Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:13 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,132,255 times

Advertisements

Did joel hodgens and trace bielu (form mst 3k) have anything to do with this show?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 02:12 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,332,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Loved that show. I was so sad they cancelled it!
Me too!

Nicolem

Old 08-26-2008, 04:43 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,068,796 times
I just remembered theres an F&G thread!

I havent seen the show in about a year, so I decided to re-rent it again. I get it tomorrow from Netflix.. cant wait.

Isnt it insane how so many years after this show ended, its still has such a strong following? It really is a shame it didnt go on for at least a few more seasons.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:26 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,004,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Excellent show. Has the star of it made any other movies ? He was perfect. I know the big sister was in "Scooby-Doo" movies. (I took my child, I HAD to go)

The show was made by the Judd Apatow crew which has made movies such as Knocked Up, Super Bad, Pineapple Express, etc.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:00 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,240,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
One of my all-time favorite series.

Entertainment Weekly rates it as one of the all-time best TV shows: The New Classics: TV | EW 1000: TV | TV | The EW 1000 | Entertainment Weekly (Although the fact that Survivor and Sex and the City made their Top 10 makes me wonder if they were smoking something illicit while making their list.)

Freaks and Geeks was a wonderfully written show with a great cast.

I agree with you on that list. How could Northern Exposure be at #84? Are you kidding me? Speaking of well written scipts with great cast members...

Old 08-28-2008, 06:12 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,068,796 times
I just saw episodes 1-3 last night. So good. So funny. Beers and Weirs is hilarious. I love a drunk Bill.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:49 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,190,278 times
Besides the Spiderman movies, James Franco is currently starring in Pineapple Express along with fellow F&G alums Seth Rogan and Steve Bannos.

Jason Segel was in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Knocked Up.

Sam's nerdy friend in F&G, Bill Haverchuck, was also in Superbad and Knocked Up - in Knocked Up he played the guy who had to grow out the long beard and get made fun of the whole movie.

Steve Bannos, who played Frank Kowchevski in F&G, was in The 40 Year Old Virgin, Superbad, and Pineapple Express.

Seth Rogan was in The 40 year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad and The Pineapple Express - he was also a writer and executive producer of all 4 films. He's currently working on a new film with Judd Apatow called Funny People.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,466,867 times
Default Freaks and Geeks Vanity Fair Article

Pretty good read with all the writes, actors and such. Really wish this show would have last 2 or 3 more seasons.

The Oral History of Freaks and Geeks | Vanity Fair

Old 12-06-2012, 06:23 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,656,798 times
I loved this article! It's being shared around Facebook today. It's funny the network wanted the kids to have "just one win" - for me, that would have felt so fake. Their tiny victories really were more real; they won with their friendships and growth. It really touches me that Judd Apatow works to hire those actors in his projects, and how he saw their potential.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:23 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,466,867 times
It really was a real show, its pretty sad that network tv doesn't think it needs shows like this. This show would have probably been a better fit for AMC, Bravo or something not Nothing But Crap NBC

One of the my favorite episodes was when the Geeks welcomed the new girl to hang out and sit with them at lunch, but as the school year went on she gradually became more popular and started sitting with all the cool kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV