Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2007, 10:13 AM

8,994 posts, read 20,419,450 times

Advertisements

Did I watch it last night.....yes!
Do I like it....yes!
Will I keep on watching it....yes!
I have always been a BIG Eric Estrada fan from the old "Chips" TV show days. We even have the movie, "Chips" '99 with most of the original cast from the old TV show in it.
What do you think???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2007, 10:43 AM

2,641 posts, read 7,447,815 times
I saw it last night when I wanted to unwind after a stressful day at work. If I got pulled over by any of them, I just won't take them seriously.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:43 AM

Years ago, I use to work "with" (not for) law enforcement as an EMT. Believe me, if I got pulled over by any of them, I would obey/respect them just as I would a any other Officer. And, just like any other Officer, they are wearing the badge, gun and would have the authority to "cuff me"! I wouldn't give any of them any "guff"......PERIOD.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:52 PM

After seeing the second episode of Armed & Famous, I'm not totally sure what to think. I mean, I think it was absolutely hilarious when some older woman walked up to the squad car that Eric was sitting in, tapped him on the shoulder and sort of scared him. What did she want? She told him that she use to watch "Chips" all the time on TV and wanted his autograph on her "boob"! He looked totally stunned until she pulled out a foam pad from her bra. As he signed it, he said, "this is a first for me". Him and his female partner laughed.
Also found out that the Producers of the show offered to pay the people who were arrested and also had them sign a waiver so they wouldn't have their faces blocked out. Also read that a Armed & Famous t-shirt was given to some people. I'm starting to wonder what other things were done on the show to help the show "look" realistic??? Is it me or is this show starting to look a little STUPID (golly, did I say that...stupid)?
Again, what is your take and do you have any more info on the "realism" of the show.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:25 AM

464 posts, read 753,714 times
My daughter started watching it and I got pulled in with her. I was on the fence about whether I like it or not. I did get a kick out of the lady with the boob. It wasn't foam, but looked like a prosthesis. Couldn't believe LaToya ran scared to the car because of a cat. I think she is a joke. Not sure about the others

Old 01-13-2007, 01:24 AM

892 posts, read 2,373,692 times
I have it recorded on my DVR (like tivo). Hopefully I will get a chance to watch it over the weekend and report back to you. It looked extremely stupid to me but my husband wants to check it out.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:44 AM

Yes, watching LaToya Jackson on this show is sort of like watching Jerry Springer on Dancing With The Stars......stupid???? What I'm wondering (I also told my wife this) is how the Producers of this show and the Muncie PD got Jack Osborne to stop saying the "f" word all the time. When I watched the Osborne family show on satillite TV once, the only one not cussing was Sharon. Jack Osborne has really come a long way with his personality if this is the way he is now.
Also, it would be sort of hard to believe that a guy like WeeMan was a cop. I remember the last show when he tried to get a lady to stop and talk to him in a store where it had been reported that she was shoplifting. The lady looked at him and said, "you're not a real cop". And, even though he does have the full uniform on of the Muncie PD, it could be extremely difficult following the orders of a guy (cop) as short as he is.
The wife and I will continue watching the show.....more out of curiousity than liking/interest in it. Actually, more people use to watch "Chips"/Eric Estrada than I thought did. A lot of the people in Muncie sure do recognize him and make him smile.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:01 PM

667 posts, read 2,891,271 times
As somewhat local, I will say that some of it is not going to be shown. I guess Eric Estrada got into a fight while on duty and is now getting sued over it.

Old 01-14-2007, 05:31 AM

Zig'sbird: As somewhat local, I will say that some of it is not going to be shown. I guess Eric Estrada got into a fight while on duty and is now getting sued over it.
Where did you get your info from about Eric??

Old 01-14-2007, 02:35 PM

667 posts, read 2,891,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Where did you get your info from about Eric??
It was all over the news here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV