Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 02:05 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,212,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Awesome episode this week! I swear, this show just keeps getting better. I can honestly say I like it better than The X-Files, and that's saying a lot....
Speaking of the "X-Files", was that the Peacock house in this weeks episode? Sure reminded me of the Peacock's house! Who could forget that eppie????

I agree, this show just keeps getting better and better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 09:42 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,103,614 times
fringe is an awesome show or could be I just like the lead charecters . I like the one guy cause he was in dawson creek and the girl she is a canadian actress I believe and she is also awesome .

Old 09-27-2009, 05:56 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,767,621 times
Anna Torv is actually an Aussie. But does a damn good job

Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,700,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Speaking of the "X-Files", was that the Peacock house in this weeks episode? Sure reminded me of the Peacock's house! Who could forget that eppie????

I agree, this show just keeps getting better and better!
That was the single scariest X-Files episode ever, IMO! I had bad dreams about it. It could be the same house. Maybe a sly nod to us X-Files fans...

Old 09-29-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
That was the single scariest X-Files episode ever, IMO! I had bad dreams about it. It could be the same house. Maybe a sly nod to us X-Files fans...
That's what I was thinking, lovemaine. Part of my brain wishes I had never seen that eppie because I can not get it out! Scariest and ickiest ever! Pretty ironic that a really icky Fringe is set there too! Glad to know someone else remembers the Peacock family and reacted the same to boot! I couldn't even guess at how many years ago that was now but it still seems so fresh in my memory somewhere.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
That's what I was thinking, lovemaine. Part of my brain wishes I had never seen that eppie because I can not get it out! Scariest and ickiest ever! Pretty ironic that a really icky Fringe is set there too! Glad to know someone else remembers the Peacock family and reacted the same to boot! I couldn't even guess at how many years ago that was now but it still seems so fresh in my memory somewhere.
Hey, we even have the same status! I swear I didn't copy you!

When I think of the X-Files, or if someone mentions the show, that episode always pops into my mind. The actual title of that ep was "Home". It first aired during the 4th season (13 years ago!):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_(The_X-Files)

(Please don't have nightmares!)

If I remember correctly, after that eppie aired, Fox (TV, not Mulder ) received many complaints and didn't air that episode for several years....

Last edited by lovemaine; 09-29-2009 at 08:55 PM..

Old 09-30-2009, 08:24 AM

13 years ago! OMG! That's terrible! Plus it was season 4 so X-Files started 17 years ago?? I wasn't even 40!!! That's so sad. Thanks for the real name of the eppie.

LOL, that's okay about the status...great minds think alike!

Can't wait for the next eppie of Fringe! Tomorrow night, right? What ever, I have my DVR set to record it. I just saw the actor who was the main baddie last season, Dr. Smith, was it? He played another psycho in L&O:SVU. He does bad guys so well!

Old 09-30-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
13 years ago! OMG! That's terrible! Plus it was season 4 so X-Files started 17 years ago?? I wasn't even 40!!! That's so sad. Thanks for the real name of the eppie.

LOL, that's okay about the status...great minds think alike!

Can't wait for the next eppie of Fringe! Tomorrow night, right? What ever, I have my DVR set to record it. I just saw the actor who was the main baddie last season, Dr. Smith, was it? He played another psycho in L&O:SVU. He does bad guys so well!
Yes, Fringe tomorrow night! Can't wait! I'm surprised my DVR hasn't started smoking yet with all the shows I'm recording. FlashForward at 8, Fringe and Grey's at 9. Thursday is a big night!

I quit watching SVU last season. I used to watch it, but had to cut down on shows this year since there are so many good ones. I'll probably catch up on reruns once the season ends...

Old 09-30-2009, 11:34 AM

I quit SVU a couple of years ago myself. I watch it on USA, TNT, wherever it happens to be found now. They don't show them in sequence but I see a lot of them that I haven't since giving it up. That's how I saw "Dr. Smith" last night in SVU. Too many good shows on one darned night!

Old 10-02-2009, 07:28 PM

I haven't watched last night's Fringe yet. (Hurray for DVR!) But I did just read in Entertainment Weekly that Fringe has lost 35% of its viewers from last season because of the move to Thursday. The competition in that time slot is too fierce. I REALLY hope that the network moves Fringe back to Tuesdays. I would hate to see this show go because of a dumb programming move... It's just too good!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV