Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2021, 12:30 PM

4,041 posts, read 5,016,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I have four biracial kids. I had many conversations when I was pregnant, with both African American and European American family members, and with my African American husband, wondering about what the children would look like, including but not limited to the skin tone, and whether or not the babies would inherit not just red hair but a red afro! Oh my, that would have been unfortunate.

As things played out, each child has a different look and skin tone. My eldest definitely looks biracial - half black and half white. She has pale-ish skin but jet black hair. Her features are not either race - they are clearly a mixture. She's gorgeous. My second daughter looks African American, with darker skin and thicker, but brownish hair. Beautiful eyes. She's gorgeous. My oldest son looks like an Arab - LOL. In fact, he's often mistaken for someone Arabic. He has aquiline features and he keeps his dark brown hair short and his skin tone is what I'd call medium but he doesn't look "white" or "black." He's gorgeous. My youngest son looks the most like my eldest daughter, and he looks biracial to me as well. Jet black hair, paler skin, very chiseled features that are neither "black" nor "white." All four kids have dark brown eyes. But so do both the parents so there's that.

Anyway, like I said, there was always a lot of speculation about who they would take after the most - from EVERYONE of EVERY color.

Ironically, Archie looks like MM's father to me, but I digress.

As far as wanting to commit suicide when she was five months pregnant, first of all, we have no idea whether that's actually true. Secondly, I don't see Meghan worrying about whether she offends anyone or not. And finally, I am sorry but I do think she is prone to exaggeration. Plus she plays up anything she can to be "like" Princess Diana to Harry.
The difference here is that you, as a mother, were involved in the conversations. Meghan was not, and they both refuse to name the person who brought it up. It happened and not in the manner in which you experienced it.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:31 PM

18,732 posts, read 19,076,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Because they feel they were wronged and shunned and are not willing to pretend it didn't happen. They are getting even. Good for them.
They were angry that money , security had been sawed off from them.. plain an simple.. damn all to do with how they were wronged.. all this was talked over before they left Canada... with the Royal family... this is payback for losing so much.. as they thought they would carry on being treated like Royals by doing nothing ..

Old 03-09-2021, 12:33 PM

4,041 posts, read 5,016,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Committing suicide is a female ploy. It's manipulative. I escaped two relationships with women and both were determined to take me down the wedding path. One slit her wrists and the other took sleeping pills. And both suicide attempts were done in my presence and each time I had to rushed her to the hospital promising that I would marry her. I didn't. I ran like a prisoner breaking out of Shawshank Prison.
Meghan was being bullied by the British media. Big difference.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:37 PM

13,309 posts, read 8,617,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
But why go on Oprah? Why not just live quietly with his family away from his supposedly horrible family?

She has torn him from his family. I don't view this in a positive light.
Nor do I.
I read the monarchs response. They (the royals) are far more civil in response. No way would I feed in to these nieve young couples ploy. Sometimes fiddle Dee Dee is a better response.

Prince Harry left his birth country. That's not a man seeking asylum. That's a gent swallowing Hook line and sinker Meghan's manipulating plan. I seriously do not see this marriage going any further then 5-7 years. He'll at some point realize family is more then what lays beside him.

She deliberately made a ambiguous scenario with the shocker theme be about skin color.
Every married person I know has offspring that are bi racial. No one is genetically pure. We as homo sapiens are wanders and explorers.

Anyways, they will in years to come stop their blithering and make peace.
That mud tossing was not how to get along with kin.

How dare anyone compare Meg to Diana in any way , shape or form. Diana had class. Her tenderness was authentic.

Meg is who she is, but certainly not the caliber of Lady Di..

Old 03-09-2021, 12:41 PM

18,653 posts, read 16,143,164 times
I think what people forget, or maybe never knew, is that Diana had a personality disorder--Borderline Personality Disorder. She had the classic symptoms, brought about by abandonment at an early age by her mother and several other things that happened when she was young. Diana played games too in her princess role, although not nearly as bad or as much as MM. Diana wasn't a malignant narcissist. But BPD is a horrible disorder, is not 'curable,' and the people who suffer from BPD (mostly women) are miserable through and through and make their intimate partners and others miserable.

It's kind of ironic that MM is choosing to try and copy Diana as a victim. MM is that toxic person who acts one way when she's in public and then this whole other side comes out when she doesn't have an audience.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:55 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,679,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Whether or not Harry's blood is royal is still a matter of some debate. James Hewett?
I don't think anyone seriously disputes Harry's paternity. His coloring is the reason that rumor started, but red hair is a trait that runs in the Spencer family. Harry actually looks a great deal like his grandfather, Prince Philip, did as a young man.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
They are living in a $14 million house
Yeah I feel sorry for them .. not
If they crave privacy they need to stay quiet and out of the public eye

I really dislike them both
Im in shock at how callous these two horrors are behaving while Harrys grandfather is very ill in hospital while they seem to be more interested in their son being a Prince... what the hell is going on in their heads.. Thomas Markle too looks a broken man and no one seems to give a damn.. this isnt normal behaviour.. Can you imagine an ordinary couple behaving this way to their parents or grandparents who have been devoted to them for years... They all seem to be forgotten sad people who have been demonised by this couple.. What a sad twosome.. Harry used to be my favourite Royal with all his army work with Invictus.. but now hes turned into a wimp who cant see the wood.. He is besotted and beguiled by this self centred woman... who has a massive chip on her shoulder.. and no one will tell her what to do or think... shes a real piece of work..

Old 03-09-2021, 12:59 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,497,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I disagree. But, in fact, it was a white person to a white person (unnamed slandered family member to Harry).
Harry was to be father of a mixed race child. So—same difference. When color really does not matter, when people really don’t stereotype based on outward appearance, maybe it will be OK for a white person to ask or speculate about a newborn’s skin color. But we know we do not live in that kind of world now. Skin color is a sensitive subject.

Old 03-09-2021, 01:04 PM

29,842 posts, read 34,803,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Im in shock at how callous these two horrors are behaving while Harrys grandfather is very ill in hospital while they seem to be more interested in their son being a Prince... what the hell is going on in their heads.. Thomas Markle too looks a broken man and no one seems to give a damn.. this isnt normal behaviour.. Can you imagine an ordinary couple behaving this way to their parents or grandparents who have been devoted to them for years... They all seem to be forgotten sad people who have been demonised by this couple.. What a sad twosome.. Harry used to be my favourite Royal with all his army work with Invictus.. but now hes turned into a wimp who cant see the wood.. He is besotted and beguiled by this self centred woman... who has a massive chip on her shoulder.. and no one will tell her what to do or think... shes a real piece of work..
Are you personally acquainted with any of these people? You have very strong feelings and seem to think you know an awful lot about the inner workings of their family relationships to be so casually judgemental and to care *so* much.

As for the interview, it was taped months ago--long before Prince Philip was in the hospital. Oprah's production company and an American TV network aren't responsible for treating him with kid gloves.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 03-09-2021 at 01:25 PM..

Old 03-09-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Nor do I.
I read the monarchs response. They (the royals) are far more civil in response. No way would I feed in to these nieve young couples ploy. Sometimes fiddle Dee Dee is a better response.

Prince Harry left his birth country. That's not a man seeking asylum. That's a gent swallowing Hook line and sinker Meghan's manipulating plan. I seriously do not see this marriage going any further then 5-7 years. He'll at some point realize family is more then what lays beside him.

She deliberately made a ambiguous scenario with the shocker theme be about skin color.
Every married person I know has offspring that are bi racial. No one is genetically pure. We as homo sapiens are wanders and explorers.

Anyways, they will in years to come stop their blithering and make peace.
That mud tossing was not how to get along with kin.

How dare anyone compare Meg to Diana in any way , shape or form. Diana had class. Her tenderness was authentic.

Meg is who she is, but certainly not the caliber of Lady Di..
I agree.. Megs has read up on Diana for years it was said by her friend. and knew a lot about her.. she will never be a Queen of Hearts or anything near it...What she does have though is a personality that can easy manipulate other either to her way of thinking or to admire her.. Shes good at that.Ill give her credit but most from the past have found out the real Meghan.. Harry thinks he s won a watch... with this amazing woman who let him know he was "trapped" for years without him even knowing till he met wonderwoman... now Harry says is brother William and father are trapped too.. this lady should have a crystal ball , as she seems to know how everyone is feeling without them even knowing..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV