Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 06:16 PM

738 posts, read 1,885,447 times

Advertisements

I think the two female contestants actually wanted to end their marriage. What better way????

Crazy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 08:53 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,498,424 times
These people destroyed their own marriages. They just used this show as a vehicle to finish it off. If these people had not broken their marriage vows, lied, stole and everything else to begin with they would still be married because they would not have qualified to be on the show to begin with. They only take people that have a ton of "dirt" to reveal.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:01 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,498,424 times
Well I just watched the season finale' tonight and boy that lady was something. I couldn't believe how she sad there will that smerk on her face the whole time. They said it will be on next season and showed previews.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:13 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,429,340 times
How much did she win tonight. I had to put my son to sleep and missed the last 25mins.

And what did that blonde have to say in her "interview"?

Old 04-03-2008, 02:39 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,048,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
How much did she win tonight. I had to put my son to sleep and missed the last 25mins.

And what did that blonde have to say in her "interview"?
I watched as well, and I thought this evening's episode was even worse than the one I watched while working out this afternoon. The contestant didn't win anything, and the blonde just spewed some inane prattle about what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

This show is truly gutter trash. I watched a few episodes as a matter of curiosity -- I shall not watch again. How much lower as a society can we go -- wait -- I don't think I want to know...

Old 04-03-2008, 08:27 AM

774 posts, read 1,419,741 times
I agree that it is gutter trash. dahubby and I only saw previews of the show and dahubby refused to watch even one episode.
There is truly too much trash on tv. What happened to all the morals that we had. I remember when Barbara Eden was censored on "I Dream of Jeannie" because her belly button showed! And married couples on any show had to sleep in twin beds! I say we need to get some of those morals back.
I refuse to watch, The Simpson, The Family Guy or any of those shows. In fact my tv is usually on a PBS channel.
I hope the station executives decide not to bring "Moment of Trash..er..Truth" back next season.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:21 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,987,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamagator54 View Post
I agree that it is gutter trash. dahubby and I only saw previews of the show and dahubby refused to watch even one episode.
There is truly too much trash on tv. What happened to all the morals that we had. I remember when Barbara Eden was censored on "I Dream of Jeannie" because her belly button showed! And married couples on any show had to sleep in twin beds! I say we need to get some of those morals back.
I refuse to watch, The Simpson, The Family Guy or any of those shows. In fact my tv is usually on a PBS channel.
I hope the station executives decide not to bring "Moment of Trash..er..Truth" back next season.
One of my thoughts is, if you give people too much of what they think they like, they will get bored with it and go on to something better. That does not always work, especially with sex, because the older generation may tire of it, but the kids, in their prime, think its something new and exciting.

So sex and killing and computer graphics replace good plot, interesting characters, and insightfull acting. Cheap.

But, on tv, I think it must be hard to deliver a quality product, consistantly, on a daily basis, or at least once a week. I think, this is where 'reality' tv becomes helpful to producers.

I guess you've never watched Maury. Don't. With your attitude, you'd have a heart attack. A person could watch 'Truth' and find it amusing, how some people live, how some con themselves and others into thinking they are trustworthy when they may not be, how some would-be starlettes can do a really convincing acting job, and maybe someone should hire them.

I really think much of reality tv is scripted or edited to have the viewer reach a conclusion that they may not have, otherwise.

I really do not have much care about the moral issue, but some quality might be nice, and you're correct that PBS has some of the best shows on tv.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:25 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,458,535 times
Sounds like they turned Jerry Springer into a game show - I guess Hollywood really is capable of polishing turds!

Old 04-03-2008, 06:23 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,036,900 times
This show is lame

the contestant controlls the game so how can anyone really lose,They tell all these dark secrets they had infront of millions of viewers then quit at a certain amount of money,why not keep going since the contestant has all the right answers,they already revealed alot why not reveal a couple more things for more money,I dont get it.

The girl on last night was asked if she would ever pose nude for a magazine,she answered no and lost all money that she earned,then at the end she admitted she would for a couple hundred thousand dollars.She admitted so much already why would she lie about something like that knowing its gonna cost her everything she just earned,

this game show has to be sripted

why dont a good girl virgin go on, answer everything truthfully and take all the money.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:40 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,987,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
This show is lame

the contestant controlls the game so how can anyone really lose,They tell all these dark secrets they had infront of millions of viewers then quit at a certain amount of money,why not keep going since the contestant has all the right answers,they already revealed alot why not reveal a couple more things for more money,I dont get it.

The girl on last night was asked if she would ever pose nude for a magazine,she answered no and lost all money that she earned,then at the end she admitted she would for a couple hundred thousand dollars.She admitted so much already why would she lie about something like that knowing its gonna cost her everything she just earned,

this game show has to be sripted

why dont a good girl virgin go on, answer everything truthfully and take all the money.
I agree. It - actually most reality shows - has writers and should be seen as entertainment only, and not as real people live. The thing that lands them on the show is that their are peculiar things about them that they would want to cover up.

The contestants are given lie detector tests ahead of time. That way, the show knows what they will probably lie about, where the weak areas are. They would not let a nice virgin on the show, even if they apply. That would make a pretty boring show and guarantee a cash payout.

The show does not want to lose its money, and it wants audience, so they deliberately choose contestants who they think con others or con themselves.

Or they choose aspiring young actresses.

Again, the rumor is that one was overheard complaining that she didn't even get a part out of being on the show.

I think it serves a purpose in perhaps giving the public insights into how people can be duped into relationships with liars.

These people do not represent the general public, they are chosen for some 'unique' quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV