Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 03:53 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times

Advertisements

So Rosie attacked Donald Trump over the Miss USA scandal for giving her a second chance and she did it while on The View, pulled her hair over in a mock combover, deepened her voice, and basically called him a moral degenerate who had no business molding the characters of young Americans as he'd had two previous wives, two affairs that broke up those marriages, and wasn't a good example himself... (the following is about the order of the escalation of insults as they flew back and forth, but may not be in exact order...I've lost track how this whole saga has unwound..)

Then Donald attacked Rosie as a butch lesbian with a mutt face, fat, unattractive, a business world failure, no talent big mouth, etc.

Then Rosie retaliated saying he'd failed as he'd been bankrupt.

Then Donald retaliated with threats of a libel suit as he's never been personally bankrupt.

Then Barbara Walters steps in on the show on The View saying she and Donald Trump were longtime friends and that she respects him greatly and that she hopes this will blow over.

Then Donald says that Barbara Walters told him that Rosie is a pig and that hiring her was a mistake.

Then apparently Rosie confronted Barbara Walters behind the scenes in a heated encounter and accused her of lying.

Then Barbara Walters said on The View that she was happy with Rosie O'Donnell and fully supported her.

Then Donald said that he had asked Barbara Walters how things were going with Rosie on The View a few months ago at Le Cirque restaurant and that Barbara had rolled her eyes and said "Donald, please don't ruin my lunch". And then something about those who lie with pigs get muddy or some such.

Then this morning Rosie brings the whole thing up again and puts Barbara on the spot and Barbara Walters says about Trump: "That poor pathetic man".

I think Rosie made a big mistake using the The View as a platform for her personal agenda and that should have been nipped in the bud. She attacked Trump with falsehoods on a nationally syndicated show. Barbara tried to smooth the waters publically, but didn't count on Trump exposing her private conversations about Rosie to him. He exposed her as a liar.

I think Barbara Walters is the problem here plus Rosie. Barbara got caught tangled in her own lies and exposed.
Rosie, in my view, is a talented comedienne and speaker, and when she's not roasting people, her wit and quickness are fun to watch. But, she's uncouth, sloppy, and inappropriate in my opinion and her initial and subsequent attacks on Trump were childish and unprofessional.

What makes this interesting to me, this whole saga, is that normally third parties step in on damage control and make nice in public to avoid scandal. In this case, they've all gone off the deep end in full public view and Barbara Walters has escalated it.

I hope Trump sues so that Barbara has to eat her lies in a court! That would be fun! I think Rosie knows that Barbara doesn't like her and believes Trump, but she hates him so much that she wants Barbara's public support.

What do you all think?

Last edited by MoMark; 01-10-2007 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 04:00 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
I agree with most of what you said but I don't think Trump should have exposed BW. Things that are said off camera amongst friends should be kept that way. I liked Rosie when she had her own show and I think it's great that she stands up for gay & lesbian rights but do we really need to hear her opinion about everything?

Old 01-10-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I agree with most of what you said but I don't think Trump should have exposed BW. Things that are said off camera amongst friends should be kept that way. I liked Rosie when she had her own show and I think it's great that she stands up for gay & lesbian rights but do we really need to hear her opinion about everything?
You're right about Trump having "outed" Barbara Walters as it were... I wonder why he did that too? He must have recognized that that would put her in an awkward position vis-a-vis the show....
But...since he did... it does make it all the more interesting!

Old 01-10-2007, 04:05 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
I think all parties involved should just drop this trivial stupidity. I don't watch The View (or much TV at all really) but it sounds as if it's sinking to the level of a Jerry Springer show or something. I think they should just stop attacking each other. It's no different from working with people you don't like. You still have to tolerate them, so you might as well either avoid each other or just be tolerable to one another.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:10 PM

138 posts, read 506,693 times
Default both at fault

Neither party should be aired in public.
What disappointing roll models they make for American youth!
mr. trump (CAPS show respect) is behaving like a spoiled brat. Now I understand the passage about a camel and the eye of a needle.

Along these lines did you see Oprah's show with the Johnson and Johnson heir and Buffett's granddaughter?? WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

Old 01-10-2007, 04:13 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Donald tries to help this country/economy by providing (albeit expensive) jobs, housing, etc. What does Rosie do besides sit on her fat butt and shove her opinions down everyones throat that watches the show? Yes, I know thats part of the show, to argue your viewpoint, but I think shes using that show to push her agenda further and further and further down our throats. She needs to get a life and leave successful business people alone. Yes, hes not a "moral compass", but is she?!?!? LOL I think we all know the answer to that.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:13 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
I didn't like when Rosie put her two cents in about the Regis & Kelly show either. She said Kelly was being homophobic when she said somthing to the American Idol singer (forgot his name) for putting his hand over her mouth. I don't watch any of these shows but I believe that's what happened? Anyway, how is that homophobic? I wouldn't want anyone to put their hand over my mouth either, it's disgusting if you don't know where someones hands have been.

Maybe Donald Trump hasn't been the model husband but that's between him & the women he dates & marries. Why did Rosie make comments about him anyway? I didn't get that.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I didn't like when Rosie put her two cents in about the Regis & Kelly show either. She said Kelly was being homophobic when she said somthing to the American Idol singer (forgot his name) for putting his hand over her mouth. I don't watch any of these shows but I believe that's what happened? Anyway, how is that homophobic? I wouldn't want anyone to put their hand over my mouth either, it's disgusting if you don't know where someones hands have been.

Maybe Donald Trump hasn't been the model husband but that's between him & the women he dates & marries. Why did Rosie make comments about him anyway? I didn't get that.
I don't watch those shows either, but I have caught the replays of the main events on Fox in the evenings. The American Idol singer you're thinking of is Clay Aiken who claims to be straight...
That was a dumb attack by Rosie and some said it unwittingly outed Clay Aiken who has repeatedly denied being gay, and if someone put his or her hand over my mouth to shut me up, I'd be furious for two reasons: The rudeness of the gesture and the unsanitary exposure.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:06 PM

431 posts, read 393,538 times
You missed Rosie's most recent comment (according to Fox News) saying that "Donald's show tanked" while she pumped her hands up in the air.

I do hope Rosie pays through the behind for all of this ~ if anyone can get her to SHUT UP ALREADY, it's The Donald.

**Did his show "tank"?? I've never seen one episode of it but I do know about it and thought it was popular ~ I could be wrong....

Old 01-10-2007, 08:15 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,390,275 times
In the words of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog:

"Rosie or Donald, oh which should I pick? It's like picking which puddle of vomit to lick."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV