Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 11:08 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,355 times

Advertisements

Kate Gosselin Spanking Leah Photos

Yes I saw this earlier. There are a bunch of pictures to go through, including one of a local hair salon with gossip magazines all over their tables.

I never thoguht I would defend Kate, and I guess it's a matter of opinion as to whether it's ok to spank a child, but I don't think she would physically abuse them.

Also, they have 20+ acres of land. It had to have been the paparazzi that were using telescopic lenses to get those photos, and I think that is crossing the line. They do not have neighbors close by enough to see that stuff going on.

http://www.newhomessection.com/blog/...-new-house.jpg

http://www.newhomessection.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/2009/05/jon-and-kate-new-house-overhead-view.jpg

** Edit... look at the comment section, a few down. Looks very familiar.

Last edited by mainegirl; 06-17-2009 at 11:18 AM..

Old 06-17-2009, 11:22 AM

149 posts, read 615,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
OMG...last night on Entertainment Tonight they showed a photo of Kate hitting Leah. Apparently, Kate was busy on her cell phone and Leah was blowing a whistle. She told Leah to stop and when she didn't she hit Leah and a few neighbors and passerbys saw this happen. Kate then called the police and said she had too many people around her property and asked for them to be removed. Caught again doing the unthinkable (hitting her child) and she calls the cops on the public. The cops should have arrested her. Kate is losing it. She needs serious psychological help and have her removed from the air. I can't believe a child blowing a whistle is a major problem for Kate. I guess talking on the phone and not taking care of her children is much more important. PATHETIC. She continues like this and her kids will be removed from her and if they are, it is from her own doing.
A parent should have the cops called on her for disciplining her child? You can't be serious. If that's the case, I should be serving a life sentence with no chance for parole. I am far from a Kate supporter, but jeez. I would love to see what happens if someone tried to take the kids from her for hitting them. I give Kate crap, but I can also give her credit on this. So many people get on her case about being away from home all the time, now she's home so she shouldn't be allowed to discipline the child?

Old 06-17-2009, 11:48 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,466,557 times
Quote:
OMG...last night on Entertainment Tonight they showed a photo of Kate hitting Leah. Apparently, Kate was busy on her cell phone and Leah was blowing a whistle. She told Leah to stop and when she didn't she hit Leah and a few neighbors and passerbys saw this happen. Kate then called the police and said she had too many people around her property and asked for them to be removed. Caught again doing the unthinkable (hitting her child) and she calls the cops on the public. The cops should have arrested her. Kate is losing it. She needs serious psychological help and have her removed from the air. I can't believe a child blowing a whistle is a major problem for Kate. I guess talking on the phone and not taking care of her children is much more important. PATHETIC. She continues like this and her kids will be removed from her and if they are, it is from her own doing.
I am far from a Kate supporter, but I believe we have the issues we have in our society today because parents don't discipline their kids. Have you ever been trying to talk on the phone and had someone talk to you in the background? It's very distracting. Now add a whistle to the mix and it will get very annoying very quickly. If Kate had just jumped on Leah, then I would have a problem with the scenario, but Kate asked Leah to stop and she didn't. So I think Kate was justified.

I am the mother of a 15-year-old daughter and there are things she will do to get on my nerves just because she woke up today. I believe talking can take a parent only so far. I have rarely spanked my child, but the few times I have were because she blatantly disobeyed me or talked back to me. I will not tolerate that level of disrespect from my child in my home. If that offends someone, it just does. Parents need to parent and not be their child's friend! Today's kids are very, very disrespectful and we are in serious trouble if these rude, obnoxious, mean-spirited, self-centered children are going to be our leaders in the future.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:00 PM

149 posts, read 615,834 times
I can't tell how many times I've seen some spoiled little brat disrespecting the mother and having nothing happen to him. You have parents today who literally PLEAD with their kids to listen to them. I don't claim to be the best parent in the world, but when my two boys (9 and 5 y.o.) go somewhere, my wife and I are usually told that they are very well-behaved. I'm sure some of that has to do with the fact that we lit their bottoms up when the time called for it.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:49 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I am far from a Kate supporter, but I believe we have the issues we have in our society today because parents don't discipline their kids. Have you ever been trying to talk on the phone and had someone talk to you in the background? It's very distracting. Now add a whistle to the mix and it will get very annoying very quickly. If Kate had just jumped on Leah, then I would have a problem with the scenario, but Kate asked Leah to stop and she didn't. So I think Kate was justified.

I am the mother of a 15-year-old daughter and there are things she will do to get on my nerves just because she woke up today. I believe talking can take a parent only so far. I have rarely spanked my child, but the few times I have were because she blatantly disobeyed me or talked back to me. I will not tolerate that level of disrespect from my child in my home. If that offends someone, it just does. Parents need to parent and not be their child's friend! Today's kids are very, very disrespectful and we are in serious trouble if these rude, obnoxious, mean-spirited, self-centered children are going to be our leaders in the future.
I'm not saying this to make fun of anything, but I think that Mady is a prime example of her parents not disciplining enough. But who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:18 PM

84 posts, read 189,582 times
Kate should go to jail? What country do we live in that it is NOT okay to spank a child? I am not talking about child abuse either. There is a BIG difference between spanking a child and beating a child. I never spanked my two oldest children when they were growing up. But my third child, oy vey. C'mon now, if every parent were arrested for spanking their child, who would pick up the kids from school? Who would clean the house? Who would pay the bills? Who would take care of the other children in the home? We will soon have a country filled with spoiled, unruly children who will do whatever they want because they never were disciplined when it was warranted. I grew up in the 70's and was never hit growing up. I saw my older brother get it a few times and that was enough deterrent for me. Back then there was no such thing as what is going on now with all this "parents should go to jail" for spanking.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:28 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,385,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelMan View Post
I can't tell how many times I've seen some spoiled little brat disrespecting the mother and having nothing happen to him. You have parents today who literally PLEAD with their kids to listen to them. I don't claim to be the best parent in the world, but when my two boys (9 and 5 y.o.) go somewhere, my wife and I are usually told that they are very well-behaved. I'm sure some of that has to do with the fact that we lit their bottoms up when the time called for it.
Yea I've seen that so many times, I actually feel sad for the parents because if you can't get your child to listen to and respect you at 9, you'll never make it through the teen years. As far as Jon & Kate, it seem like the twins have more behavior problems than the sextuplets. I've noticed a new family on the WE channel with 6 kids - anybody catch that show?

Old 06-17-2009, 03:20 PM

90 posts, read 177,087 times
What I am saying is that Kate did say on a couple of episodes that she does not spank her children. So for her to be caught in the act it goes to show her credibility. I do believe that a child should be spanked once in a while but because a child was blowing a whistle while she was on the phone is not a good enough reason for her to spank the child like that. It will sometimes take a child a few times to get a hint when a parent says to stop but Kate did not give the child much time to stop the whistling. All I'm saying is that if Kate preaches something and then goes and does the opposite, that's where my beef is. Practice what you preach is the saying but that's not what Kate is doing. If she does spank her kids, it's her business but don't go saying that you don't spank them and then go and do it. That's my only beef about the situation. I apologize that I didn't word it properly during my previous post. Sorry about that.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,192,444 times
Quote:
Give me a break! You can't tell from the photos what happened, if she spanked her, or did something worse. If I am on the phone, and have asked my child to stop blowing the whistle, and he doesn't, yes, that is a problem. Of course hitting a child is not right, but you can't tell from the photos what she did or did not do.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:31 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,192,444 times
Quote:
What I am saying is that Kate did say on a couple of episodes that she does not spank her children. So for her to be caught in the act it goes to show her credibility. I do believe that a child should be spanked once in a while but because a child was blowing a whistle while she was on the phone is not a good enough reason for her to spank the child like that. It will sometimes take a child a few times to get a hint when a parent says to stop but Kate did not give the child much time to stop the whistling. All I'm saying is that if Kate preaches something and then goes and does the opposite, that's where my beef is. Practice what you preach is the saying but that's not what Kate is doing. If she does spank her kids, it's her business but don't go saying that you don't spank them and then go and do it. That's my only beef about the situation. I apologize that I didn't word it properly during my previous post. Sorry about that.
Oh? You were there and saw the whole thing?

For everyone on here who says they are sick of hearing about J & K, and wishes their show would go off the air, and thinks it is wrong for the paparazzi to be camped around their property, STOP READING THE TABLOIDS! If people keep reading them and posting links to their sites, they won't go away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.