmy Fallon. Conan/Letterman we will see I think it just who people like. I tend to watch who has someone on that I want to see. Johnny was a icon and Jay Leno is not Carson so the show has not really been the Tonight Show like it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV