Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 04:55 PM

28,682 posts, read 18,816,352 times

Advertisements

Dave Filoni comes through again for Star Wars fans. He's producing the 7th season that had been planned for the animated Clone Wars series. Many of the stories for the season had already been written and even blocked out in rudimentary CGI when it was cancelled when Disney first purchased Lucasfilm.

Clone Wars had superb stories, fully developing Anakin Skywalker's development as a Jedi and then sowing the seeds of moral failure that would clearly lead to his desolation in Revenge of the Sith.

Clone Wars is also rich in its development of the clone troopers, getting deep into their ranks as they showed individuality, moral commitment to their vocation and each other, and then to the Jedi. It's tragic because we know how it's going to end, yet enthralling to get into their challenges and victories--and humanity.

Clone Wars also moves into unquestionably the most mature plots and scenes of all on-screen Star Wars. Much of it, particularly in the last three televised seasons, is really too gritty for children. Take, for instance, the scene where Ventriss skewers a clone trooper (one we grew to like) on her light saber, pulls him to her, and kisses him as he dies.

Glad so see it returning.

Well done, Filoni. Why aren't you running all of Star Wars for Disney?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JY2kFKVwO0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 04:36 AM

11 posts, read 6,117 times
How will Disney decide what airs on their cable/broadcast channels and their new streaming serice? Are the going to abandon their cable/broadcast channels and put all new content on their streaming service?

Old 07-23-2018, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebre12 View Post
How will Disney decide what airs on their cable/broadcast channels and their new streaming serice? Are the going to abandon their cable/broadcast channels and put all new content on their streaming service?
Hard to say--my understanding is that this Clone Wars production will be streamed. There is a distinct advantage to streaming, particularly for science fiction fans.

SF usually does poorly in airtime ratings competition. SF does much better if it can allow a loyal audience to find it. That's why Star Trek initially failed in ratings, but succeeded wildly in syndication.

Inasmuch as I'm ending our relationship with cable programming, I'd just as soon they stream it.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:19 PM

Latest trailer. I'm waiting for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx9CMSPMfRs

Old 04-15-2019, 06:40 AM

22,925 posts, read 28,298,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebre12 View Post
How will Disney decide what airs on their cable/broadcast channels and their new streaming service?
It's all going to be the same thing in 5-10 years.

The only reason millions of people still pay for cable at all is because providers like Time-Warner and Xfinity bundle their Internet service with cable TV --- and they are the only game in town in vast swaths of the country. I don't exactly live in the sticks, but we have to pay for cable, which we never watch, because that is the only way to get high-speed Internet in our area. We could cut the cable service and have Internet only --- and pay more to do so. So we keep paying for cable that we never watch.

So Xfinity can continue to tell their advertisers that they have X million subscribers and can continue to sell them commercial time. Even though X millions are no longer watching.

Ain't capitalism great!

Old 02-20-2020, 09:18 AM

1,462 posts, read 975,562 times
Well it is finally getting close to Feb 21st for Episode 1 of Clone Wars.
Just saw that latest video below. I'm glad that Filoni gets to close the Clone Wars, hopefully, the right way.

https://youtu.be/oggRmtYFHiA

Old 02-23-2020, 11:12 AM

Ok so episode 1 of season 7 is a wrap. Rex with the 'Bad Batch' clones. I thought it was a good episode and kind of bummed that the 24 minutes went by so quickly. Not to give away any spoilers to those that haven't seen episode 1. I'm looking forward episode 2. So what are other's thoughts that have seen episode 1?

Old 02-23-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
Ok so episode 1 of season 7 is a wrap. Rex with the 'Bad Batch' clones. I thought it was a good episode and kind of bummed that the 24 minutes went by so quickly. Not to give away any spoilers to those that haven't seen episode 1. I'm looking forward episode 2. So what are other's thoughts that have seen episode 1?

Good episode.

This was, however, an old story. They had actually blocked out the voices and animation for this season before the series was abruptly cancelled. Those videos are on YouTube. I saw them several years ago. This episode appears to be pretty much just the finished version. I expect the rest of the season (or at least the first arc) to be the same.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:34 AM

Episode 5 was a good episode. Finally brings Ahsoka back into the mix. The Bad Batch episodes were good, but nice to see her back and looking forward to what comes next.

Old 04-20-2020, 10:33 AM

Episode 9 was much more of what I was expecting to see in the final season. I enjoyed the Bad Batch and the Martez sisters episodes, but both of those went on one or two episodes too many for me. The next 3 episodes, I hope are going to be a great ending to the series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV