Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 03:06 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
You know how we see children of celebrities growing up troubled, brats, spoiled, indulgent etc etc etc. And they were not even in the camera!!!! - only their parents were. How many degrees worse is then this show??? We would be in uproar if any celebrity- Halle Berry, Marcia Cross, Demi Moore, - showed off daily lives of their children. The idea of parading their children is off limits for average people (an even for celebrities) ...
I can only imagine how those moms at the b-day party really feel about Kate. As the kids get older, I would imagine their friends would catch on that they get special treatment and all kinds of stuff for free. Those kids may have trouble making and keeping friends. Good thing they have each other, I guess.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:09 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I read somewhere that marriage counseling is a stipulation of their contract for the show this season. Don't know if that is true. I think they should at least try before calling it quits. For all we know they've already been in counseling.
It probably is--and a more embarassing 'plot line' could not be found.

I think that 'We, the Viewers' understand the issues pretty well and several psychiatrists, psychologists have added 'Professional' observations.

The amount of pain, disappointment and resulting anger is just too private to be shared. A veritable Pandora's Box.

I'll name a few of my fond memories--which of course can all be rationalized and explained --but as one viewer, I don't need more memories like this:

--Disneyworld--a child drops ice cream on her dress--Kate scrubs her and behaves as if a great catastrophe had occurred

--The gum incident. 'Who would give a 3 yr old gum--I'm going to throw away your bear'

--First trip to the beach--sand was blowing children were crying, as children will--the voice bellows over the wind--'Jon---'

--Cleaning out the garage--the pine cone box dispute

--Painting Mady and Cara's room--endless comments about 'I need help and Jon is not down here with the kids'

--A yard sale for charity --a word was spelled incorrectly--yes, that would annoy me--but again so much was said and the looks on her face--she can be quite frightening. I have rarely seen her smile and don't care for the sarcasm that passes for humor on many occasions. I believe that is passive-aggressive behavior or some type of neurosis--it is hurtful.

Close to 10 years of this would erode any affection that might have existed between the couple and think of the sides that extended family and friends are forced to take.

If Jon had said, 'Frankly, my dear I don't give a d@m' I think that would have been an appropriate ending on Monday night.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:09 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,487,638 times
I agree with the poster above. I think this started out as one thing and led to something completely different. I think it started out as a tv program to show what it is like for a family of 2 sets of multiples, and ended up as a multi year intrusive account of their life. These children cannot even possibly have anything close to a "normal" life. I am sure with that many children money is an issue, but they have made a ton of money from this venture at the cost of the children, their marraige, and their privacy. There has to come a point where money simply isn't the priority and a healthy intact family is.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:10 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Very true, I am not saying for these children to be followed for many many years to come (older age). I'm saying a few years in between. Once they get to be teenagers and beyond they don't have to do anything....I disagree with doing the whole thing to begin with but whats is done is done. I watch maybe three, four shows...and seen the season opener only because of the media. If I was her I would not have commericalized my life for the entire world to see. I would have gladly let them see glimpses because we as a nation have curious minds on how people do things and deal with things. But to glamorize your children and put your relationship at harm...why? If she knew the satistics about couples of multipules long ago...why? Why continue doing what your doing to your children. Why not seek emotional and support from an outside source shortly after the 8 were born so everything and flow better and axe the camera's after the first year....and not only that the first year have minimal taping time. Like two three days a week. Not your whole entire life.....
According to Kate they average 3 days of taping per week. At first I thought the cameras really just filmed things that were going on in their lives and figured out how to make episodes out of it later. After reading the Us Mag article where the sister in law says the whole thing is staged, I can see how it is probably all planned out, and able to be filmed in just a few days. They probably know ahead of time what the episode will be about, and just go film on that specific day.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:15 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,593 times
Halle Berry baby is still so small...can't compare
Marcia Cross the same....

Demi Moore showed of her kids when they were in the womb...however Demi and Bruce REMOVED themselves from Hollywood to give their children a chance at life. And if they want to be in the movie business so be it. I don't think they ever really acted troubled, spoiled etc.

Yes commericalizing your child is horriable, again Kate does this for her perks. End of story. For anyone to think otherwise has not, is not reading the media, watching the shows or otherwise. Jon made his bed to for allowing this to happen. The general public is always interested in what people do with their lives and such...that is were reality TV came from. You can't tell me a year from now if TLC or any other network did a one hour show following up with Octomom no one would watch...because that's just not true. No matter how much we agree to disagree on what is right for her kids or Jon and Kate's kids...or even that Jim Bob guy and his kids. The media does it all the time....and you and I and most of the viewing public watch or read or listen to it. In the car, at home, at the coffee shop. Its the nature of the beast. What goes around comes around. And for Kate to publicly go with her family years ago and not expect to be slammed in the media for something...her attitude, the way she is with her children, the way her own family removes themselves from her/or she pushes them out, the way she treats Jon and he allows it...then to play the poor pity me card. I'm no sucker, and fell nothing for her. I feel for those kids.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:17 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,289 times
I know for me this story that they are still having this show makes me very angry. I know a lot of you are too. The issue is what we can do about it. Whatever Jon and Kate do will be what they do. What we as viewers and I 'm not sure how to target TLC to take this show off. People when a show gets cancelled have kept a show on . I do think if people stop focusing on Jon and Kate and turn to the unresponsively way that TLC is showing this show it would help. Kids watch this show. Also those 8 kids are being exploded while it is being aired the divorce or separation of their parents. Perhaps we all should have never watched because to say now that the kids are being hurt makes no sense because living as a child with the camera in your face which is not like a child actor because the camera is in your home. It films while you go to the bathroom. cry, sleep, eat. I have wrote complaints and they just send this standard yes we know thing. Has anyone called the station? I did something that most likely won't come to anything but I wrote Gloria Aldridge a e-mail. She is the lawyer that really stepped in to try and protect the Octo Mom kids. I believe she has a law suit against her. Someone needs to step up and help these children and the first thing is to get this show off the air. If anyone has any good idea how to band together so TLC hears it let me know. We can talk here all day but TLC put the show on and if they get enough negative feedback they will take it off.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:21 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,456,019 times
Quote:
Halle Berry baby is still so small...can't compare
Marcia Cross the same....
Might as well start now. The sextuplets were near babies when the show started 5 years ago.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:24 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
It probably is--and a more embarassing 'plot line' could not be found.

I think that 'We, the Viewers' understand the issues pretty well and several psychiatrists, psychologists have added 'Professional' observations.

The amount of pain, disappointment and resulting anger is just too private to be shared. A veritable Pandora's Box.

I'll name a few of my fond memories--which of course can all be rationalized and explained --but as one viewer, I don't need more memories like this:

--Disneyworld--a child drops ice cream on her dress--Kate scrubs her and behaves as if a great catastrophe had occurred

--The gum incident. 'Who would give a 3 yr old gum--I'm going to throw away your bear'

--First trip to the beach--sand was blowing children were crying, as children will--the voice bellows over the wind--'Jon---'

--Cleaning out the garage--the pine cone box dispute

--Painting Mady and Cara's room--endless comments about 'I need help and Jon is not down here with the kids'

--A yard sale for charity --a word was spelled incorrectly--yes, that would annoy me--but again so much was said and the looks on her face--she can be quite frightening. I have rarely seen her smile and don't care for the sarcasm that passes for humor on many occasions. I believe that is passive-aggressive behavior or some type of neurosis--it is hurtful.

Close to 10 years of this would erode any affection that might have existed between the couple and think of the sides that extended family and friends are forced to take.

If Jon had said, 'Frankly, my dear I don't give a d@m' I think that would have been an appropriate ending on Monday night.
I seen one were a draw knob was found in the girls room and Kate FREAKED out demanded the girls as to where this came from...girls said boys room....she stomps into the boys room and the boys were playing having fun and then all of a sudden they see Mommy Kate..didn't show her face...but I am sure it was ugly...to ugly for little 3 year old kids (I think that is how old they were) and she bombed "Where did this come from" and the fear these kids had in their eyes!!! They froze and were fearful of Kate...now is that something a 3 year old needs to be fearful of Mommy Kate!!!! I wonder if she ever watches these shows and sees how she is?

Old 05-28-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
According to Kate they average 3 days of taping per week. At first I thought the cameras really just filmed things that were going on in their lives and figured out how to make episodes out of it later. After reading the Us Mag article where the sister in law says the whole thing is staged, I can see how it is probably all planned out, and able to be filmed in just a few days. They probably know ahead of time what the episode will be about, and just go film on that specific day.
The sister-in-law, Jodi, also says the children tell her they don't like the 'meltdowns'/tantrums/crying captured on camera. I don't know if the kids actually say this--but it has been done enough and I hold TLC responsible for selecting the footage that is aired. Sure, the drama attracts viewers and so that is what is provided.

I don't know how it is is PA but the kids are going to have to cope with comments from peers if they haven't already. 'I saw you on the potty'--that sort of remark is a 'Big Deal' for PreK's. And then, Cara and Mady have probably heard the 'other stories' about Mom and Dad.

'A crazy life'--that has new meaning.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I seen one were a draw knob was found in the girls room and Kate FREAKED out demanded the girls as to where this came from...girls said boys room....she stomps into the boys room and the boys were playing having fun and then all of a sudden they see Mommy Kate..didn't show her face...but I am sure it was ugly...to ugly for little 3 year old kids (I think that is how old they were) and she bombed "Where did this come from" and the fear these kids had in their eyes!!! They froze and were fearful of Kate...now is that something a 3 year old needs to be fearful of Mommy Kate!!!! I wonder if she ever watches these shows and sees how she is?
A crew member said that Collin did a little dance after that incident.

On Monday, Jon struck a pose--arms out by his sides as if he were flying--after Kate 'Requested' that he wipe down the bouncy castles.

16 little eyes and ears are watching and listening all the time.

I think it's great that Kate is now traveling. Lots of space--they all need lots of space to 'Recover'. All the next 40 episodes can be is 'Fun Trips' , mixed with Intervention style interviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.