Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 04:54 PM

733 posts, read 468,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Per today's TVCUE, a NEW episode #3 (Behind Us, a Cliff) will be shown tonight - on Paramount - again following Yellowstone.

So, I'm guessing the rush to subscribe to Paramount+ hasn't been overwhelming. They may keep feeding new episodes of 1883 on Paramount cable until a fan base is developed.

Actually, the Yellowstone fans should be angry. Paramount is disloyal, not to mention blatantly exploitative, to Yellowstone fans requiring they pay to watch a prequel to their much loved series on a separate Paramount network.

Yellowstone has become a huge surprise hit, far beyond anything anyone expected. Paramount should be thankful for this success, appreciate its viewers, instead of trying to wring more money out of them.
All true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 05:18 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbeagles View Post
All true.
No it is not all accurate
If you would check Wikipedia or other sources you would see that episode is not NEW
It may be (from my cable channel info) they are playing more than one episode in a 2+ hr time slot

Old 01-02-2022, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I'm enjoying it, but have to try hard to ignore the anachronisms in speech and hair and clothing. It's just some fun, enjoyable, fiction.
What did you catch as anachronisms?

Old 01-02-2022, 05:35 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Paramount is paying through the nose for Sheridan’s new shows. They have given him a serious green light also for 6666 so he is their top show runner and content creator
They need to get repaid for that…
Free market economy
Paramount is not an OTA service like CBS
And + is a premium service
No idea what it cost to get Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, and Elliot to commit to a series
Elliott might be gone after S1 but Hill and McGraw are likely longer contracts
Isabel May committed before she saw a script just on her belief in Sheridan…
Apparently he is very hands on, writes all scripts before filming started so the actors could see the story arc
Very unusual but Sheridan really admired S1 of True Detective

No one is making you watch
I think it is kind of disingenuous to complain so much about this show which is all creative content and let the NFL run a totally controlled monopoly viewing situation for shows broadcast on PUBLIC airwave 90% of the time
I didnt mean to stir up the hornets nest.

My issues is that i dont have cable whatsoever - we don't watch ton of TV, aside from a handful of netflix and HBO shows. When we find one we like on another network, we're typically able to buy the entire season on apple TV (aka "season pass"). It doesn't appear that paramount is allowing this for 1883, rather requiring a subscription to the paramount+ network.

Old 01-02-2022, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post

My issues is that i dont have cable whatsoever - we don't watch ton of TV, aside from a handful of netflix and HBO shows. When we find one we like on another network, we're typically able to buy the entire season on apple TV (aka "season pass"). It doesn't appear that paramount is allowing this for 1883, rather requiring a subscription to the paramount+ network.
Why Paramount is doing distribution rights like it is

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-a...lus-heres-why/

Old 01-02-2022, 05:42 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Interesting - thanks for sharing.

Old 01-02-2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post

I think they are missing possible audience
Mayor of Kingstown is by Sheridan like Yellowstone and 1883 but I imagine it gets little viewership despite having good cast and strong writing (Sheridan’s real contribution IMO) but because it is only on + it is missing Yellowstone viewers who might watch it based on Sheridan’s following…

Getting angry over something none of us can control (Paramount’s distribution decisions) just doesn’t seem worth it
Watch or don’t watch as Yoda would say…

Old 01-02-2022, 05:59 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
I thought it was very well done. Episodes 1 & 2 dropped last night. I love a well made western, beautiful cinematography. Tim McGraw seems to have the chops to pull off the role of the early Dutton men. Sam Elliot was made for the role he's in. Looking forward to Billy Bob Thornton showing up....he may have already, I only watched ep 1 last night.

I'm trying to figure out the lineage, James Dutton maybe John Dutton's Great Grandfather? Episode one was narrated by and from the point of view of James' & Margaret's (Faith Hill) oldest daughter Elsa, who is coming of age at the beginning of the story.
We watched it tonight when it showed up highlighted on my Firestick. Only after we finished (loved it) did I take a look and find out that is it on Paramount. Guess I won't see any more of it darn it.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:17 PM

There has been no E4 on + so far tonight
No explanation but think there should be
It has always aired before 10pm Eastern

And if you Google E4 apparently Paramount held off on 1883 #4 until next wk
Because Yellowstone’s finale was on
Cheap shot IMO
But certainly whets the viewers’ appetite for 1883
There is a behind the scenes episode which may be trying to transition Yellowstone viewers over to 1883 on +

Last edited by loves2read; 01-02-2022 at 08:30 PM..

Old 01-03-2022, 12:46 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,673,025 times
We were watching the Yellowstone marathon today, and one of the episodes started with a story of the Dutton family, 1880s, with a very dramatic cliff hanger. What was so interesting was that when the episode aired (early in S4, I think), we hadn't seen any of the 1883 episodes yet, so the characters of the past weren't familiar to us. But now! There was James, and there was Margaret, in their little log cabin in Montana! And their son John was at least 4 years older than in 1883, and there was a younger son, too. I'm totally intrigued. A preview of what is going to happen in 1883! Probably in addition to the story of the buffalo herd that great-grandfather John saved, and the secret grave of the old Indian chief, and other hints dropped in the Yellowstone seasons. Story-telling on a grand scale!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV