Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 09:45 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,099 times

Advertisements

Like I said if you have te talent you will make it if you are 1 or 7. Saving will not matter. Some who made to the number 1 haven't faired that well and others who didn't make it so far have done better. It is a new idea as they know in the last years the numbers for rating are down, so they have to keep it fresh. Last year was like watching paint dry. THose two David's were not that great and I don't see either of them going on to great things. I really think Carrie Underwood will be the one that stands the test of time. By that I mean you can be this great star awhile and then you fall. Look at Kelly she isn't as big as she was a few years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 10:19 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,601,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I think I like the rule change. I always though Chris Daughtry should have made it to the end and then Michael Johns from last season.
I like the rule change. I agree, perhaps it would've saved Chris Daughtry.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:51 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,898 times
Ryan Seacrest has said a couple of times this season that just because the person you like is popular don't think you can skip voting for them and they will be fine. We can't possibly know why people like Daughtry went home early, but I took the judges safe vote to be for something along those lines.

That being said, I kind of agree with those that said maybe it was a good thing for Daughtry to be voted off. I saw him last year in concert with Bon Jovi and he was fantastic.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:11 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,134,029 times
proves my humble opinion that the MOST vocally proficient DOES NOT usually win!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 06:17 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,847,325 times
Has anyone actually ever called in and gotten through to vote? My fiance has tried many times and ALWAYS gets a busy signal. I think it's rigged... need to bring the inspector from Slumdog Millionaire in and see if he can get anything out of Ryan...

Old 03-12-2009, 07:47 PM

291 posts, read 870,312 times
I have gotten through to vote many times in the past...but haven't even tried this year. We were turned off by Idol having that Kanye West on to perform and also the Kelly Clarkson song seemed crude...
Used to love Idol, but not so sure this year....

Old 03-12-2009, 09:28 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,486,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNesters View Post
I have gotten through to vote many times in the past...but haven't even tried this year. We were turned off by Idol having that Kanye West on to perform and also the Kelly Clarkson song seemed crude...
Used to love Idol, but not so sure this year....
I didn't like Kelly's song either. I think Kelly has actually gotten worse since she won. I thought some of the top 12 sing better than her. I used to really like her, but I think because she was in american Idol 1st year she made it. A year or two later I don't think she would of. Carrie Underwood has really surpased anyone in and year. She is amazing...and she sings the going home song when they get eliminated and it's pretty good.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:19 PM

259 posts, read 823,339 times
Don't pay much attention to the show. But its nice to see Matt still on there from KZoo! Watched him play a lot before here.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:48 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,649,909 times
Call me crazy, but I thought kelly clarkson did a good job singing. I was more concerned with the way she looked. haven't really seen her in a while, but she looked like she had added quite a few pounds. I know she was never a skinny thing, but she sure looked big to me. ( and I am not a skinny thing either!)

Old 03-14-2009, 07:33 PM

62 posts, read 159,791 times
I was SO enthusiastic about Adam Lambert, until I went on Vote For the Wort's website. They have pics there that supposedly came from My Space or Facebook, of Adam and other guys doing some very disgusting and disturbing poses....and Adam dressed like a woman.

I realize Adam is gay, and that was not an issue with me at all. But the pictures were disturbing, and I'm really hoping that they're fake (but they looked real).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV