Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:36 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,574 times

Advertisements

Anything sound interesting?

DRAMA

Section 8: Everyday people with exceptional neurological abilities recruited to work for a secret branch of a government agency.

Life on Mars: A story about a 21st century detective who, after a car crash, mysteriously finds himself working as a cop in the 1970s — based on the BBC’s sci-fi crime drama.

The Mentalist: A mentalist uses his skills of observation to solve crimes as an independent detective working with the police.

Ny-Lon: A female New York record store clerk and a male London stock broker embark on a cross-continental romance — based on a British series. The British Series starred Rashida Jones (The Office).

Mythological X: After learning from a psychic that she already has dated the man she’s supposed to marry, a woman revisits all her past relationships in the hopes of finding him.

Can Openers: Centers on a twenty-something woman and her fellow residents who fight to survive the intensely competitive boys club that is the seven-year neurosurgical residency.

The Kingdom: Medieval drama about four guys, one of whom is crowned king and reluctantly takes the throne despite preferring drinking and sex to procession and war.

The Meant to Be’s: Romantic drama about a young woman who dies, but in order to "pass over," she must return to Earth and help people improve their lives.

Eleventh Hour: A special science adviser to the government saves people from the worst abuses of science.

Flashpoint: A struggling artist is recruited by a secret agency to fight comic book-type villains developed by and shared with Canada’s CTV.

Tower: A group of Chicago reporters treat breaking news as cases to be both investigated and solved.

Harper’s Island: A horror story unfolds over the course of a season as a group of friends meet on an island off the Seattle coast for a destination wedding.

How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls: Yale-educated young woman is hired to be the live-in tutor/life coach to two rich heiresses in Palm Beach; based on Alloy’s book.

The Oaks: Follows the lives of three families, in different time periods, who all occupy the same house haunted by a restless spirit.

Fringe: Young, tough FBI agent is forced to confront the spread of unexplained phenomena and work with a XX scientist and his son

Queen B: Female workplace drama

Inseparable: A modern-day Jekyll and Hyde tale about a partially paralyzed forensic psychiatrist (Toby Stephens) with a split personality whose alter ego is a charismatic criminal.

Knight Rider: An updated version of the 1980’s television series.

Kings: A contemporary soap loosely based on the story of King David.

Blue Blood: Based on the 2004 bestselling autobiography by New York police officer Ed Conlon, the show is about a rookie NYPD officer who is a Harvard grad who decides to return to the family beat — law enforcement.

The Philanthropist: A hedonistic maverick with billions goes out of his way to help those in need.

Robinson Crusoe: A drama based on Daniel Defoe’s classic novel.

The Listener: he show centers on Toby Logan (Craig Olejnik) as a young, big-city paramedic withthe power to listen to people’s thoughts

COMEDY

The Goode Family: Animated comedy about a family obsessed with doing the "right" thing

Literary Superstars: Sexy and sassy literary publicist (Jenna Elfman) fights for the rights of her authors while balancing a busy social schedule

The More Things Change: A quartet of male friends explore how male friendships endure through change.

This Might Hurt: A single-camera comedy set at a private medical practice owned by a fifty-something pediatrician with a great bedside manner but woefully old-fashioned methods, his brainy internist son with whom he’s in constant conflict, and an OBGYN who has an inherent distrust of all men.

Worst Week: Young couple must navigate the politics of their soon-to-be in-laws during a family holiday

Single White Millionaire: Multi-camera comedy about an unassuming millionaire in his thirties who is ready to settle down.

My Best Friend’s Girl: The relationship between two male best friends becomes complicated when one starts dating the other’s ex-wife.

Ex Life: Carter Thomas moves into a shot-term housing complex populated primarily by divorced, after he is jilted and left at the alter.

Outnumbered: Parents struggle to raise three intelligent and curious children

The Pitts: Animated comedy based on Fox’s 2003 live-action comedy series about the unluckiest family in the world.

Saint of Circumstance: Centers on Wayne (David Denman), a man going through a midlife crisis who quits his dead-end office job to be a paramedic on the night shift.

Sit Down, Shut Up: Animated comedy about the lives of seven staff members at a high school in a small northeastern fishing town who are preoccupied with their own needs and agendas, which means the students always come second. Based on the live-action Australian series.

Spaced: Revolves around two strangers who pose as a married couple in order to rent an apartment and become intimately involved with the other misfits in the building.

Don’t Bring Frank: Frank Spencer is an overly energetic, under-coordinated guy whose every move precipitates havoc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 08:27 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,933 times
Wow, that's a huge list.
I don't know who in the world have time to watch all that!!!

I think i'll stick with my History, Discovery and Travel channells for now.
But thanks for posting the list..

Old 08-22-2008, 09:06 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
Where's that list from? Kath and Kim isn't on it, which is probably the show getting mst of the buzz right now.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:09 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
I'm going to give The Mentalist, Kath & Kim, and Knight Rider a shot. I'm still sad that Moonlight isn't coming back, but can't wait for Criminal Minds, Survivor and then 24 in January! So my schedule is limited for new shows.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:35 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,649,051 times
We thought the Fringe might be worth a look. and the eleventh hour show. We are looking forward to Prison Break, the shield and 24.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:12 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,803 times
Quote:
Nope. Maybe Fringe. But that's a big maybe, and for only one reason. I'm really not interested in any new show.. I'll probably just stick to my 2.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:26 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
"Flashpoint: A struggling artist is recruited by a secret agency to fight comic book-type villains developed by and shared with Canada’s CTV."

I think that is wrong. I already am watching "Flashpoint" on CBS Thursday nights at 10 edst. It's SWAT cop show! Nothing to do with comic books!

Old 08-22-2008, 11:27 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
The Eleventh Hour and Raising the Bar may prove to be interesting.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:32 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
I'll give Sons of Anarchy a try on FX.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:09 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,236,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV